Add James Harrison for pass rush presence (update: signed by Pats*)

Lenigmusx

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Did Peyton Manning "ruin his legacy" by joining a conference rival after his beloved team released him?

No, he still wanted to play and he didn't care about his legacy with the Colts.  

You were questioning if Harrison had a legacy as a Steelers..........I simply pointed out that he does.......I think it's pretty clear.....your response has nothing to do with your initial post....

1 minute ago, Iron Maiden said:

You were questioning if Harrison had a legacy as a Steelers..........I simply pointed out that he does.......I think it's pretty clear.....your response has nothing to do with your initial post....

Not really.  I don't think those stats equal a legacy.  10 years form now, had he retired this week, Steelers fans will not look back on the any "Harrison legacy" like they will many other legendary Steelers.

My other point was that players don't care about what you perceive as "legacies".  They want to play and get paid.

Therefore I stand by the plain language of my original and subsequent posts.

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not really.  I don't think those stats equal a legacy.  10 years form now, had he retired this week, Steelers fans will not look back on the any "Harrison legacy" like they will many other legendary Steelers.

My other point was that players don't care about what you perceive as "legacies".  They want to play and get paid.

Therefore I stand by the plain language of my original and subsequent posts.

You don't think that being the sack leader of a storied defensive franchise like the Pittsburgh Steelers who had a defense  once refereed to as the " Steel Curtain " is legacy worthy.....or having one of the most memorable pick in NFL history that help cementing their leading 6th Lombardi trophy is legacy worthy ?

Ask Steelers fans......James Harrison has a Steelers legacy...to deny it is silly.....

Edited by Iron Maiden

4 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

You don't think that being the sack leader of a storied defensive franchise like the Pittsburgh Steelers who had a defense were once refereed to as the " Steel Curtain " is legacy worthy.....or having one of the most memorable pick in NFL history that help cementing their leading 6th Lombardi trophy is legacy worthy ?

Ask Steelers fans......James Harrison has a Steelers legacy...to deny it is silly.....

I bet, in a year, if you ask the first hundred Steelers fans through the gate at their last home game who the franchise sack leader is, less than half will identify Harrison.

Look, even if you want to believe that there is a legacy to protect for any player, Pouncey is still wrong in saying that by going to NE, Harrison is doing anything to damage a legacy.  That's not how it works in pro sports.  

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I bet, in a year, if you ask the first hundred Steelers fans through the gate at their last home game who the franchise sack leader is, less than half will identify Harrison.

Look, even if you want to believe that there is a legacy to protect for any player, Pouncey is still wrong in saying that by going to NE, Harrison is doing anything to damage a legacy.  That's not how it works in pro sports.  

You underestimate the love affair with Pittsburgh and the Steelers..they are very knowledgeable about their team....

But that is not the point....the point is....James Harrison has a legacy with the Pittsburgh Steelers...whether you like it or not....he played 14 seasons for them...again, to deny it is silly.....

You underestimate the love affair with Pittsburgh and the Steelers..they are very knowledgeable about their team....

But that is not the point....the point is....James Harrison has a legacy with the Pittsburgh Steelers...whether you like it or not....he played 14 seasons for them...again, to deny it is silly.....

He was reduced to being a cheerleader on the bench.  

You're still missing the point...you were questioning the fact that James Harrison has a legacy with Pitt......everyone who follows the NFL knows that he does...except you somehow....

That team has a history of legendary players.  History will not group him with those others.  Doesn't mean he wasn't a great player there.  

Al legacy isn't really judged today.  It's survives time and history.  You can't "ruin" it---certainly not by something like continuing to play with another team.  If a "legacy" can be so easily ruined, then it really doesn't exist.

I don't know how else to explain it.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

That team has a history of legendary players.  History will not group him with those others.  Doesn't mean he wasn't a great player there.  

Al legacy isn't really judged today.  It's survives time and history.  You can't "ruin" it---certainly not by something like continuing to play with another team.  If a "legacy" can be so easily ruined, then it really doesn't exist.

I don't know how else to explain it.

See...you're starting to get...that's a far cry from.... and I quote..." What Legacy ? "......Beside Troy P....who else stands out in the last 20 years in defense for Pitt.....

James Harrison has a legacy with the Pittsburgh Steelers.....Look up " Greatest Steelers" ...he'll be there.....top 30 probably....for that franchise, that means something....

2 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

See...you're starting to get...that's a far cry from.... and I quote..." What Legacy ? "......Beside Troy P....who else stands out in the last 20 years in defense for Pitt.....

James Harrison has a legacy with the Pittsburgh Steelers.....Look up " Greatest Steelers" ...he'll be there.....top 30 probably....for that franchise, that means something....

Joey Porter.  Farrier. 

James Harrison has a legacy with the Steelers.  He and Troy P. are two of the best modern great Steelers on defense, IMO.  I think there is a lot of sour grapes right now..."how could one of us go to the Patriots on the eve of the playoffs" type thoughts.

Harrison is 39, how much more time will a 3-4 LB that age have?  If he is still that good, Harrison would be starting for Pitt, or at least get more playing time.  He'll retire a Steeler soon enough and doubt he'll be that effective with NE.  Belichick is just being a prick.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Joey Porter.  Farrier. 

Besides Troy P, James Harrison has been the best defensive player for them in the last 15-20 years....better than Porter.....way better than Farrier.....just admit it...he has a legacy with them...

One of many article about it.....

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/12/27/maurkice-pouncey-steelers-james-harrison-patriots-signing-nfl-afc/stories/201712270150

These guys are pissed at him.....but they all agree he has a legacy .....