Mentally Defeated

jtothebrown

1 hour ago, jtothebrown said:

Its pretty obvious that no matter who we have here as a team, they are automatically mentally prepared to lose to the Patriots! I have listened to numerous  Bills players over the years state that they expect it to happen when they play them. They anticipate failure, which will bring failure. 

Boycott the Superbowl if the Pats are in it. Not just Bills fans either, everyone who is not a fan of the teams that are in it should turn off the t.v during the game! ESPN too!

It did seem like the team lost some steam when the KB touchdown was incorrectly overturned.  Sort of like Thurman's SB fumble, there may have been a Here-We-Go-Again reaction.

Anticipating failure does indeed tend to bring failure.  But I've never heard a Bills player say he expects to lose against the Pats or anyone else. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

It did seem like the team lost some steam when the KB touchdown was incorrectly overturned.  Sort of like Thurman's SB fumble, there may have been a Here-We-Go-Again reaction.

Anticipating failure does indeed tend to bring failure.  But I've never heard a Bills player say he expects to lose against the Pats or anyone else. 

Agreed.  I've heard numerous Bills players over the years say that they expect the BS calls that all seem to go the Patriots'*** way, not that they expected to lose.  Jerry Hughes said it after Sunday's game.

2 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

Its pretty obvious that no matter who we have here as a team, they are automatically mentally prepared to lose to the Patriots! I have listened to numerous  Bills players over the years state that they expect it to happen when they play them. They anticipate failure, which will bring failure. 

Boycott the Superbowl if the Pats are in it. Not just Bills fans either, everyone who is not a fan of the teams that are in it should turn off the t.v during the game! ESPN too!

I never watch the SB when the Patriots are in it, I've been doing this for the past 8 years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Young grasshopper, 

The league doesn't give a BLEEP about 17 Bills fans not watching the Superbowl. They wouldn't care if it were 10,000. Buffalonians will watch the SB and the Stanley Cup finals regardless of who's in it.....look at the ratings.

I'd prefer to watch greatness, despite the fact it may have been procured illegally in some fashion(s). Don't worry, I want TB to go away as much as anyone else here. 

17 Bills fans??? Dude, no one travels like Bills fans! I work in many cities around the US and i can tell you that on Sundays no matter what city i travel to, there are tons of Bills fans wearing Bills gear, flying Bills flags.

We are deeper than you give us credit for Bro!

Bills Mafia!

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's just funny how we post about the players being mentally defeated when we make posts about wishing we don't make the playoffs. Do you not see the irony?

No.

The fans have been here for 17 years,  at least. The players are here for 3-4 on average? Generously.

The players don't get the excuse that the fans suck. We show up to games and cheer. Nothing else matters.

I'm definitely not trying to call you a liar, however, I must admit I'm kinda surprised to hear you say you've heard NUMEROUS Bills players state that they expect to lose every time they play the Patriots.  If that is in fact the case those players need not put on a Buffalo Bills uniform.  While it's true we haven't had very much success against the Patriots the past gazillion years, no player should ever feel like they are going to lose a game, against the Patriots, or anybody else for that matter.  

For the super bowl this year, brady and co will be behind 50 points, comeback to win

tom will appear to have been concussed on a play that no one was near him,

he comes back into the game all pumped with eye of the tiger blaring

Its already been scripted.

Wrestlemania L11

Edited by Albwan

22 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

No.

The fans have been here for 17 years,  at least. The players are here for 3-4 on average? Generously.

The players don't get the excuse that the fans suck. We show up to games and cheer. Nothing else matters.

You are mixing up two points. Since when do players blame fans?  However I can read posts that express resignation, defeat and self-loathing. If "fans" want to hate themselves, their team and bow to other teams, that's their choice. Just don't start pinning that  loser mentality on the players without evidence.

8 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I'm definitely not trying to call you a liar, however, I must admit I'm kinda surprised to hear you say you've heard NUMEROUS Bills players state that they expect to lose every time they play the Patriots.  If that is in fact the case those players need not put on a Buffalo Bills uniform.  While it's true we haven't had very much success against the Patriots the past gazillion years, no player should ever feel like they are going to lose a game, against the Patriots, or anybody else for that matter.  

I never said that ive heard Bills players say they expected to lose the games against the Pats. I said that they always say that they expected  calls to favor the Pats whenever its convenient, or that its not uncommon for these questionable calls to go their way.

That in my opinion is a form of defeat!

3 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

2 hours ago, musichunch said:

Boycotting games is the best thing you can do. That hits them where it hurts. The lower ratings are already happening. Do you part folks! Turn off all Pats games! Especially if they're in the playoffs or SB. 

And they say no 2 snowflakes are alike...

5 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

The way this team played the first half didn't appear that they were mentally defeated.  That 4th down give-it-to-them was the final straw that broke their back. as that triggered a 24 point burst.

4 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

I never said that ive heard Bills players say they expected to lose the games against the Pats. I said that they always say that they expected  calls to favor the Pats whenever its convenient, or that its not uncommon for these questionable calls to go their way.

That in my opinion is a form of defeat!

My apologies for mis-reading....i agree, it is a form of defeat if you havent even laced em up yet and you're already ready to expect the L.  And whats even more discouraging is the fact that we as a fan base really don't expect to have a chance to start beating the Pats until Brady retires....

Their dominance over us has definitely gotten into our heads to a level that i pray to never see again in my lifetime...

7 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

It sounds to me like YOU anticipate failure.  This is a problem with you, not on the Bills.  That game was closer than the score indicated.