Holiday bonus

On December 27, 2017 at 11:35 PM, Passepartout said:

On disability due to my Aspergers but no we do not. Shame but did for at a customer service for a grocery store many years ago.

You get disability for Aspergers? I thought that was something you could function fully with.  Feel free to PM your response if you don't want to answer publicly. 

19 hours ago, Augie said:

Probably per person per hour, I’m guessing...

I've always wondered what our tabs are when the CEO takes us out.  We went to a place a couple years ago and he brought a few bottles of nice wine.  The server came by and told us they were having a special (it was a Monday or something) and that all wines on the list were half price.  He very slowly but his wine away and said "order what you want guys!"  I lost track of all the Silver Oak and Veuve we went through.  The GM must have flipped the next morning when he saw how much we drank at half price. There were 12 of us and I wouldn't be surprised if we went through two bottles each. 

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I've always wondered what our tabs are when the CEO takes us out.  We went to a place a couple years ago and he brought a few bottles of nice wine.  The server came by and told us they were having a special (it was a Monday or something) and that all wines on the list were half price.  He very slowly but his wine away and said "order what you want guys!"  I lost track of all the Silver Oak and Veuve we went through.  The GM must have flipped the next morning when he saw how much we drank at half price. There were 12 of us and I wouldn't be surprised if we went through two bottles each. 

NICE! Silver Oak is about $100/bottle retail. Not telling in a restaurant. I’ve told this before, but it was the wife’s favorite after a wine country visit and I used to get her a bottle on special occasions for lack of better ideas. We had a walk in wine closet so I thought we were good. The nightly news had a piece on how wine didn’t last like it used to. I went to the wine closet and opened a bottle....and it had gone bad! We declared open season on the Silver Oak Cab and every other bottle was glorious!  HAPPY ENDING! 

On a side note, an old buddy used to help out his older neighbor across the street. Just little things, but helpful to a guy about to turn 80. When the older guys 80th BDay came around my buddy got invited to his party at a very high end restaurant. There were 20 people, and the old guys son provided 2 bottles of wine born the same year dad was. Two 80 year old bottles at $10,000 each. Everyone got a sip or two. Good, but the $60 bottles were just as good, I heard. It’s called F You money, I’ve heard. 

What’s the tip on THAT? Haha

3 hours ago, Augie said:

NICE! Silver Oak is about $100/bottle retail. Not telling in a restaurant. I’ve told this before, but it was the wife’s favorite after a wine country visit and I used to get her a bottle on special occasions for lack of better ideas. We had a walk in wine closet so I thought we were good. The nightly news had a piece on how wine didn’t last like it used to. I went to the wine closet and opened a bottle....and it had gone bad! We declared open season on the Silver Oak Cab and every other bottle was glorious!  HAPPY ENDING! 

On a side note, an old buddy used to help out his older neighbor across the street. Just little things, but helpful to a guy about to turn 80. When the older guys 80th BDay came around my buddy got invited to his party at a very high end restaurant. There were 20 people, and the old guys son provided 2 bottles of wine born the same year dad was. Two 80 year old bottles at $10,000 each. Everyone got a sip or two. Good, but the $60 bottles were just as good, I heard. It’s called F You money, I’ve heard. 

What’s the tip on THAT? Haha

You really have to have ideal conditions to age wine for any length of time. You could have perfect temp perfect humidity and no light but if you don’t recork it you could have some very valuable **** wine. Oxygen is the enemy of wine. If you like drinking history stick with port. It’s fortified so it ages much better. 

On 12/28/2017 at 11:58 AM, BUFFALOKIE said:

I used to get a bonus equal to two weeks of regular pay. I was shocked my first year there. What a help that was at this time of year.

A big corporation bought the company about 15 years ago and put an end to bonuses. Boo!

