Chiefs to Start Mahomes in Week 17

26CornerBlitz

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Let me guess: Watson?

No, Mahomes. I would have moved heaven and earth to trade up to get him last year. Then he fell to us and McDermott passed. I’ve hated him for it ever since. And now my nightmare scenario might be playing out — we don’t make the playoffs but win too many games to be able to draft a QB. 

If they drafted Watson I would have been happy, but it was Mahomes who I wanted. 

Edited by The_Dude

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

What do you think it’ll take to trade up? I’m thinking both firsts, and next years, and possibly one of this years 2’s. 

From 20+ to the 2nd overall.

I think what you quoted is minimum.

If I looked at it from the Giants/Colts position they could trade to Jets/Broncos for 2 firsts and a 3rd and still get a high impact player this year.

With the overall of a 7th or 8, they could even trade again for someone (Bills) coming up to take the 3rd rated QB.

Personally, I think it's going to be tough for us to get one of the top 3 but the draft is a long way away and lot's could change.

That's why a lot of posters including me like the idea of Smith in FA before the draft.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

From 20+ to the 2nd overall.

I think what you quoted is minimum.

If I looked at it from the Giants/Colts position they could trade to Jets/Broncos for 2 firsts and a 3rd and still get a high impact player this year.

With the overall of a 7th or 8, they could even trade again for someone (Bills) coming up to take the 3rd rated QB.

Personally, I think it's going to be tough for us to get one of the top 3 but the draft is a long way away and lot's could change.

That's why a lot of posters including me like the idea of Smith in FA before the draft.

Well that’s just common sense at this point. 

We we have to go in that direction and attempt to reasonably trade up if one slides; or we gotta go Cousins. I’d rather go with Smith, and look for one in the draft. 

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

We we have to go in that direction and attempt to reasonably trade up if one slides; or we gotta go Cousins. I’d rather go with Smith, and look for one in the draft. 

yep.

Cousins is an all-in kind of move for McDermott and Beane.  He's going to want at least 4 years.

This offseason is going to so fun to watch.

Even teams like the Bengals with a new coach could move on from Dalton (only 2 million in dead cap) and be in the QB mix.

8 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Trade for Smith. Then we got 2 1sts, 1 2nd, and 2 3rds to plug holes.  Add that to a 8 or 9 win team.

Championship

38 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

No, Mahomes. I would have moved heaven and earth to trade up to get him last year. Then he fell to us and McDermott passed. I’ve hated him for it ever since. And now my nightmare scenario might be playing out — we don’t make the playoffs but win too many games to be able to draft a QB. 

If they drafted Watson I would have been happy, but it was Mahomes who I wanted.

Why hate them for passing on Mahomes when no one has any idea whether he'll be any good or not?

I hope Mahomes looks great and the Chiefs let Smith go elsewhere. The more qbs on the market next year the better chance the Bills can land a good one. Bring in a good veteran and draft a qb to groom would be my plan. The fact the Bills passed on Mahomes is meaningless at this point, however good or bad he turns out. 

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I hope Mahomes looks great and the Chiefs let Smith go elsewhere. The more qbs on the market next year the better chance the Bills can land a good one. Bring in a good veteran and draft a qb to groom would be my plan. The fact the Bills passed on Mahomes is meaningless at this point, however good or bad he turns out. 

I think Smith will be elsewhere next year regardless of how Mahomes looks this weekend.  You can't wait more than a year on high-1st round QB draft picks. 

30 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why hate them for passing on Mahomes when no one has any idea whether he'll be any good or not?

Because that’s how high I was on Mahomes coming out. Dude, I was willing to trade two 1sts, and our 2nd to move up for him if necessary. I think the kids Brett Favre. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think Smith will be elsewhere next year regardless of how Mahomes looks this weekend.  You can't wait more than a year on high-1st round QB draft picks. 

I think if Mahomes looks bad and Smith wins a playoff game for them they will be tempted to pick up his 2018 option. 

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

The more I think about it, KC moved on from Smith the second they pulled the trigger in this deal. IMO no way he is back in KC this year.

You're probably right assuming Mahomes has shown in practice he's ready to be the starter.  They'll save approximately 11 million next year if they trade or release A. Smith.

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Because that’s how high I was on Mahomes coming out. Dude, I was willing to trade two 1sts, and our 2nd to move up for him if necessary. I think the kids Brett Favre. 

I would've been ecstatic for Mahomes. As as Texas Tech alumni still living in Texas, to have our QB be the Bills starter would've been so cool to see! All of Lubbock would've become Bills fans, and I'd no longer stick out like a sore thumb lol

But more than that, he's got soooooo much talent. If he can adjust that talent to the NFL, he'll be fantastic.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:10 PM, The_Dude said:

You were just as high if not higher on Bortles though.