Comprehensive "Tyrod Taylor is Bad" Thread (VERY Comprehensive)

BigDingus

7 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

5/10 for 57 yards and a concussion is a good outing?

I guess compared to 5 INTs in a half it is.

I'm pretty sure that three of those incompletions were perfect throws that were dropped and another incompletion was a spike to stop the clock (they really need to change that rule. A QB shouldn't get an incompletion for a spike).

Peterman was good that game in the limited amount of pass plays they called.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He’s still terrible.  

Class class class class class talk going overboard.    

Congrats to the Steelers and Ravens, your welcome. 

? steelers and ravens?

I said this elsewhere, I'll say it here. 

John Dorsey is a real NFL-grade talent evaluator:

Seattle: Director of Player Personnel, 99-2000

Green Bay: Director of College Scouting, 2000-2011, Director of Football Operations 2012  12 year stretch with 8 playoff appearances, conf, SB win.  Draftees include Aaron Rodgers

KC: GM, 2013-2017 Team record: 43-21, 4 trips to postseason

Dorsey may or may not succeed as the Browns GM - success as a GM requires a somewhat different skill set than scouting.  But the mere fact that Dorsey, an NFL personnel man with serious player evaluation chops on 3 different successful teams, thinks Tyrod is worth a 3rd, really ought to make you re-think how you fancy yourself as a judge of NFL talent.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But the mere fact that Dorsey, an NFL personnel man with serious player evaluation chops on 3 different successful teams, thinks Tyrod is worth a 3rd, really ought to make you re-think how you fancy yourself as a judge of NFL talent.

#fleeced 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

? steelers and ravens?

I said this elsewhere, I'll say it here. 

John Dorsey is a real NFL-grade talent evaluator:

Seattle: Director of Player Personnel, 99-2000

Green Bay: Director of College Scouting, 2000-2011, Director of Football Operations 2012  12 year stretch with 8 playoff appearances, conf, SB win.  Draftees include Aaron Rodgers

KC: GM, 2013-2017 Team record: 43-21, 4 trips to postseason

Dorsey may or may not succeed as the Browns GM - success as a GM requires a somewhat different skill set than scouting.  But the mere fact that Dorsey, an NFL personnel man with serious player evaluation chops on 3 different successful teams, thinks Tyrod is worth a 3rd, really ought to make you re-think how you fancy yourself as a judge of NFL talent.

Interesting thought I just had, hap, but since the Browns had so much extra draft capital this year, do you think Dorsey was okay giving up higher than maybe Tyrod was really worth to him, if say, he only had a standard number of picks this year?

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Interesting thought I just had, hap, but since the Browns had so much extra draft capital this year, do you think Dorsey was okay giving up higher than maybe Tyrod was really worth to him, if say, he only had a standard number of picks this year?

"Worth" is contextual.  The Browns QB threw too many picks last year -28 picks (!!!), 22 from Kizer.  It's hard to evaluate what your D is really good for in those circs thus what you need to do to develop it.  College QB in general have a tendency to play "hero ball" and try to take it all on their back to win, which causes problems in the NFL.  I think the move tells you the Browns are not in the Cousins sweepstakes and absolutely plan to draft a QB, probably one they see as a high ceiling guy who needs to sit for a year (Allen? Mayfield?)

We are all super-negative on Tyrod especially after last year, but if we look at facts, Tyrod probably has the best proven QB skill set and durability in the tier of qb they're contextually looking for, the "bridge" guy who can win half his games while you groom your talented but raw rookie.  Give him a good OL and good WR and he has a 3 yr track record of keeping the team in play to win half their games, which is someplace we're frustrated with, but the Browns need to arrive.

So Tyrod has a good match for the skills Dorsey is looking for in a vet/mentor QB for the rookie they draft, his 2018 salary is "in line" for what such QB have been getting, and possibly they feel they can get him to re-negotiate a bit for a 2 year deal.  I don't think Dorsey is giving up "more than Tyrod is really worth to him", that would be stupid, and I don't think Dorsey is stupid.  I think the Browns circumstances and plans make Tyrod worth more to them than he would be to another team.

It'll be interested to see how Tyrod works with Todd Haley.  I wouldn't have thought they were a good pairing, (sort of like marinara sauce and gewurztraminer) but we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Worth" is contextual.  The Browns QB threw too many picks last year -28 picks (!!!), 22 from Kizer.  It's hard to evaluate what your D is really good for in those circs thus what you need to do to develop it.  College QB in general have a tendency to play "hero ball" and try to take it all on their back to win, which causes problems in the NFL.  I think the move tells you the Browns are not in the Cousins sweepstakes and absolutely plan to draft a QB, probably one they see as a high ceiling guy who needs to sit for a year (Allen? Mayfield?)

