Add James Harrison for pass rush presence (update: signed by Pats*)

Lenigmusx

So, this guy clears waivers on every other team in the league and just so happens to make it all the way down the list to the patriots?  You can't tell me no other team could use this guy, with the way injuries happen?  No other playoff team could use a guy with his experience?  I smell fish.

4 minutes ago, Jigsaw2112 said:

So, this guy clears waivers on every other team in the league and just so happens to make it all the way down the list to the patriots?  You can't tell me no other team could use this guy, with the way injuries happen?  No other playoff team could use a guy with his experience?  I smell fish.

Huh? He cleared waivers period to become a UFA as in no team claimed him. 

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I'm just saying some bs my friend. Having a Yeezus moment. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Have you seen Kraft in the owners box this year? Dude doesn't even know where he is these days...yet he's masterminding backroom deals for a 39 year old LB. Riiiiiiight.

You must not have scrolled a little further before you felt the urge to reply ;)

• Just Jack changed the title to Add James Harrison for pass rush presence (update: signed by Pats*)
12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is ridiculous!

720 lbs of pressure in his pelvic thrust!

Random Thoughts:  Pats definitely get some insight from picking up Harrison.  Also, this reeks of a great "storyline" for the AFC championship game and possibly Pats Superbowl win.

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

My guess is Harrison was too rich to sign off waivers. But once a player hits FA, the Patriots are #1 on the list, especially right now going into the playoffs.

And he is pretty much guaranteed at least an AFC Championship ring based on the fact the odds are either the Pats or Steelers will make the SB this year. 

17 hours ago, Jigsaw2112 said:

17 hours ago, Jigsaw2112 said:

Either way, everyone else apparently decided he wasn't worth it.  Or were instructed not to touch him.

Yes, YES!  and the Steelers were FORCED into keeping Harrison on the bnech but for 40 snaps--and then were FORCED to waive him!

4 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

720 lbs of pressure in his pelvic thrust!

Random Thoughts:  Pats definitely get some insight from picking up Harrison.  Also, this reeks of a great "storyline" for the AFC championship game and possibly Pats Superbowl win.

Some insight in how to beat the Steelers in the playoffs?  yeah...

20 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

He's probably hired to get inside info. He has had access to the playbook all year! 

I didn't even know the Steelers let him go. Why did they do that so late in the year? Unusual to say the least

That's what this move is all about, classic Hoodie 4D chess play.

Obviously there is a reason why Harrison has been riding the bench and not played much this year for the Steelers. But this move ensures that the Hoodie and Patricia can truly get inside Mike Tomlin's head now and understand how the Steelers defense prepares for Brady and the Pats and what concerns them.