That reminded me of a company I worked for years ago, a small retail computer store, less than 10 employees. One year for Christmas the owners knew the owners of a fancy Chinese restaurant in town, so we had our Christmas party there. Private room, making us stuff that wasn’t even on the menu, decent size bonus too, I think it was a weeks pay. During the following year they sold the store to another couple and our Christmas party become a potluck during normal business hours and a significantly smaller bonus check. Due to other changes that next spring, all of us except for 1 sales person quit in the same week. 

Well, how's this for a holiday bonus?..........got a phone call this morning that my manager had just been fired at 8am today and everyone working for him is now in limbo. The company is weighing the options of saving their dying budget by just letting us all go or replacing the manager with a different guy.........and i'm hearing they're just going to let us all go cause you know, they have to save their over-extended budgets and stuff.

Happy New Year!!!

20 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Well, how's this for a holiday bonus?..........got a phone call this morning that my manager had just been fired at 8am today and everyone working for him is now in limbo. The company is weighing the options of saving their dying budget by just letting us all go or replacing the manager with a different guy.........and i'm hearing they're just going to let us all go cause you know, they have to save their over-extended budgets and stuff.

Happy New Year!!!

Damn, dude.  I'm very sorry to hear this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Got one this year. This will be the last time though. They are going to roll your bonuses into your annual salary, which is nice. 

We did this for hourly employees last year.  It went over well.

6 hours ago, Sweats said:

Happy New Year!!!

very very sorry to hear this, hope it works out alright for you, keep us updated as things evolve

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

very very sorry to hear this, hope it works out alright for you, keep us updated as things evolve

There's been a HUGE meeting all day with the "uppers" (as in upper management) to determine our fates.

Apparently, i will be getting a phone call tonight to advise on the outcome and determine a path forward.

I've got a feeling we're all going to be job hunting tomorrow morning.

Son of a......

On 12/27/2017 at 7:16 PM, Augie said:

My wife is .00869% in fee income generated away from hitting a new threshold in her bonus. It’s a HUGE difference in the final payout, and only a few days left to hit it. It’s a deal or two away that are in the process but not sure how soon it can get approved and booked. It’s a CRAZY thin margin! 

So did she hit it? 

Just curious... lol. 

29 minutes ago, Sweats said:

There's been a HUGE meeting all day with the "uppers" (as in upper management) to determine our fates.

Apparently, i will be getting a phone call tonight to advise on the outcome and determine a path forward.

I've got a feeling we're all going to be job hunting tomorrow morning.

Son of a......

Dang!  My (then new) bride and I both lost our jobs on the same day on an April Friday back in 2008.  Both RIF’ed due to state budget cuts.  My wife was 3 months pregnant with my son, and we were in the process of looking to buy a home.  Completely hit us by surprise.  But we were young, relatively unattached to where we were living, and able to easily relocate.

What is your situation?  Do you anticipate being able to find something near you that you’re qualified for?  Will you have to relocate?  This sucks man.  Sorry.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

So did she hit it? 

Just curious... lol. 

It appears she did, but nothing for sure until after it’s all audited. It’s complicated with claw backs and exceptions, etc.  It would have been sooooo painful to miss by such a minuscule amount. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Dang!  My (then new) bride and I both lost our jobs on the same day on an April Friday back in 2008.  Both RIF’ed due to state budget cuts.  My wife was 3 months pregnant with my son, and we were in the process of looking to buy a home.  Completely hit us by surprise.  But we were young, relatively unattached to where we were living, and able to easily relocate.

What is your situation?  Do you anticipate being able to find something near you that you’re qualified for?  Will you have to relocate?  This sucks man.  Sorry.

Well, i got my phone call this evening of the work status and right now it looks like 50/50 if we're still working or not.

Apparently, the new manager wants to go over the books, the budget, the schedule and workforce and see where everyone fits into the new managerial scheme..........i should know by tomorrow evening if i'm safe or not.

Other than that, i've got a few backup plans in the works for just such an emergency.

I'm not as nervous as i was first thing this morning.