We are all super-negative on Tyrod especially after last year, but if we look at facts, Tyrod probably has the best proven QB skill set and durability in the tier of qb they're contextually looking for, the "bridge" guy who can win half his games while you groom your talented but raw rookie.  Give him a good OL and good WR and he has a 3 yr track record of keeping the team in play to win half their games, which is someplace we're frustrated with, but the Browns need to arrive.

So Tyrod has a good match for the skills Dorsey is looking for in a vet/mentor QB for the rookie they draft, his 2018 salary is "in line" for what such QB have been getting, and possibly they feel they can get him to re-negotiate a bit for a 2 year deal.  I don't think Dorsey is giving up "more than Tyrod is really worth to him", that would be stupid, and I don't think Dorsey is stupid.  I think the Browns circumstances and plans make Tyrod worth more to them than he would be to another team.

It'll be interested to see how Tyrod works with Todd Haley.  I wouldn't have thought they were a good pairing, (sort of like marinara sauce and gewurztraminer) but we'll see.

Well put.

I likened it in another thread to a person buying a car.

Person A makes $50k/year.

Paying $40,000 for a vehicle is a big deal for them, as it is a significant chunk of their resources.

Person B makes $200k/year.

Praying $40,000 for a vehicle is a much smaller percentage of their incoming yearly salary.

In this case, the browns were person B, and decided it was worth the extra $$ to get what they wanted.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

a month or 2 after, yeah. He was praised here though because he clearly knew what a QB was and wasn't afraid to pay the price to get him

Are you sure you aren't getting that backwards?  I'm sure quite a few praised his choice because they believed in Mahomes, not because they believed in Dorsey.

Besides, that doesn't make him infallible.  Beane and McD got swindled by TT last year and they learned they lesson.  I still trust them, even after that mistake.

appears Haley cant get along with anybody so i kinda feel bad for Tyrod already.    It wont take long for the AFC North defenses to feast on Tyrods inability in the passing game.    I went over to the Browns forums to read their reactions,  half hate the trade,  half saying bridge QB,  a bunch thinking Tyrod is a major upgrade because he doesnt turn the ball over.

turnover ratio is nice,  but they'll eventually learn that he wont lose u the game,  but he wont be winning it for them either.

their plan is,   run run run,  Tyrod manage the game.   Sounds familiar.  for a team that hasnt smelled a win in a long time,  mbe the Browns fans will love those 6-8 wins and forget the negatives of their new QB.

Also,  "Tyrod would have been better if he wasnt on a team with no talent. "   unnamed Browns fan.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Kind of?  They decided not to renew his contract after 2017, so he said "then let me go now".

It's a safe bet that Mahomes was not the prime issue though, since KC has decided to "bet the farm" on him.

It also didn't save him.

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Well put.

I likened it in another thread to a person buying a car.

Person A makes $50k/year.

Paying $40,000 for a vehicle is a big deal for them, as it is a significant chunk of their resources.

Person B makes $200k/year.

Praying $40,000 for a vehicle is a much smaller percentage of their incoming yearly salary.

In this case, the browns were person B, and decided it was worth the extra $$ to get what they wanted.

Great analogy!  The car has a market value that may vary a bit from dealer to dealer. 

Person B is willing to pay the price for an SUV that they'll use for their teens to drive for a few years, 'cuz they have money all over the place.

Person A is only willing to pay that kind of money for an F250 they can use everyday as a work truck to make money and pay the rent.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Great analogy!  The car has a market value that may vary a bit from dealer to dealer. 

Person B is willing to pay the price for an SUV that they'll use for their teens to drive for a few years, 'cuz they have money all over the place.

Person A is only willing to pay that kind of money for an F250 they can use everyday as a work truck to make money and pay the rent.

Tyrod is a Fiat (sorry too excited)

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Kind of?  They decided not to renew his contract after 2017, so he said "then let me go now".

It's a safe bet that Mahomes was not the prime issue though, since KC has decided to "bet the farm" on him.

They had $12,000 worth of cap space this year; the team needed to be torn down and retooled/rebuilt...

They also topped out...

Edited by Reed83HOF

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

They had $12,000 worth of cap space this year; the team needed to be torn down and retooled/rebuilt...

They also topped out...

Right, so it's a good question, why didn't they trust Dorsey to do the retooling?  After all, they promoted from within, so it's not like they felt he didn't put a good player personnel/talent evaluation team in place.  All teams go through cycles of topping out the cap/retooling.

IMHO it had something to do with what Tony Dungy said just after KC lost the playoff.  He was pretty hot, uncharacteristically hot and while it didn't get quoted in that link, he said something to the effect of "if you want to go deep in the playoffs, Andy Reid isn't the coach to take you there."  There are a lot of theories though.

15 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Biggest take away I got from this thread being bumped is it totally reinforces why I think teddy is arguably the worst poster around. 

Who searches out a thread from 2 months ago after a player is now gone just to say he sucks? So lame. 

them damn millenials!