Belichick sabotaging Pats future?

Gate To Wire

1 minute ago, Success said:

I’ve gotta say - it’s pretty cool to think about the prospect of a mediocre Pats team in the near future.

It's gonna happen.  McDaniel and Patricia are both hot commodities and there's gonna be plenty of HC vacancies.  

I don't know what the future holds, but if there is a divorce between Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick, I'm sure it would make Bills fans everywhere very happy, me included.  I'm already comforted by the fact Brady is 40 years old.  I'm hoping his recent struggles are signs of him approaching a wall.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Very un Belly just like the Cassell trade or the Mallet trade,they never give a QB (other than TB) a second contract.

They will draft another QB this spring and wash rinse repeat.

I think you may have missed the point.  Cassell and Mallet stink they likely draft another stinker - JG might be good.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Watched more Pats games here lately and Brady is falling quickly this year imho. Soon we shall take over this division for years to come. Just glad Jimmy Garoppolo isnt in the AFC east 

That's a bit of an exaggeration...He leads the NFL in passing yards, will probably have his team in a 1st bye position and has a good shot at the MVP......

Jimmy G is completely unproven.   Lets see how he does when NFL defenses get some decent film on the guy, I'll tell you right now the odds are strongly in favor of him being no better than average if he's lucky.

P.s.  belichicks trades usually suck, look at seymour and more recently chandler jones.   

Bill is not sabatoging anything.  I think Kraft told Bill he couldnt move Brady.  If Bill wanted to trade Jimmy G he would have done so draft day and would have gotten a kings ransom.  From the reported offers Bill turned down a second rd mid season seems very weak.  Its pretty clear Jimmy G is the best qb they have had behind Brady.  Just so happens Brady is 40.  Its not the 04 Pats when Brady missed a year but was in his prime and improving.  The same team cassel took to 11 wins brady didnt lose but 1 game with.  

This season looks liks the beginning of the end of the Dynasty to me.  To me Bill always wanted to end the discussion, is it Tom's greatness or Billicheich's system/coaching.  He went all in for one last superbowl for Brady this year.  Trading their early picks for vetran players.  After the season Imo he either wanted Tom to step aside and retire hence the report im playing til im atleast 45.  More likley he was poised to sell him off for a kings randsom which after those comments was the reality.  Kraft who was a fan before he was an owner did a thing a fan would do picked his QB.  History of the NFL says you let a player go a season early not a season late.  That has been the Patriot way more realisticly the Bill way.  Looking at the Patriots today they are not deep or overly athletic. Brady would have hauled them picks maybe even a player or 2.  Now they are all in this year and Bill imo leaves a year too early or leaves a year too late.

4 hours ago, Gate To Wire said:

I couldnt find discussion of this but apologize if I missed something. Colin Cowherd had an intriguing take today on Pats trading Garappalo for a song and Brissett as well. 

Albert Breer told him this week Pats LOVED Jimmy G. Niners GM Lynch backed that up yesterday. So why dump him after Pats groomed him? Colin's theory is that when Kraft nixed Brady trade, choosing his 40 yr old QB over his coach, Belichick kind of lost it. Have to admit Jimmy G trade VERY unBelichick.

Add in Brady guru getting kicked out and it seems there is some discord in Foxborough. Not a bad week for it, eh? 

Because Tom Brady ain’t retiring in his 40s. That  bastard might retired in his 50s lol 

5 hours ago, Gate To Wire said:

I couldnt find discussion of this but apologize if I missed something. Colin Cowherd had an intriguing take today on Pats trading Garappalo for a song and Brissett as well. 

Albert Breer told him this week Pats LOVED Jimmy G. Niners GM Lynch backed that up yesterday. So why dump him after Pats groomed him? Colin's theory is that when Kraft nixed Brady trade, choosing his 40 yr old QB over his coach, Belichick kind of lost it. Have to admit Jimmy G trade VERY unBelichick.

Add in Brady guru getting kicked out and it seems there is some discord in Foxborough. Not a bad week for it, eh? 

Trading Brady would be all time ruthless, emperor Palpatine would be like "Damn son, that is harsh!"

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yes that is a rumor. But the fact is they tried to reach a two year bridge deal with him and it never happened so they traded him for a high 2nd instead of getting nothing when he walked in FA. It was very BB like.

So no truth to trading Brady?

That would be like trading Jim Kelly while he is still slaying it.

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

They were still in negotiations with Jimmy G at that time but they fell threw. I also don't think he wanted to send him to QB hell that is Cleveland.

Hell NO! Hoodie could care less about Garappolo and would take the first from Cleveland. Billy missed this one while in negotiations.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I found it odd as well that they traded Garappalo after reportedly turning down better offers in the offseason.  Maybe wanted to wait to make sure Brady's arm didn't decline like NORMAL quarterbacks at his age.  Maybe Belichick is cocky enough to think he can find a QB diamond in the rough in the draft this year.  Who knows.

TB12 baby!

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Jimmy G is completely unproven.   Lets see how he does when NFL defenses get some decent film on the guy, I'll tell you right now the odds are strongly in favor of him being no better than average if he's lucky.

P.s.  belichicks trades usually suck, look at seymour and more recently chandler jones.   

It works for them ;)

7 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

That's a bit of an exaggeration...He leads the NFL in passing yards, will probably have his team in a 1st bye position and has a good shot at the MVP......

I dont see the strength in his throws. Thought it was just me but have spoke to some reasonable Pats fans and they said the same. Then heard the same on the radio this week. Remember how fast Payton's arm fell off.

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

It's gonna happen.  McDaniel and Patricia are both hot commodities and there's gonna be plenty of HC vacancies.  

I was in Denver when McDaniels made his best impression of Belichick and failed miserably as the HC.

Patricia seems to be all business but the Pats defense has been pretty bad this year...Bills game as an exception, of course.

11 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Very un Belly just like the Cassell trade or the Mallet trade,they never give a QB (other than TB) a second contract.

They will draft another QB this spring and wash rinse repeat.

I agree,  IMO he will grab one this draft to sit till Brady is done that will more then likely end up better then the Grap he just traded away. Patty fans always been messed up in the head. This draft has plenty QB potential so IMO its perfect time for him to find the next guy up. I am sure he liked Grap, too bad for NE BB will not be trading Brady like he did with Bledsoe. Oh Patty fans you can not keep Brady and Grap for that kind of money. Brady will retire a Patty within 3 years. IMO

Edited by xRUSHx