More from obd

just wondering out loud here...

If there are high level Bills execs that peruse this board, how is it that Dunkirk Don has not been outed and the source of his inside info dried up? The sheer volume of supposed inside info makes me HIGHLY skeptical of DD.

Edited by Sig1Hunter

42 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I added this to my past post 

What is tampering?

In the NFL, it is illegal to contact or speak about acquiring another team's players. While it's clear who will make up the large majority of the free agency class, all of those players are still technically under contract until the new league year begins on Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET.

For years that meant no team could contact an impending free agent until their contract officially expired, and that led to a delay between the beginning of free agency and signings actually occurring. The courtship process and the negotiations that follow can take some time, so the NFL decided to allow teams to reach out to players in the days preceding free agency.

By this Drunken Don is full of ****

To the bolded, that sentence means you can't contact another player or speak publicly about wanting to acquire said player.  Teams set up trades all the time right before the league year begins and then execute them the 1st day of the league year.  LeSean McCoy was traded to the Bills a full week before the start of the league year but it wasn't executed until the start of the league year.

Kirk Cousins could be tagged by the Redskins to attempt a trade and then rescind the tag if a trade doesn't materialize as happened with Josh Norman just a couple of years ago.  

What are you even doing in this thread?  Some of us enjoy these types of threads and the potential off season we are looking at.  If he is full of it who cares?  You could end up like a long time poster that trashed news about Lawson's shoulder only to be proved wrong.  If you don't like the thread keep it moving.  By nature sources and inside info can't be verified.  If you don't like that fine but nobody cares that you think it is wrong and you certainly shouldn't be attacking the poster.  Personally I like seeing inside info and don't want people chased away that provide it.  In 4 months we can verify what the poster is saying and gauge how legitimate his info is/was.

By the way I got a goof laugh at you trotting this info out about tampering when you have been banging the drum that Tyrod, while under contract, talked with a bunch of teams to gauge interest and came back because there was none but the Bills could never be talking with the Redskins. Or this gem 

The Skins got rid of their RB and two 1000 yard receivers in this past offseason. 

That just may be why the Skins did so poorly.   No targets for Kirk.  just an observation 

Very similar to what the Bills did with trading Sammy, letting Woods, Goodwin, and Gillislee walk perhaps?  Cousins is a much better passer than Tyrod but it is interesting to watch the double talk from you on this topic.

• Like (+1) 2

I forgot to pass along last week, . 

From scouting department. The internal memo we discussed last week

Top 6 potential picks # 1 picks for Bills in 2018 if unable to trade up for Darnold -

Roquin Smith ILB Georgia.

Harold Landry OLB Boston College,

Bradley Chubb DE  NC State,

Mike McGlinsky OT ND,

Christian Walker DT Clemson,  

Denzel Ward, CB Ohio State. 

McDermott wants speed at linebacker.   looks like we will go for the defensive.  

50 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Good stuff Don, thanks. Not sure how I feel about using draft picks and a high salary for Cousins. I get it, skip the whole draft a crap shoot QB idea, but less draft capital to build around Cousins would kind of suck. I'm still for it though. Solve our QB issue for the next decade and this regime has shown a good eye for talent so I would feel good about it, depending on how much we have to give up to Washington.

One thing I don't get, if we're done with Tyrod why not start Peterman the rest of the year? We're risking an injury to someone we could trade who we have no need to evaluate further. I guess if the team leadership council wants Tyrod to start McDermott wouldn't have a choice.

The problem was the San Diego game.  If Peterman had a better showing, he would be starting right now.  We are still in the playoff hunt, the team, fans, and some posters here would have field day on McDermott.  As i said last week, Taylor is going to start the rest of the year regardless of win/loss. 

Edited by Dunkirk Don

46 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

just wondering out loud here...

If there are high level Bills execs that peruse this board, how is it that Dunkirk Don has not been outed and the source of his inside info dried up? The sheer volume of supposed inside info makes me HIGHLY skeptical of DD.

