If Taylor finishes season strong, do we build around him/Dennison?

JerseyBills

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yeah - “perfect”. Make the QB have to throw to win the game Have a read:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

To hear head coach Todd Bowles tell it after the game, the Jets gameplan to defeat the Buffalo Bills on Thursday night was really quite simple.

“Control 25 (LeSean McCoy) and make sure 5 (Tyrod Taylor) doesn’t beat us with his legs,” he said.

Mission accomplished.

Gang Green’s defense stepped up in a big way on the national stage, holding McCoy to just 25 yards and Taylor to just one garbage time rushing touchdown in a big 34-21 win.

“We did a good job staying with the run game,” Bowles said. “We kept it moving. Some of them were two and three yards. Some of them we got out of there. We were consistent. It wore them down and kept them on the field a little bit longer. Defensively, we got after it. We sent four and five guys at times. We did some things defensively that kept him (Tyrod Taylor) in the pocket. We were able to collapse the pocket and get some sacks.”

....not much else to say is there?............simplicity over complexity usually wins.....

10 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Please don't make me post your meltdown about how nobody in the NFL will give poor TT a shot because they are big bad racists.

Do it.

I never said he was a first round prospect.  Didn't happen.   Exaggeration on your part.  Be wrong, fine by me.:thumbsup::lol:

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

I remember a poster who argued that TT needed a wide-catch radius big body WR to truly thrive.  Has KB had 100 yards in a Bills uni yet?

Then again, this same poster argued that TT was a near first round prospect out of VT that fell due to racism.  So maybe he's lost in the sauce.

Has KB been healthy, yet?

35 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

He also beat Gilmore for a long TD like that in the preseason in Buffalo his rookie year.

Like I said.......I doubt he has much to offer downfield since his meniscus was torn-up in exchange for a modest gain in San Diego.

Throws that run star receiver into harms way + rookie QB that can't audible out = can't have nice things.:thumbsup:

I don't have any real interest in trying to build around Tyrod.

I am fine if he's back for next year since his deal runs through the end of next season anyway. It actually makes sense to bring him back for next year if they can't find a veteran upgrade . 

BUT... I'd want the Bills to draft a QB to groom if they were bringing TT back. 

51 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

One of two whole passes.  

I have said he should have caught that well defenses pass. 

The other was listed as uncatchable in the play by play recap.  

I don't know what you're trying to prove...

That Taylor doesn't spread the ball around?

He completed a pass to 8 different players in the game on Sunday.

As for what the play by play recap says... use your eyes... could Zay Jones have gotten to and caught that ball?

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Rico actually........but Peterman deserves a bit of credit for putting it right on point in heavy traffic when a simple read of the defense might have favored a less dangerous throw.

You want nice things.........you gotta' take care of them kids.:thumbsup:

Funny YOU should respond though...........you remember what you said to me when I mocked the big QB change by saying that Taylor could be back in at any moment?   You were kinda' dismissive of that thought. :lol:

I let by gones be by gones...

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

As for what the play by play recap says... use your eyes... could Zay Jones have gotten to and caught that ball?

That’s an overthrow. You’re blaming it on Jones?

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That one was an overthrow for me. Not a terrible throw by any means... but certainly not a receiver error. 

It's close.  And I'm not saying it was an easy catch.  But better tracking and/or laying out a little I think Jones could have caught that.

Of course that would have just involved getting the ball to touch his hands... the next problem would be those stone hands of his... which we all know how to fix...

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I don't have any real interest in trying to build around Tyrod.

I am fine if he's back for next year since his deal runs through the end of next season anyway. It actually makes sense to bring him back for next year if they can't find a veteran upgrade . 

BUT... I'd want the Bills to draft a QB to groom if they were bringing TT back. 

....15 mil or so is a pretty tall tariff....and Dennison has been about as consistent as diarrhea utilizing some of his skills.....I'd bet McD shows allegiance to Dennison first....and as far as McD's alleged 1st OC choice in McCoy, what exactly has he shown as of late in Denver or even going back to HC stint with Chargers?.....

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's obviously a overthrow.

• Like (+1) 1

I would really like to see Taylor come back next year - and I want a GENUINE competition in training camp and in pre-season between Taylor & Peterman for the starting job.  My strong feeling is that Peterman wins this battle hands-down.  If Taylor can somehow elevate his game and improve at going through his progressions and doing a better job of finding his receivers, he could have an interesting future.  That said, I still think Peterman is likely to win the job next season.  If that happens and Taylor is willing to stay in Buffalo in a backup role, that would be GREAT.  Having a guy like Taylor coming in off the bench would really mess teams up - much more so than if they know he is the starter and can game plan around his unique skillset.  However, I don't know that Taylor would be willing to take a back seat.  He believes he deserves to be a starter in the NFL.  As another poster mentioned, if Taylor wins out and plays well in doing so, he has to be given a legitimate shot next season.  I still like Peterman - really believe he will tear up the NFL once he settles down a bit and stops trying to do too much (that was a costly head-first dive for a yard or two - he has to smarten up there).

Edited by ChasBB

Transplant.  

I’m not trying to prove anything unlike the Taylor faithful.  

The play by play is written by whom? 

Me or a professional? 

If  you want to question the play by play recap complain to them.  

Q:    Why does TT go into a shell in tbe second half?   He plays great then all of a sudden he forgets how to play.   

Never mind. It’s all on Denison.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Transplant.  

I’m not trying to prove anything unlike the Taylor faithful.  

The play by play is written by whom? 

Me or a professional? 

If  you want to question the play by play recap complain to them.  

Q:    Why does TT go into a shell in tbe second half?   He plays great then all of a sudden he forgets how to play.   

didn't you know, that's McD's fault for being so conservative and controlling how dennison calls the plays.

leading to a 3 point 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That’s an overthrow. You’re blaming it on Jones?

No, I'm not entirely.  It is an overthrow, but it's also a ball Jones probably could have gotten to and caught with a little more effort.

But you're missing the context of the discussion.  I'm responding to Shady, who already seems to forget why the whole conversation started since he's responding to your comment here already forgetting about why we started talking about the pass in the first place.

He's using that throw in the context of his "uncatchable passes" argument.  And he directly reference a pass that I think was catchable, despite being an overthrow.

But it's Shady, so it's not unexpected.

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Maybe im wrong but i think it kinda looked like Anthony Lynn's playbook in the first half and dennision dumped it and used his in the second half......our blocking on the oline was good in the first and shady ran like crazy....moreso outside blocking than the dennison crap.....

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Instead of being so enraptured with TT’s college game talent look at the Jets gameplan.  It was pretty simple.   Shut down the run by stacking the box heavily, put a spy on TT and make him pass.  It was the latter that he failed to do.  It’s really a classic gameplan for TT as he has never shown the ability to beat anyone through the air.

Do you really believe that? :lol: 

I believe what he said.

With the right scheme I feel Taylor can flourish, his ability to turn something into nothing is largely overlooked.

Those 10 yard 3rd down runs for a 1st, versus a regular QB taking a sack is a huge margin.

His record this year is super impressive. Most on here and the national media had us as a 5-7 win team, he's 21-19 as a starter, under that BRUTAL Rex Ryan defense. what is Winston, Mariota and Carr's win loss record? While people on here obsess over 300 yards games, I'm looking at that W-L record, it's all that matters. He's been a winner with below average-average talent, surround him with better quality and he'll win more..