Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

12 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Started watching the prime series with James May from Top Gear.  6 episodes of him touring Japan from north to south.  Doesn't sound very interesting, but James May has a very entertaining delivery and it's a very fun watch.  I think it's called "Our Man in Japan" or something like that

I mentioned this a little while back when it came out

Its entertaining and you can learn some stuff watching it too.

Amazon has asked the Grand Tour hosts to branch off and do their own shows too. This was Mays, I hope he does some other ones too

Clarkson has a show where he is filmed running a farm he recently purchased

Hammond had one about giant engineering things I believe, and is working on another one with former Mythbuster Tori where they are stranded on an island together for a while.

I believe they may have filmed a bunch of it recently.

On 3/26/2020 at 1:19 PM, Gugny said:

My son and I watched, "The Package," - a Netflix original movie - last night.

Effin' hilarious!!!!!

This movie is pretty dumb and cheesy, but damn there were some really funny parts.  I literally laughed out loud 4 or 5 different times.  Definitely second this recommendation, and you’ll know within the first 20 minutes if it’s your cup of tea or not.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This movie is pretty dumb and cheesy, but damn there were some really funny parts.  I literally laughed out loud 4 or 5 different times.  Definitely second this recommendation, and you’ll know within the first 20 minutes if it’s your cup of tea or not.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thanks for the Gug! Funny movie!

A masterpiece it is not; but Goddamn, it is good for more that a few laughs!

Glad you fellas enjoyed it.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm actually enjoying Westworld season 3 more than I did season 2. Turned itself into a totally different series, which is why I think I'm liking it. Only watched the first couple episodes, though.

Also finally started Ozark. Only 4 episodes in but really liking it. I understand the Breaking Bad comparisons, but I like the situation with Jason Bateman's character better as he stumbles into his life of crime because it's not voluntary like it was for Walter White, which makes it a bit more tragic and almost believable at the start.

43 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez should be watched by everyone simply to Honor his legacy.  I'm halfway through and I'm really sad that in the aughts and beyond this is still happening. 

I see your point but the trailer scared me away.  It looks tremendously sad.

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I see your point but the trailer scared me away.  It looks tremendously sad.

It's bad, but not that bad.  The subject matter is horrific and a number of pictures are gut wrenching, but as a society I think we owe it to that little boy to try and make sure nothing like that ever ever ever ever.....happens again

22 hours ago, The Poojer said:

It's bad, but not that bad.  The subject matter is horrific and a number of pictures are gut wrenching, but as a society I think we owe it to that little boy to try and make sure nothing like that ever ever ever ever.....happens again

That stuff happens all the time just for some reason this kid was picked.

On 4/15/2020 at 9:18 PM, The Poojer said:

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez should be watched by everyone simply to Honor his legacy.  I'm halfway through and I'm really sad that in the aughts and beyond this is still happening. 

Wifey and I watched that several weeks back. A definite must-see.

We are currently watching The Keepers on Netflix. It is about investigating the unsolved murder of a nun decades ago.

Netflix -> The Platform

Very well done twisted/gory/thriller type movie. The ending will leave you with a ton of questions though that you need to use own own imagination or wish for part 2 to come out.

Solid watch in these Quarantine days.

Warning = This movie 100% is not for the weakhearted. 

On 3/21/2020 at 8:00 PM, 4merper4mer said:

I watched a movie called The Platform.  Do not bother.

Disagree, "Obviously" :P

Edited by Real McNasty

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

Watched season one of Ricky Gervais' "After Life". I thought it was excellent.  Very well done.  Season 2 starts Friday so I picked a good time to binge S1.  

Also want to mention Silicon Valley and Veep.  Both excellent shows.  

Yeah, agree on Sillicon Valley, its pretty good, wanted to watch Veep

I finished watching Kidding w/ Jim Carrey, thought it was pretty good too with a few odd moments....

A season and a half into The Last Kingdom (season 4 to be released at the end of April) and it's excellent.  Definitely binge worthy to this point.

Season 6 of Bosch to follow.  Unfortunately, Season 7 will be the last...

Edited by ricojes
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/20/2020 at 12:43 PM, Real McNasty said:

Netflix -> The Platform

Very well done twisted/gory/thriller type movie. The ending will leave you with a ton of questions though that you need to use own own imagination or wish for part 2 to come out.

Solid watch in these Quarantine days.

Warning = This movie 100% is not for the weakhearted. 

Dude?!  What the hell did I just watch?  Holy hell....I’m not going to be able to eat for 3 days.  Jeebus!

...and the ending sucked IMO.  It was an okay movie, but definitely not for the faint of heart as you stated.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Dude?!  What the hell did I just watch?  Holy hell....I’m not going to be able to eat for 3 days.  Jeebus!

...and the ending sucked IMO.  It was an okay movie, but definitely not for the faint of heart as you stated.  

Right? it's just different and had me thinking about it for a couple days after. I think that alone made this movie unique to me as I've never seen anything like it. I agree the ending was not the greatest but still worth a watch as everything during and between was pretty wild to say the least. 

Snowpiercer on Netflix is another Action sci-fi fantasy oddball movie of Earth survivors during the 2nd ice age living on a train. This was another decent movie for these quarantine days and worth a watch if bored.

This one is not nearly and gory or twisted though but has its moments for sure.

Edited by Real McNasty