Watkins and Woods would have been better with Tyrod

BADOLBILZ

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I question the seriousness of that question:

Davante Adams.......who has never gotten 1,000 yards in a season........playing mostly with AARON RODGERS.......just got $14M+ per year.

Watkins AVERAGED 1,000 yards his first two seasons.........including 80 yards per game with Tyrod in 2015.

Playing with Goff has at least temporarily cost Watkins perhaps a 7 year $100M contract.   

Probably looking at a 1 year "prove it" deal in the $8-$10M range.

You forgot to mention that Davante Adams also has 22 Rec TDs over the past 2 seasons, which is #1 over that time span. Funny how things like that are omitted. He also put up 997 and 885 receiving yards. Yes, not quite 1000, but it's not the "Tyrod Special" 407 that the Bills WRs are putting up this year. 

Anyway, strangely enough -- there are only 3 WRs with 20+ TDs over the past 2 seasons. Adams, and then Antonio Brown and Jordy Nelson, who are both tied at 20. Adams is worth $14M a year. Especially to lock him up with Nelson & Rodgers for the foreseeable future. 

But If you add Tyrod's rushing TDs, Sammy would totally have probably made that list too for '14 & '15!

I suspect if we had hired McVay/Wade and kept Sammy/Darby/Dareus, we'd be winning the AFC east and anointing Tyrod as the franchise QB we've been waiting for. But no, Russ and the Pegs' chose wrong. Again.

Hell, even if we'd had Benjamin from the beginning of the year, we'd be in the playoffs already. Funny how Tyrod never "throws guys open" or "trusts his receiver on a 50/50 ball" until he gets a receiver worth a damn. Maybe it's not Taylor? Maybe it's the practice squad rejects he's had to work with this year along with an OC who is completely lost now that he doesn't have Kubiak's teet to nurse on.

No, it's just easier to blame the QB without any context so let's stick with that.

Reminder that BADOL is a revisionist hack who argued time and time again that we needed to upgrade from the 2015 WR group (Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Goodwin, Hogan) and get a big body reciever. He constantly argued Woods was an upper tier #3 WR who could block.

Now, it's all, "Taylor put up elite numbers with the great Robert Woods." You know we read your posts, right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

I suspect if we had hired McVay/Wade and kept Sammy/Darby/Dareus, we'd be winning the AFC east and anointing Tyrod as the franchise QB we've been waiting for.

Trying to one up the op on absurdity? 

You think McVay’s system works with a qb who struggles reading defenses and pocket passing ?       

My mans said Franchise ????.   This place is freaking funny.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

How many stats is he going to put up on Sunday while he wears a visor on the bench? So he will actually be missing 4+ games of stats. 

Keep sniffing Taylor's jock you look ridiculous.

I rounded their stats up to around 1500 yards and 13-14 TD's account for that possibility. 

From Commonsense........to Basicmath........to Readingcomprehension all in one thread!:lol:

Here's the facts bro:

1374 combined receiving yard with the 2017 LA Rams.

1599 combined receiving yards with the Tyrod Bills in 2015.

1599 is more than 1374,  amirite?

And Watkins missed 3 full games that year and Woods claims to have played the entire year with a torn groin.

VERY COMPARABLE avail-ability for those two seasons.

Thank you for the beautiful set-up way.:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I rounded their stats up to around 1500 yards and 13-14 TD's account for that possibility. 

From Commonsense........to Basicmath........to Readingcomprehension all in one thread!:lol:

Here's the facts bro:

1374 combined receiving yard with the 2017 LA Rams.

1599 combined receiving yards with the Tyrod Bills in 2015.

1599 is more than 1374,  amirite?

And Watkins missed 3 full games that year and Woods claims to have played the entire year with a torn groin.

VERY COMPARABLE avail-ability for those two seasons.

Thank you for the beautiful set-up way.:thumbsup:

Did you get drunk during the TBD award show? Between trying to defend Taylor and Watkins you are giving yourself a bad look. Nice try with that math. Watkins is bad because of Goff and Taylor is bad because he doesn't have Watkins or Woods. The same Woods who you dumped on year after year. Taylor didn't need Goodwin though, and we all know how you like it balls deep, I mean deep balls.

Stick to the Goodwin victory lap, the rest is ridiculous. Equating Woods playing hurt to games he didn't even play in at all. Yikes.

44 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

McBeane better have one excellent 2018 draft considering what they sacrificed this season at WR.  

Mc beane  are dead to me they will be the reason we miss the playoffs ........ Between not drafting Dashawn Watson , getting rid of our receivers replacing them with sub standard ones , thinking Tolbert and ducasse was viable upgrades is at best troubling bordering on incompetent,  why would anyone think this old, talent depleted was changing any culture ....... I think I will take  the culture change in LA with the Rams and Chargers or in Jacksonville  its called competent coaching who is not afraid of strong personalities  something we been lacking for a while with the Peluga choices in HC both the SABRES and Bills....we should be looking for a competent GM/coach now   

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hindsight is 20/20. With that said, you should have also lamented the loss of Goodwin.  

I've made my feelings clear about Goodwin many times over the years.

He boned the Bills.

He's a more talented receiver than Woods.............but most of the clowns on this site thought he was just a less durable TJ Graham so they had no problem with Goodwin stealing money for 3 years while he trained for the 2016 Olympics......"good for Goodwin!".

Then after he crapped out at the Olympic Trials he showed up rail thin after camp had broken.......having not trained a lick for football all offseason......and treated 2016 like a de facto rookie season in his walk year.

