Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

On 2/8/2024 at 7:20 PM, muppy said:

the Tv series Lucifer

That's been on our radar for a while. I think we'll check it out.

On a similar note, the series Good Omens (Amazon Prime?) was a lot of fun.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/12/2024 at 12:24 AM, Special K said:

Has anyone tried "Bodies" on Netflix?

I'm through Episode 5 of 8, and I'm really enjoying it.

The story is centered around the fact that 4 London detectives find the same dead body on the same street in London. They are all investigating the same murder, but here is where the intrigue begins....one detective is in 1890, one is in 1941, one is in 2023, and the fourth is in 2050.

The further you go along in the show, the more connected the characters and storylines become.

Its a really fun watch so far!!

I’m on episode #6 at the moment. It’s funny, sometimes I even think I know what’s going on!   😂 

Side note: between the accents and the mix between voices and music it tricky to follow every word at times. It’s almost like I’m getting old or something…..

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I’m on episode #6 at the moment. It’s funny, sometimes I even think I know what’s going on!   😂 

Side note: between the accents and the mix between voices and music it tricky to follow every word at times. It’s almost like I’m getting old or something…..

When I watch a British show, I tend to put the closed captioning on just to make sure I catch everything.....the thicker British accents can be tricky at times!

1 hour ago, Special K said:

When I watch a British show, I tend to put the closed captioning on just to make sure I catch everything.....the thicker British accents can be tricky at times!

My system is trickier than I am smart, but I’ll put my wife or my 10 year old grandson on finding the closed caption option.  😋 

Something  (maybe Reacher on Prime?) has closed caption as the default. I tend to use it even when I don’t have to. I could really use it on Bodies. It’s odd, but I had zero problem understanding anyone in London.   🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

"American Factory" (Netflix) is a documentary about a GM plant that closed when the market collapsed in 2008. The building was later purchased by a Chinese company that re-opened it ... let's just say under a different business model. Depressing, but enlightening.

Bless me father, for I have sinned…

Started watching The Dynasty: New England Patriots on Apple TV+ today, and g-d help me but I like it. It doesn’t make me like them, but it’s a really well done and engaging look at the Patriots from the Bledsoe-Brady transition through to the end of the Brady/Belichick era. 

2 hours ago, DD4Bills said:

Bless me father, for I have sinned…

Started watching The Dynasty: New England Patriots on Apple TV+ today, and g-d help me but I like it. It doesn’t make me like them, but it’s a really well done and engaging look at the Patriots from the Bledsoe-Brady transition through to the end of the Brady/Belichick era. 

You are forgiven for three Hail Mary’s……

That go in the Bills favor in the playoffs next year. Not that I would survive the first one, but I’m just thinking of the rest of you. I’m that kinda guy. 😋

• Agree 1

Anybody watching "Loudermilk" on Netflix??

It's about an abrasive, however good-at-heart leader of an AA group.....if you can get past an excessive use of the F-word, the show is really funny.......check it out if you haven't seen it.

It says it originally aired between 2017-2020, but it must have been on some obscure channel, because I don't remember hearing of it before it was put on Netflix.

Edited by Special K

• 4 weeks later...

2/3 through "The Gentlemen"  Great show/series- gonna be bummed when we finish it.  It's Guy Ritchie, and it's a bit of a nostalgic indulgence for him, but still very fun and (mostly) original(ish) terrain.   Vinnie Jones is fantastic, again.

Signature over-the-top cool with top-notch acting, cinematography, directing, editing vision, sets, soundtrack, mixing, etc.  Great interplay between the shot angles and the editing- very well thought out.  

I can't think of a way to not recommend the show... other than not for kiddos and the more easily offended.  

10 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

2/3 through "The Gentlemen"  Great show/series- gonna be bummed when we finish it.  It's Guy Ritchie, and it's a bit of a nostalgic indulgence for him, but still very fun and (mostly) original(ish) terrain.   Vinnie Jones is fantastic, again.

Signature over-the-top cool with top-notch acting, cinematography, directing, editing vision, sets, soundtrack, mixing, etc.  Great interplay between the shot angles and the editing- very well thought out.  

I can't think of a way to not recommend the show... other than not for kiddos and the more easily offended.  

Have you seen the movie this series was spun from?

3 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

I don't believe so.  I recognize elements from his early work, and one character seems to have a similar line of business from Breaking Bad.  

It's worth a watch. Colin Farrell and Hugh Grant are excellent. In fact, I think it might have been Grant's finest acting moment since he told the cops the prostitute fell into his car as he was driving. The scenes with Farrell in the take away and the gangsters trying to get mobile phones off of street urchins are brilliant. 

It also has Michelle Dockery in who plays a very fine gangster's wife. 

I'll try and catch a couple of episodes of the series over the weekend. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The movie Ricky Stanicky on Prime is sort of cheesy, but I had more than a few genuine belly laughs.  Worth a watch if you’re looking for something light.

I thought it was hilarious! John Cena's best work and the stuff involving William H Macy was Gold!

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

It gave me a lot of laughs, well worth the watch

On 3/15/2024 at 7:46 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The movie Ricky Stanicky on Prime is sort of cheesy, but I had more than a few genuine belly laughs.  Worth a watch if you’re looking for something light.

• Like (+1) 1