Jimmy Garoppolo is the Real Deal

26CornerBlitz

You always need to give these things a full season and an offseason to game plan for him.  Lots of guys can look good in small stretches.

but right now, he lools awesome with some pretty crappy talent around him.  Easily worth the risk of a 2nd round pick.  But we have the most pro ready rookie qb so we're all set.

On 12/24/2017 at 9:50 PM, MAJBobby said:

Glad Jimmy G is outside of the AFC and AFCE

Patriots !@#$ed that entire situation up thank god 

How in the world did the Pats mess up? They got a 2nd, which looked to almost be a 1st rounder, for a qb who played in 2 games when they have the greatest qb ever who might be the MVP this year?  They should have paid their backup qb $20 million? 

On 12/24/2017 at 8:08 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Insert real QB = presto! Offense! Wins! 

Lets try it Bills!

So !@#$ing glad he’s not in our division

It just backs/confirms everything the anti TT crowd has been saying. 

JG 4-0 in 4 starts when SF had only 1 win at the time. Glad he is not in the AFCE as well.

10 hours ago, Buffaloflash said:

I still haven't figure out that Bill B.move.

Ordered by Krafty Bob to placate his golden boy Tom Brady who didn't like the idea of his replacement being on the team. After all he's playing till at least 45.

7 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

It just backs/confirms everything the anti TT crowd has been saying. 

JG 4-0 in 4 starts when SF had only 1 win at the time. Glad he is not in the AFCE as well.

Cool your jets. Wait until the NFL gets its book on Jimmy G. That's the real test.

10 hours ago, Buffaloflash said:

I still haven't figure out that Bill B.move.

when business decisions trump football decisions.  Brady is a cash cow for Kraft and he is going to ride that wave as long as possible.  this will of course mean the end for Belichick with no plan B for the post Tommy era.  i would expect them to draft a QB this year in possibly the 1st or 2nd round and they do have ammo to trade up if a QB drops which would show just how desperate Billy B is

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Cool your jets. Wait until the NFL gets its book on Jimmy G. That's the real test.

Nothing to cool here. Glad he's out of the AFCE. You can't deny the 4-0 record as a starter and the 180* flip the team has performed. They dismantled the Jags D last Sunday.

Time will tell if the league will catch on or not. He has proven he can sling the rock with a 69% completion percentage.

Edited by Real McCoy

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ordered by Krafty Bob to placate his golden boy Tom Brady who didn't like the idea of his replacement being on the team. After all he's playing till at least 45.

With the help of the NFL, who I think wants this, it is possible...unfortunately.  

27 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Nothing to cool here. Glad he's out of the AFCE. You can't deny the 4-0 record as a starter and the 180* flip the team has performed. They dismantled the Jags D last Sunday.

Time will tell if the league will catch on or not. He has proven he can sling the rock with a 69% completion percentage.

He exhibits every trait that I would want a Bills' QB to have.  He can play the position at a high level. 

• Like (+1) 1

San Fran let none other than Joe Montana go to make room for Steve Young. Packers let Brett Favre go for AR to secure another ten or twelve years of franchise QB play. Find it hard to believe that BB, who lets great Patriots players, including a QB (Bledsoe)  go in exchange for picks when they are approaching the end, was onside this move. He probably wanted to trade Tom and that would have made more sense IMO. In fact there is a rumour that Brady was actually in the discussion with San Fran at one point. Good news is that this decision will come back to haunt NE. Except for Jimmy (and Tom) they haven't been that good at drafting QBs. They are about to find out how hard it is to land a franchise guy.

Edited by starrymessenger

Some mention of Carr, I'd put much more money behind Jimmy G. His throwing motion is 2nd to none, he is already doing all the things we have been missing in BLO. Audibles, protections, very involved with the playmakers on offense. 

I'm glad that Kraft or whoever kept Brady and sent Jimmy elsewhere. If only they were stupid enough to keep him in the AFC East.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Huge difference.

This is why I always get mad when people say, well if our QB had people to throw to he'd be much better. In fact it's the opposite. If we had a top tier QB, Zay Jones, Deonte Thompson etc would look way better than they really are. 

EJ Manuel got Watkins and he didn't improve one bit. The QB makes things go round in this league. There are plenty of examples of WRs who had great years with good QBs then signed huge deals and flopped with no QB

Probably worth pointing out, in Jimmy's first 4 starts 50% of them he has gone over 300 yards and was 7 yards shy in his first start.

Tyrod has not gone over 300 once this season, In 2016 TT did have one 300 yard game and in 2015 0. That's right in 3 years TT has one 300 yard game. I actually still didn't believe this so I'm hoping I'm wrong but below is pro-football reference stats along with espn's.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00/gamelog/2016/

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14163/year/2016

Edited by Charlottebillsfan2