People always talk about players the Bills "had to trade" or "had to let leave" and unfortunately that's REALLY where they were with Goodwin........he took advantage of their lack of leverage for 3 seasons and they couldn't have trusted him to do anything more than cash his signing bonus if they re-signed him.   He's decided to become a football player......."good for Goodwin!":lol:

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Did you get drunk during the TBD award show? Between trying to defend Taylor and Watkins you are giving yourself a bad look. Nice try with that math. Watkins is bad because of Goff and Taylor is bad because he doesn't have Watkins or Woods. The same Woods who you dumped on year after year. Taylor didn't need Goodwin though, and we all know how you like it balls deep, I mean deep balls.

Stick to the Goodwin victory lap, the rest is ridiculous. Equating Woods playing hurt to games he didn't even play in at all. Yikes.

I dumped on Woods for flopping all over the place in 2015........"Skates" I called him.......at the end of the year he blamed a a torn groin.   At least I noticed there was something !@#$ed up about his game.  Fair enough, Bob Woods.:thumbsup:

I would not have kept Woods for that money..........I wanted another deep threat outside........when you have two you can run all kinds of scrubs underneath for easy yardage.

This year.........they went with NONE........and saw how that worked.:lol:

But the fact remains..........Woods and Watkins put up better combined receiving numbers with Tyrod in 2015 than with Goff in 2017.    

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Anthony Lynn is laughing while  you trying to defend this joke of a coaching staff along with their talent evaluators . This is the same staff that did not want Dashwan Watson but thought popcorn Peterman was worth a roster spot . Heck the university Tennessee didn't think Peterson was worth it that's why he ran to Pitt...This is the same staff who thought Cardale Jones wasn't good enough to coach up , who won a national championship,  but  they had hopes for  popgun peterburger who won nothing in college .     Woods , Watkins , Darius , Goodwin are  very happy with their new teams  I am sure with that 6th round pick we can get a Marcel Darius this Coach should be fired for that and the Sammy trade along with thinking Tolbert and Ducasse are  players  

2 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

Anthony Lynn is laughing while  you trying to defend this joke of a coaching staff along with their talent evaluators . This is the same staff that did not want Dashwan Watson but thought popcorn Peterman was worth a roster spot . Heck the university Tennessee didn't think Peterson was worth it that's why he ran to Pitt...This is the same staff who thought Cardale Jones wasn't good enough to coach up , who won a national championship,  but  they had hopes for  popgun peterburger who won nothing in college .     Woods , Watkins , Darius , Goodwin are  very happy with their new teams  I am sure with that 6th round pick we can get a Marcel Darius this Coach should be fired for that and the Sammy trade along with thinking Tolbert and Ducasse are  players  

Uhh I hated Peterman before and after the pick, that doesn't mean I'm going to be critical of every other thing they do. What fun would that be? Are you under the impression they are going to screw up every single managerial decision? If so let's bring in the only guy that knows how to do that, Matt Millen.

6 hours ago, QB Bills said:

I suspect if we had hired McVay/Wade and kept Sammy/Darby/Dareus, we'd be winning the AFC east and anointing Tyrod as the franchise QB we've been waiting for. But no, Russ and the Pegs' chose wrong. Again.

Hell, even if we'd had Benjamin from the beginning of the year, we'd be in the playoffs already. Funny how Tyrod never "throws guys open" or "trusts his receiver on a 50/50 ball" until he gets a receiver worth a damn. Maybe it's not Taylor? Maybe it's the practice squad rejects he's had to work with this year along with an OC who is completely lost now that he doesn't have Kubiak's teet to nurse on.

No, it's just easier to blame the QB without any context so let's stick with that.

Stop, we were last or near in passing with watkins woods and goodwin and a different oc . New wrs, new coach, same result. He throws to benjamin a couple times a game.

Its easy to blame the qb because usually its their fault

6 hours ago, liverpoolkev said:

I thought your last post was bad, but this one just topped that

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I question the seriousness of that question:

Davante Adams.......who has never gotten 1,000 yards in a season........playing mostly with AARON RODGERS.......just got $14M+ per year.

Watkins AVERAGED 1,000 yards his first two seasons.........including 80 yards per game with Tyrod in 2015.

Playing with Goff has at least temporarily cost Watkins perhaps a 7 year $100M contract.   

Probably looking at a 1 year "prove it" deal in the $8-$10M range.

Boy you cherry pick stats.

7 year $100 million dollar range????????

The highest paid WR in the league, contract just signed in August is $81 million 5 year deal is Deandre Hopkins.  You really think Watkins one offseason later could have been worth $19 million more????  It’s Goffs fault he won’t become the highest paid WR of all time by a large margin???

LMFAO!

Baldo you create some of the most bizarre threads I’ve ever read on a Bills message board....geezus.

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

For all the yakking about how former Bills WR have done better without Tyrod.........the truth is that Watkins and Woods are going to produce less than 1500 yards receiving and probably 13-14 TD's for the Rams.

In Buffalo a healthy Watkins returns to 2015 form with Tyrod and puts up 1200-1300 yards and 10-12 TD's.

If Woods were with him,  healthy for the first time he'd easily far exceed the 600 he put up in 2016.......his 781 yards so far is hardly a massive total.

I'd say it's safe to say they would have put up 1800-2100 yards receiving between them and 15-17 TD's with Tyrod in 2017.

Are you stupid, or trolling? I can’t tell. 

Tyrod Taylor is awful. Your imaginary stats aren’t hypothetical because hypothetical has to be based on reason. 

Look at Woods’ YAC. His YAC with Taylor sucked because Tyrod’s an inaccurate QB (one of the reasons he’s bad) but look at his YAC with Goff. 

Tyrod has the 32 passing offense in the NFL. 

Youre either a dedicated troll or stupid. 

Youre cherry picking stats in an attempt to convince everybody that the truth we’ve seen with our eyes the past 3 years isn’t really the truth. 

Edited by The_Dude