Destroyed today?

tuckan

6 hours ago, gr8billsfan said:

Haha! Was that there prior to the redesign?

Ahh, sorry yes. I was given a warning and restricted from posting for a few days.

Yes, it has always been there my friend. Not sure if it was for the mobile devices, but it was there. :thumbsup:

All these comments about how the Bills were lucky because we got "bad" Cutler vs "good" Cutler are amateurish at best.

Conditions on the ground, such as coverage, scheme, pressure, different looks and etc from the defense cause QB's to play poorly.   Jay Cutler has been a very good QB when the Dolphins have run play action and a below average QB when he hasn't been throwing from that design.  Early on they ran the ball well on the Bills Defense and he was getting some passes off.  The defense held tough once they got in scoring position and we were able to come away with only giving up 6 points.   The biggest reason why Cutler played poorly was because of the way the offense got going and how our defense began to shutdown their run game after those first few drives.  The combination of the two took away Cutler's play action, which forced him to make many third and long passes which went away from what was his strength this year.   

This wasn't merely a "bad" Cutler sort of deal, this was a Bills Defense combined with a fantastic offensive start forcing Cutler into positions that made him "bad".

I thought the Bills would get beat today.. I just did not see one unit where I thought the Bills had an advantage. Having said that, I also said I hoped to hell I was wrong! And i was!!!

Having said that, I am pretty sure the original poster to did not put his 401K on the BillsI which you would do if you are so sure of the result!

I am with Virgil, think these threads are silly.

I’m here. Tyrod gave us one of his ‘once every 4 games good Half’, but, as usual,  ‘3 & 1/2 bad games in a row’ Tyrod showed up in the 2nd Half and nearly gave it all away. This team still isn’t good enough to compete with the better teams and quality Draft picks are slipping further down. 

I still don’t realistically see us in the Playoffs. If I’m right, we lose a bundle of very good players in the Draft, after giving up so much to stockpile picks for ‘the Process’. 

We are witnessing Fools Gold. 

I’ll  be here next week too.

23 hours ago, Sweats said:

I'm right here........and if Cutler didn't decide to be a turnover machine today, we would have lost.

McD was doing everything in his power to give this one to the Fins.

We have a better QB and that often is the difference between winning and losing.

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m here. Tyrod gave us one of his ‘once every 4 games good Half’, but, as usual,  ‘3 & 1/2 bad games in a row’ Tyrod showed up in the 2nd Half and nearly gave it all away. This team still isn’t good enough to compete with the better teams and quality Draft picks are slipping further down. 

I still don’t realistically see us in the Playoffs. If I’m right, we lose a bundle of very good players in the Draft, after giving up so much to stockpile picks for ‘the Process’. 

How did Taylor nearly give it away in the 2nd half. We weren't close to losing that game.

Just now, klos63 said:

We have a better QB and that often is the difference between winning and losing.

I re-watched the game and saw that once we shut down Drake in the running game, we added heavy pressure up front, forcing Cutler to throw more than he wants to and make some really bad decisions.

2 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I re-watched the game and saw that once we shut down Drake in the running game, we added heavy pressure up front, forcing Cutler to throw more than he wants to and make some really bad decisions.

yep, i think we hit him as he threw the last INT. But we still have a better QB.

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

the main objective of the season is to win games and get in the playoffs and continue to win. The object isn't to give up late and worry about draft position. Isn't 17 years long enough to "wait til next season"

What we are witnessing is a team trying to make the playoffs. I can't remember being excited for a game 15 in a long time.  I don't even think about next years draft until the season is over.

Edited by klos63
adding to my comment
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Sweats said:

I'm right here........and if Cutler didn't decide to be a turnover machine today, we would have lost.

bcb5249abf43691e358546299d10dc7e4af70e71

Edited by PromoTheRobot

11 minutes ago, klos63 said:

the main objective of the season is to win games and get in the playoffs and continue to win. The object isn't to give up late and worry about draft position. Isn't 17 years long enough to "wait til next season"

What we are witnessing is a team trying to make the playoffs. I can't remember being excited for a game 15 in a long time.  I don't even think about next years draft until the season is over.

You would think so but many here are more concerned about draft position than actually making the playoffs

22 minutes ago, klos63 said:

How did Taylor nearly give it away in the 2nd half. We weren't close to losing that game.

You must be very young. So young, you’re not familiar with the MNF Dallas game, or a number of season openers vs the Pats. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, jr1 said:

the Cutler pendulum swung back to ****ty today

21 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

You're assuming Cutler doesn't pull Cutler.....

He may be checked out already

I think retirement will be the only thing on his mind from now on. I don't really know what caused him to get all fired up against the Pats, but it was definitely fun to watch. Now let's stick a fork in that whole comeback thing. 

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You must be very young. So young, you’re not familiar with the MNF Dallas game, or a number of season openers vs the Pats. 

I have been told I look younger than my age, so that might confuse you.

i have no idea how this answers my question of how Taylor nearly gave away the game yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

we don't have mckelvin anymore. don't take our special teams play for granted lol.

On 12/17/2017 at 5:58 PM, Sweats said:

Someone needs a new team to root for..

On 12/17/2017 at 7:23 PM, xsoldier54 said:

It was a great win when we absolutely had to win.  If you can't enjoy this one maybe it's time to find another team.

Enjoy the win? Yes, but the complete offensive flameout in the second half simply cannot be overlooked. Do that against the Pats or a number of other good teams and that ends up a horribly disappointing loss. Enjoy the win but don't  bury your head in the sand.