Tolbert is the worst FA acquisition in years

mjt328

Collecting a check from the bills and laughing 

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Tolbert is great for the team because he's a leader.  the problem is we are a football team and he's not a good football player.

Leader in what regards eating too much

I will admit I liked the signing and even defended him the first few weeks of the season. I was wrong.

It seems he has lost weight (believe it or not). He doesn't have the power that he did a couple years ago. Today I watched him barrel into a defender and fall down. The defender didn't even rock back. He's a power back with no power at all.

What's A-Train up to these days? Even he would be an improvement.

7 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Tolbert and Webb would be shoveling snow if it were not for the Bills employing them.

yeah but Webb would be shoveling ALOT faster and moving the pile.

3 hours ago, nucci said:

what signs and what's the point if he sucks on the field? You can't be a good leader and do nothing useful during the game

He does turn 2nd and 2 into 3rd and 4. So we have that.

He should be a coach only.

Edited by cba fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

From Capaccio's Arrow Up/Arrow Down:

Use of Mike Tolbert

Having Tolbert run to the edge has been a frustrating thing to watch all season.  But that was once again the play call a couple times.  And to add to that, he was also sent out wide as a receiver in a couple empty sets.  He did have one catch for eleven yards, but also finished with three carries for negative-3 yards.  Tolbert should be used as a short-yardage back, running between the tackles, if he’s used at all.

1 hour ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Bills fans complain about everything. This guy is a pro-bowl alternate, and we can't even be grateful to have him on our team? /s

Have you watched Tolbert play this year?

Do you understand how the Pro Bowlers are picked?

Your comments are silly to me.

4 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I will admit I liked the signing and even defended him the first few weeks of the season. I was wrong.

It seems he has lost weight (believe it or not). He doesn't have the power that he did a couple years ago. Today I watched him barrel into a defender and fall down. The defender didn't even rock back. He's a power back with no power at all.

What's A-Train up to these days? Even he would be an improvement.

I saw him barrel into that guy and fall down too. It didn't look right at all. It was a wtf was that moment.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bmur66 said:

The lack of a legitimate no. 2 back has probably cost a game at least. I don't understand what anyone saw in Tolbert. May as well just spike the ball.

...with Cadet gone, if we going into Fins game with Shady along with Tolbert & DiMarco, we're screwed......Banyard is sittin' home on the couch....get him on the horn....

• Like (+1) 1

I like a lot of things McDermott has done but this is what you often get with a defensive minded HC. To him it is more important for the backup rbs to be special teams players. He is thinking about punting and playing field position. An offensive minded HC is saying get me a backup rb to compliment my starter to make my offense harder to defend and more versatile. Many teams value the 3rd stringer more and use them in situations. 

If Shady goes down for an extended period of game next week we are screwed. Whenever he comes out for rest, we are screwed. But this is what you get when you emphasize special teams over the offense. 

I believe the Bills would be better served go empty backfield when shady is not in game next week. We could also use Tate in backfield and design a few runs or plays for him. It’s ridiculous to think a team would be thinking of this in week 17 but they played with fire all year long with keeping Tolbert as backup rb. 

5 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I saw him barrel into that guy and fall down too. It didn't look right at all. It was a wtf was that moment.

yeah and then to rub salt in Bills fans wounds...those SOB's on network telecast showed a freaking slow mo replay.....WTF.

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...with Cadet gone, if we going into Fins game with Shady along with Tolbert & DiMarco, we're screwed......Banyard is sittin' home on the couch....get him on the horn....

b/u RB on Bills are like Red Shirts on Star Trek landing parties.

• Haha (+1) 1

The backup RB position has been bungled all season. It's not difficult to find a backup RB in the NFL, which makes the Bills handling of the position malpractice on the part of the GM and coaches.

Imagine if the Bills had drafted their franchise QB their season;  how would you feel watching him run open sets with Tolbert in the slot?  Would you believe that would be an example of setting up a young QB for success.

And if this was a "process" decision, I want nothing to do with the process.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Lay it on anyone you want.  SOMEBODY at OBD thought it was a great idea to let TDMike walk over $900K.  You'd think they would have learned from letting Hogan go for $800K the previous offseason.  

Whaley intended Jonathan Williams to take his place. Instead we get tub of goo Tolbert.