If Taylor finishes season strong, do we build around him/Dennison?

JerseyBills

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I far from hate that notion. I many ways I prefer it. I still consider it very unlikely. 

I think as much as everyone believes all parties will want to just "rip off the Band-Aid," that there's a lot more to this than Taylor feeling sleighted and McDermott wanting to move on.

I think Taylor genuinely likes his teammates a lot and likes playing in Buffalo.  And I think McDermott's relationship with Taylor isn't nearly as fractured as many would think after the benching.

But we'll see.

8 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Looking at the play by play Zay had 2 passes thrown to him.   One was defensed well and yes he should have gotten it.  The other was overthrown. 

TT was sharp in the first have passing decisively.  Then reverted back to his norm int he 2nd half.   

Looks catchable.  Difficult catch, but catchable.

https://twitter.com/Cover_1_/status/942907781375582208

Tyrod has shown spurts of decent and sometimes even good play, but has never shown the kind of consistency that it takes to build a franchise around. He is what he is and he's not getting better he has plateaued and not at a very high level. Using him for anything more than a stop gap or backup would be ludicrous at this point. I like the guy I'm just not seeing it time to move on and try something else a rookie or high profile veteran like Kirk Cousins hint hint. 

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Instead of being so enraptured with TT’s college game talent look at the Jets gameplan.  It was pretty simple.   Shut down the run by stacking the box heavily, put a spy on TT and make him pass.  It was the latter that he failed to do.  It’s really a classic gameplan for TT as he has never shown the ability to beat anyone through the air.

Do you really believe that? :lol: 

Yeah and I was also the one who alerted the board to McDermott's plan to play Jauron Ball...........when most of you blockheads were just certain that the team was trying to lose for better draft positioning.:lol:   

But what do I know?:flirt:

The reality is that the talent drop on this team since McDermott arrived has been precipitous.........so never has it been more important to have a QB who doesn't over-expose that defense or their complete inability to push the ball downfield offensively. 

Taylor has done a good job of transitioning from a big armed QB who preferred to throw to WR outside the hashes to a game manager throwing passes to mostly RB's and TE's....... while still keeping the ball moving and scoring enough and allowing this rag-tag group to survive 8 times.

Talent-wise they are now much closer to the unit that set records for defensive futility in that three game stretch than they are an 8-9 win defense.........and yet here they are.......in great part due to Taylor doing his job.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah and I was also the one who alerted the board to McDermott's plan to play Jauron Ball...........when most of you blockheads were just certain that the team was trying to lose for better draft positioning.:lol:   

But what do I know?:flirt:

The reality is that the talent drop on this team since McDermott arrived has been precipitous.........so never has it been more important to have a QB who doesn't over-expose that defense or their complete inability to push the ball downfield offensively. 

Taylor has done a good job of transitioning from a big armed QB who preferred to throw to WR outside the hashes to a game manager throwing passes to mostly RB's and TE's....... while still keeping the ball moving and scoring enough and allowing this rag-tag group to survive 8 times.

Talent-wise they are now much closer to the unit that set records for defensive futility in that three game stretch than they are an 8-9 win defense.........and yet here they are.......in great part due to Taylor doing his job.

I remember a poster who argued that TT needed a wide-catch radius big body WR to truly thrive.  Has KB had 100 yards in a Bills uni yet?

Then again, this same poster argued that TT was a near first round prospect out of VT that fell due to racism.  So maybe he's lost in the sauce.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

And you don’t think that Taylor’s deficiencies were on full display in that game?  No one player wins or loses a game.  However, a low ceiling QB makes it appreciably harder on the other 21.

Against the Jets on TNF?

No way, Taylor looked really good.  Everyone else in a Bills uniform was terrible, especially our OL.

That Jets game is the perfect example of a really good game by a QB being masked by a blowout loss by no fault of his own.

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I think saying Carr has been terrible is an exaggeration. It was always going to be hard duplicating how good he was last year and he's certainly fallen off that pace, but IMO he's been solidly average considering his injuries and Cooper's mystery season. 

Thus the ironic spinning of excuses for other QBs that are inexcusable to use for Taylor.

22 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Looks catchable.  Difficult catch, but catchable.

One of two whole passes.  

I have said he should have caught that well defenses pass. 

The other was listed as uncatchable in the play by play recap.  

<sarcasm>I hope they keep shuffling OC and QB's forever, it's worked so well.</sarcasm>

To be honest I just want to see them win and I don't care how the hell that happens.

5 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I remember a poster who argued that TT needed a wide-catch radius big body WR to truly thrive.  Has KB had 100 yards in a Bills uni yet?

Then again, this same poster argued that TT was a near first round prospect out of VT that fell due to racism.  So maybe he's lost in the sauce.

A big target and deep threat would be great for TT but Benjamin is only one of those things............I doubt he could break 5.0 flat on that torn meniscus that Peterman gave him with that blind heave into heavy traffic.........just like Rico drew it up baby!

