If Taylor finishes season strong, do we build around him/Dennison?

JerseyBills

14 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Cant bring TT and Dennison back. They are just not meant for each other. I think TT will be gone and Dennison will stay.

Personally I hope they bring TT back, draft a QB in the first round, and fire Rico. I know that's extremely unlikely though

Dennison's so adamant about a system that brought him what, like one good year out of Matt Schaub 10 years ago? :wacko:

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Moves made out of desperation rarely work out.

I think EJ was a desperation move , according to so many experts if you need a QB this is the draft to get one ,  

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

I think EJ was a desperation move , according to so many experts if you need a QB this is the draft to get one ,  

Right, but do you trade all your assets for a guy who may or may not work out? And if he is a good QB, how much will you set him back by ignoring the rest of your team?

The ideal situation is a second tier QB who has potential will fall near us so we can either draft him outright, or trade a second to get to him. That leaves enough picks to improve our other lacking areas.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As I said......like it or not, Taylor's numbers with Watkins and Woods healthy in Buffalo spoke for themselves.

If they spoke they would say hey look at me we lost all the big games and ultimately accomplished nothing.  

Keeping the jets out of the playoffs was the climax.          Thanks Leodis.  

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There's a difference between moving up a few spots and moving up 10-20 spots. We and the Chiefs are looking at picking in the 20's right now. Are you ready to pull a Ditka draft move to get your guy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Williams_trade

Where did the Texans move to?

Where did the Eagles move to?

Edited by jmc12290

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Right, but do you trade all your assets for a guy who may or may not work out? And if he is a good QB, how much will you set him back by ignoring the rest of your team?

Well there also free agancy , 

40 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think saying Carr has been terrible is an exaggeration. It was always going to be hard duplicating how good he was last year and he's certainly fallen off that pace, but IMO he's been solidly average considering his injuries and Cooper's mystery season. 

It's a lot more than just not being able to duplicate a good season.    He's a different player now that he is afraid of being hit.   

It seems to me that a lot of fans are in denial about the passing game taking a step back in the NFL..........a lot of talent that used to play on offense has shifted to secondaries and linebacking corps and it's not like shooting fish in a barrel for good pocket passers like it was a few years ago.  

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Where did the Texans move to?

" No. 12: Cleveland → Houston (D).Cleveland traded a first-round selection (12th) to Houston in exchange for Houston's first-round selections (25th) as well as their first-round selection in 2018"

So moving up two spots cost the Texans two 1st rd picks. How much will moving up 10, 15 or 20 spots cost the Bills?

Just now, Putin said:

Well there also free agancy , 

You tweak a team through free agency. You don't build one.

" No. 12: Cleveland → Houston (D).Cleveland traded a first-round selection (12th) to Houston in exchange for Houston's first-round selections (25th) as well as their first-round selection in 2018"

So moving up two spots cost the Texans two 1st rd picks. How much will moving up 10, 15 or 20 spots cost the Bills?

They moved up 13 spots buddy. 

All that hubub about "10-20 spots." And it cost 2 first. Oh no!

So what are you suggesting we do ? 

Should we maybe go after K Cousins and use our assets to build around him ? 

Let’s say  if we had K Cousins as our QB this season do you guys believe we could have won one or two more games ? And finish the season 10-6 or even 11-5 ? 

7 minutes ago, Putin said:

So what are you suggesting we do ? 

Should we maybe go after K Cousins and use our assets to build around him ? 

Let’s say  if we had K Cousins as our QB this season do you guys believe we could have won one or two more games ? And finish the season 10-6 or even 11-5 ? 

I already posted what to do. Let a QB fall to us.

9 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

They moved up 13 spots buddy. 

All that hubub about "10-20 spots." And it cost 2 first. Oh no!

You are correct. I read that wrong. So two #1's to go from 25 to 13. But what if you have to get to #10 or #7 or #5? What'll that cost ya?

32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So put it all on red and spin the wheel? That's simply NOT how you build a winning team. We supposedly put together an all-star scouting team under Brandon Beane. If they say we have to do that, we will. But it's more likely they will find a development project late in the 1st or in the 2nd round, while still drafting a team that QB will need to succeed. So don't be mad if Tyrod stays one more year while the QB of the future develops.

As other posters stated if you have a conviction on a prospect then it is worth the gamble to use some of your draft assets to get that caliber of qb. Ask the Rams or Eagles if they are happy with the expensive trade up? As another poster stated ask Houston if they are happy with the expensive trade up? There is a good chance that KC is going to let their current qb, Smith, go. They moved up last year to get their replacement on board so that they would have a good option when they decided to move on from their current qb. 

If you are using draft capital in a year you are not mortgaging the future. Quite the contrary, you are investing in the future by getting your franchise qb sooner rather than later. And to mitigate the cost of the trade up you can make use of the midlevel free agent market to address your other needs. 

The Bills have not had a franchise qb for almost a quarter century. How has that worked out? During that ignominious period of time what has undergirded that disgusting failure is the fact that the franchise didn't have a credible qb. So what is your recommendation to doing something to change that dynamic? Keep waiting. When you refuse to act out of the fear of failing you end up failing because you refused to act.  My friend, you and I are riding different horses. The nag you are sitting on is not going to get you anywhere meaningful. 

34 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Moves made out of desperation rarely work out.

Tell that to the Rams, Eagles and Houston. 

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I already posted what to do. Let a QB fall to us.

You are correct. I read that wrong. So two #1's to go from 25 to 13. But what if you have to get to #10 or #7 or #5? What'll that cost ya?

That's why we have an extra first homie. Literally the whole point.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He has clear limitations but he also makes a ton of plays that perhaps only he and Russell Wilson can make and disgruntled Bills fans have conditioned themselves to give him ZERO CREDIT for any longer.   I think you've allowed yourself to fall into that category by worrying about the YAC opps he misses. 

As for "intention of coming back" etc.. I don't care what he thinks he's under contract.     Caring about where the under-contract player wants to be is Billsy.    Bills fans of all people shouldn't allow themselves to be Billsy.   That's why they ate Fitzpatricks contract and traded Lynch and Peters etc..  But things change fast....unmanageable situations become happy ones in a manner of months in the NFL.   I'd put Taylor returning at 10% in my mind but in reality it's probably a lot higher than that.   Everyone has a plan for free agency until.....

I respect you opinion Badol but I equally think you have allowed yourself to fall in the category of thinking "safe" quarterback play is "good" quarterback play. 

And I should reiterate I have no issue with Tyrod coming back. My heart says that is the right thing.... my head says it is unlikely. Billsy or otherwise.