How the hell does any coach put Preston Brown on all hands team?

Kelly the Dog

23 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Mcdermott has shown he doesn't make very smart in game decisions 

nothing new here. 

I think this is a pretty silly comment. 

1). I doubt McD chooses the special team hands team. That responsibility falls to the special team coach..

2). I really doubt this is an "in game" decision by anyone.  This is a professional team. They practice these plays, and they know who will be playing. I'm pretty sure McD isn't prowling the sidelines saying "you, you, and you, get out there for the onsides kick"

Just now, pennstate10 said:

I think this is a pretty silly comment. 

1). I doubt McD chooses the special team hands team. That responsibility falls to the special team coach..

2). I really doubt this is an "in game" decision by anyone.  This is a professional team. They practice these plays, and they know who will be playing. I'm pretty sure McD isn't prowling the sidelines saying "you, you, and you, get out there for the onsides kick"

He could look at Crossman and say WTF is Brown doing in the spot every other team puts a hands guys in there?!!!!

And then he has him rush the ball, short of ten yards by a few yards, and muff it. 

Not to be that person....but how in god's name do any of you know how good brown's hands are?  Maybe, despite the play today, he has really good hands?  Of all the things to complain about, this screams "couch coach."

Do you know how good brown's hands are, or have seen this drill in practice? No.

Then how do you complain about him being on the hands team?  Ignorantly. 

36 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm not sure if this is a Crossman, I assume, or McDermott thing, but who the hell puts a guy like Preston Brown out on a 100% sure onside kick. That is coaching malpractice to a criminal degree. And then he charges and muffs it. That is literally insane. No one. No one. No one does that. He's not even a LB known for his hands. That could have blown the season and it's malpractice of the highest degree. 

Watch the other teams' onsides - there's always LBs on the front line.  The mistake was for Brown to charge, especially since the ball didn't travel 10 yds.

1 minute ago, GG said:

Watch the other teams' onsides - there's always LBs on the front line.  The mistake was for Brown to charge, especially since the ball didn't travel 10 yds.

That's somewhat what I mean though. Halfway from the kicker to the sidelines are the hands guys, who charge. It only makes sense. There is nothing in Preston Brown's career to be the guy halfway between the kicker and sidelines and charge. Zero. Nothing. Just incredibly stupid. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That's somewhat what I mean though. Halfway from the kicker to the sidelines are the hands guys, who charge. It only makes sense. There is nothing in Preston Brown's career to be the guy halfway between the kicker and sidelines and charge. Zero. Nothing. Just incredibly stupid. 

He's supposed to be the guy in the middle taking on the Dolphins charge, not being anywhere near the ball even if it's kicked towards him.  That screw up is all on him.  You have to have the big guys to take the punishment for the second wave to grab the ball.  If he doesn't touch the ball, Bills recover of Dolphins touch before it goes 10 yds 

16 minutes ago, GG said:

He's supposed to be the guy in the middle taking on the Dolphins charge, not being anywhere near the ball even if it's kicked towards him.  That screw up is all on him.  You have to have the big guys to take the punishment for the second wave to grab the ball.  If he doesn't touch the ball, Bills recover of Dolphins touch before it goes 10 yds 

I don't think so. That assumes he completely ignored coaching and wasn't supposed to charge, in the one position that is usually the charge guy. It's impossible for me to imagine he was supposed to block but charged the ball at 7 yards. 

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

Not all 11 guys are receivers on the hands team. His job is to let the ball go by him while he holds the kicking team at bay. 

I hate Crossman as much as anyone, but this one is all on stupid Preston Brown. You can't be a winning team with dumb players like that. Hopefully he's gone after this season.  

As I said in the Shoutbox earlier today, the reality is that MOST of these NFL players are as dumb as a box of rocks. Yes, most all are excellent athletes, but very, very few of them are going to be getting out of any "Escape" rooms....I would guess that the most likely to have a working brain would be the QBs.  LOL

I was looking out there and saw 52 and said "Why isn't our hands team out there?!?"  Then saw everyone else and said "Why is Preston Brown out there?!?" 

And of course they kicked it to him and the predictable thing happened.

15 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

Not to be that person....but how in god's name do any of you know how good brown's hands are?  Maybe, despite the play today, he has really good hands?  Of all the things to complain about, this screams "couch coach."

Do you know how good brown's hands are, or have seen this drill in practice? No.

Then how do you complain about him being on the hands team?  Ignorantly. 

We all saw how good Preston Brown's hands are.