There is a reason why most of the scoring throws from distance you see in the NFL are outside the hashes now........that's what kind of league it's become.......the west coast offense that Benjamin is better suited for is out of style now that secondaries and LB corps are faster and now that the hits are all directed at knees.

Now put a legit deep threat opposite or alongside him as an X or Z to keep the safeties back and perhaps it will be a lot safer work on the inside for ol' KB.  

But not with this sh*t show WR corps and Peterman throwing him into collisions as directed by the OC.

As for that guy that said Taylor was a near first round pick well I disagree with that guy too.    The guy that said you were a ball washer was right tho!:lol:  

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

A big target and deep threat would be great for TT but Benjamin is only one of those things............I doubt he could break 5.0 flat on that torn meniscus that Peterman gave him with that blind heave into heavy traffic.........just like Rico drew it up baby!

There is a reason why most of the scoring throws from distance you see in the NFL are outside the hashes now........that's what kind of league it's become.......the west coast offense that Benjamin is better suited for is out of style now that secondaries and LB corps are faster and now that the hits are all directed at knees.

Now put a legit deep threat opposite or alongside him as an X or Z to keep the safeties back and perhaps it will be a lot safer work on the inside for ol' KB.  

But not with this sh*t show WR corps and Peterman throwing him into collisions as directed by the OC.

As for that guy that said Taylor was a near first round pick well I disagree with that guy too.    The guy that said you were a ball washer was right tho!:lol:  

so it was peterman that got him injured, got it.

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eysZks7Uhrg

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Put together a full game TT start there 

I think he could/would have on Sunday if we weren't up by 3 scores on Miami and the offensive play calling didn't, once again, go into a shell to try to protect a lead.

Taylor put up 177 yards (passing + rushing - sacks), 2 TDs and no turnovers in the 1st half alone.  And Dennison called over 20 passing plays in the 1st half.  Taylor was on track for 35+ passing attempts.

But then we went into the 2nd half up by 3 scores.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I respect you opinion Badol but I equally think you have allowed yourself to fall in the category of thinking "safe" quarterback play is "good" quarterback play. 

And I should reiterate I have no issue with Tyrod coming back. My heart says that is the right thing.... my head says it is unlikely. Billsy or otherwise. 

I think McDermott thinks "safe" quarterback play is "good" quarterback play based on what's unfolded with our game management when this team gets a lead.

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Good god!  If we're getting rid of Taylor, guaranteed we're drafting a QB in the 1st.  People will riot in the streets if McBeane try to sell Bills fans on Peterman as the QB of the future.

That would be such a Brownsy move!!!

There was another pass that Zay had a chance to catch, but didn't

I just wish Zay would start living up to his reputation coming out of college.

That one was an overthrow for me. Not a terrible throw by any means... but certainly not a receiver error. 

17 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Tyrod can do some things other QB's can't, but he can't do the things that most QB's can.

...Jesus, this is about THE most objective, clear, concise and valid assessment I have seen here at TBD anywhere.....no hate, vitriol or nonsense.....do/did I want the kid to succeed?...damn right, why not?.....it benefits the team......had hoped that over time he would grow into the position but unfortunately, I just don't see it happening in every aspect necessary for a well rounded QB........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Against the Jets on TNF?

No way, Taylor looked really good.  Everyone else in a Bills uniform was terrible, especially our OL.

That Jets game is the perfect example of a really good game by a QB being masked by a blowout loss by no fault of his own.

Yeah - “perfect”. Make the QB have to throw to win the game Have a read:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

To hear head coach Todd Bowles tell it after the game, the Jets gameplan to defeat the Buffalo Bills on Thursday night was really quite simple.

“Control 25 (LeSean McCoy) and make sure 5 (Tyrod Taylor) doesn’t beat us with his legs,” he said.

Mission accomplished.

Gang Green’s defense stepped up in a big way on the national stage, holding McCoy to just 25 yards and Taylor to just one garbage time rushing touchdown in a big 34-21 win.

“We did a good job staying with the run game,” Bowles said. “We kept it moving. Some of them were two and three yards. Some of them we got out of there. We were consistent. It wore them down and kept them on the field a little bit longer. Defensively, we got after it. We sent four and five guys at times. We did some things defensively that kept him (Tyrod Taylor) in the pocket. We were able to collapse the pocket and get some sacks.”

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Please don't make me post your meltdown about how nobody in the NFL will give poor TT a shot because they are big bad racists.

19 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so it was peterman that got him injured, got it.

Rico actually........but Peterman deserves a bit of credit for putting it right on point in heavy traffic when a simple read of the defense might have favored a less dangerous throw.

You want nice things.........you gotta' take care of them kids.:thumbsup:

Funny YOU should respond though...........you remember what you said to me when I mocked the big QB change by saying that Taylor could be back in at any moment?   You were kinda' dismissive of that thought. :lol: