CNN losing credibility as each day passes... Its pure propaganda at this point

CNN reporter leaves out 7 important words from CIA Director Mike Pompeo quote

CNN’s Jim Sciutto posted a screenshot of a letter sent to Sen. Chuck Schumer by CIA Director Mike Pompeo, summarized by this text in his tweet. Pay special attention to the ellipses:

Just in: @CIA Director Pompeo responds on @SenSchumer on unannounced meetings with Russian intel chiefs: “We periodically meet with our Russian intelligence counterparts…to keep Americans safe”

And here’s the full letter. Now, read what he left out:

DU-ALG2UQAAsFic.jpgClick on to enlarge

“For the same reasons our predecessors did” .........................seems like a pretty important part of the letter, no ?

In other words, the Trump administration is doing the exact same thing as was done during the Obama administration and it’s Sen. Schumer and CNN who should be called out.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, they're not doing the EXACT same things as Obama. 

So far they haven't abused the surveillance system to spy on political opposition, they haven't colluded with Russian FSB agents to compile a political hit job in order to bury an opponent and save their own ass, they also haven't sold the country out to Hezbollah. 

:beer:

Trump leverages the anti-Trump press.

That's my theory, as I read — at Politico — "Trump escalates his war with U.S. law enforcement after memo release/The president hinted openly that he might yet fire senior officials over claims of bias against him."

What did Trump say that "hinted openly that he might yet fire senior officials"?

A reporter asked him if he's "likely to fire Rosenstein" and if he still had "confidence in" someone whose name I couldn't catch (maybe Rosenstein).

And Trump just said "You figure that one out."

So the press takes that no-comment comment and runs with it, basically reporting on The Future. What might Trump do? 

I was laughing about this last night as I tried to watch CNN. The Nunes memo had just come out, and the night before the memo came out, the talk had been about what might be in the memo, i.e., News of The Future. Once the memo was out, it was old news, because we'd already talked about what was in it, back when it was News of the Future. So the subject had to be who Trump will/will not fire in the coming Saturday Night Massacre.

Trump doesn't need to move a muscle. The media throw his weight around for him.

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Trump leverages the anti-Trump press.

That's my theory, as I read — at Politico — "Trump escalates his war with U.S. law enforcement after memo release/The president hinted openly that he might yet fire senior officials over claims of bias against him."

What did Trump say that "hinted openly that he might yet fire senior officials"?

A reporter asked him if he's "likely to fire Rosenstein" and if he still had "confidence in" someone whose name I couldn't catch (maybe Rosenstein).

And Trump just said "You figure that one out."

So the press takes that no-comment comment and runs with it, basically reporting on The Future. What might Trump do? 

I was laughing about this last night as I tried to watch CNN. The Nunes memo had just come out, and the night before the memo came out, the talk had been about what might be in the memo, i.e., News of The Future. Once the memo was out, it was old news, because we'd already talked about what was in it, back when it was News of the Future. So the subject had to be who Trump will/will not fire in the coming Saturday Night Massacre.

Trump doesn't need to move a muscle. The media throw his weight around for him.

:beer:

It's amazing they haven't caught on to the game yet. He has proven to be an Apex Predator of the media. He's evolved beyond their reach. 

2 hours ago, KW95 said:

Go Trump!

He is great, he is God!  

Dems are treasonous and Unamerican for not clapping during his boring speech!

I have to hand it to you. Your impression of Tiberius/gator here is so spot on that it is Rich Little worthy.

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I was referring to the quality of the impression, not the tone.

The tone IS the quality.  There's billions of Christopher Walken impressions on YouTube, I challenge you to find me even one that sounds like Ruth Buzzy.

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

The tone IS the quality.  There's billions of Christopher Walken impressions on YouTube, I challenge you to find me even one that sounds like Ruth Buzzy.

i'm stuck with Ruth's work on Laugh In, I'm not aware of perhaps here wider expansion into other notable roles....

‘Lies, lies, and MORE lies’: CNN gets BUSTED running interference for Hillary Clinton

Considering how many times they’ve been busted for peddling fake news, you’d think CNN would try a little harder to be a little more careful than this. But, well, here we are.

A piece yesterday on the Steele Dossier makes note of Cody Shearer, a Clinton associate who was reportedly in contact with Steele. Only here’s how CNN described him (emphasis ours):

DVh1CxVX0AEiFk-.jpg

They describe Cody Shearer, author of Dossier # 2, as an "independent journalist."

Couldn't be further from the truth. Shearer hasn't been a journo for DECADES. Most recently employed as a private intel operative for Hillary Clinton.

Oh well.

38 minutes ago, B-Man said:

A piece yesterday on the Steele Dossier makes note of Cody Shearer, a Clinton associate who was reportedly in contact with Steele. Only here’s how CNN described him (emphasis ours):

They describe Cody Shearer, author of Dossier # 2, as an "independent journalist."

It's 100% accurate, if you think of them as Democratic operatives with bylines...

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is CNN. Praising the head of the "propaganda and agitation department" of one of the world's most brutal regimes... 

They've lost themselves completely now.

DVtJBAXU8AAyT1f.jpg

1) Magda Goebbles would be a better choice than Frau Braun.  

2) You think this is real a CNN puff piece.  This is clearly a CIA op to sow seeds of distrust between Kim Jong-Un and his sister by lauding her in the Western press.  She'll be dead in six weeks.

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Somehow CNN feels this story is worthy of page 1 news.  Trump selling a property to a Russian in 2008 which is now being questioned by a Dem Senator.  Unbelievable.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/10/politics/russia-trump-real-estate-deal-wyden/index.html

On the surface this doesn't appear to cause a person to raise their eyebrow. Obama's purchase of his home in Chicago though was full of improprieties. He purchased it with the help of a slumlord who was a criminal. He gained control of a 60 foot wide lot next to his home by paying 100k while it had just been purchased for 600k. The media buried it.

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Somehow CNN feels this story is worthy of page 1 news.  Trump selling a property to a Russian in 2008 which is now being questioned by a Dem Senator.  Unbelievable.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/10/politics/russia-trump-real-estate-deal-wyden/index.html

The Senator should understand that there are professions outside of 'corrupt politician'.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

That was said in jest. During the Vietnam war the rumor was that Viet Cong women, acting as prostitutes would do that to American military personnel.

I know dude. I saw full.metal jacket too

My date tonight I'm drunk already. But I called her too thick for me a few weeks ago and she's been beigging me to come visit. So I did.  She ain't thick. But now she won't eat at our date dinner so I came money

5 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I know dude. I saw full.metal jacket too

My date tonight I'm drunk already. But I called her too thick for me a few weeks ago and she's been beigging me to come visit. So I did.  She ain't thick. But now she won't eat at our date dinner so I came money

You came money? I hope for her sake it was hard cash.

• Haha (+1) 1