They are investigating and they will eventually find the source (S/he is near retirement ) until then they are going rogue. at that time, no more inside information   Leroi says hello

Edited by Dunkirk Don

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

fat fingered.  sorry

It would be a sign and trade

It can’t be a sign and trade. If the Redskins sign him, they are on the hook for the guaranteed salary, no matter how quick the trade is made.

The Bills are not going to trade for a guy that they can only guarantee being here if they franchise him for 34 plus million. Way to big of a chance to have the Cousins camp say we will agree to a deal. Cousins would then hold the Bills hostage once a deal is a made, ethical or not.

Also, the pending on Dennison thing is one of the dumbest I’ve ever heard.

Your source is yourself and you are a fraud.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I forgot to pass along last week, . 

From scouting department. The internal memo we discussed last week

Top 6 potential picks # 1 picks for Bills in 2018 if unable to trade up for Darnold -

Roquin Smith ILB Georgia.

Harold Landry OLB Boston College,

Bradley Chubb DE  NC State,

Mike McGlinsky OT ND,

Christian Walker DT Clemson,  

Denzel Ward, CB Ohio State. 

McDermott wants speed at linebacker.   looks like we will go for the defensive.  

The problem was the San Diego game.  If Peterman had a better showing, he would be starting right now.  We are still in the playoff hunt, the team, fans, and some posters here would have field day on McDermott.  As i said last week, Taylor is going to start the rest of the year regardless of win/loss. 

Interesting.  We have you with your "source" that says this.  Then we have SaviorPeterman with his "sources" saying that Peterman would have started last week if he wasn't in concussion protocol.

Edited by Scott7975

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Let me count the ways.  

Just read the thread again,  It is self explanatory.  

3 Quick hits

Bills will get Cousins - talks already under way.   

Bills will build a new stadium - - talks already under way.   

Bills will fire a FO guy - talks already under way.   

Everybody sing along !!!

Dunkirk Don, what's that flower you have on?
Could it be a faded rumor from days gone by?
And did I hear you say he was a-meeting you here today
To take you to his stadium in the sky?

Awesome!

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Interesting.  We have you with your "source" that says this.  Then we have SaviorPeterman with his "sources" saying that Peterman would have started last week if he wasn't in concussion protocol.

We already know Saviour Peterman is a fraud. The book is still open on DD 

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Not sure about that source,  not discrediting him but my source said something very different.  Mine is coming directly from obd and verified by several people as well as access to internal documents

The bills second rated quarterback is Josh Allen from Wyoming.  We would draft him in round two

Edited by Dunkirk Don

6 minutes ago, MDFan said:

We already know Saviour Peterman is a fraud. The book is still open on DD 

True

6 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Not sure about that source,  not discrediting him but my source said something very different.  Mine is coming directly from obd and verified by several people as well as access to internal documents

The bills second rated quarterback is Josh Allen from Wyoming.  We would draft him in round two

I'm still giving you the benefit of the doubt though I still take things with a grain of salt. The other guy I mentioned likes to claim he has sources but we all know he doesn't. 

Just now, Dunkirk Don said:

This spring will be my vindication. I am looking forward to it

Vindicated on a message board? You need to have bigger goals in life. 

In the end,  it won't matter if this all comes to fruition and you are "vindicated". Your source will be toast, and you will not have the value to the board that you apparently seek by providing insider info.  You will have gone the way of "hey,  whatever happened to..."

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

So if Cleveland wants Darnold, we are screwed?

Greaaaaaat....if true

I have to believe Cleveland picks a quarterback will it be darnold, who knows.  The other possibility is darnold returns to usc.  It is not a given he comes out.  I hope Cleveland takes Rosen. Which will be a big mistake.  He is not even on our board 

7 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

This spring will be my vindication. I am looking forward to it

Vindicated of what?  Again, is there an award that I am not aware of?

You are on forum.....Enjoy your xmas holidays and good luck in your second semester of grade 10!

• Like (+1) 1