12-11: McDermott and Coordinator Pressers

26CornerBlitz

17 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Trust me dude. Joe doesn't come CLOSE to "reveling" in the average :lol:

Hi Joe. Ill bet youve got ten or fifteen other alter egos. Make sure you use them all against me. That way youll really put me in my place. Still waiting for that factual poll that shows the vast majority think this is a successful year. Tic toc. Tic toc.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you surprised to find out that I wasn't a Neurologist?

I'm not either but it didn't look as bad as savages hit and they (like idiots) kept him in the game. no doubt the kid got his clock rocked and I hope it was no worse then that and at least the bills have a much smarter staff than the texans.

6 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Hi Joe. Ill bet youve got ten or fifteen other alter egos. Make sure you use them all against me. That way youll really put me in my place. Still waiting for that factual poll that shows the vast majority think this is a successful year. Tic toc. Tic toc.

Im deeply insulted, sir.

13 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

he's still learning. if he were still making questionable decisions in his third year then I'd be calling for his head. since he's a rookie he will make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. I too questioned his decision to punt but then after it was all said and done it looked more like to me that he had confidence in his defense to make the stop and get the ball back which is what happened.

Trusting the defense to get the ball back was not the issue to me.  To me, the question is, given who was under center, what is more likely: That he gets one yard on the next play and continues a drive for a score with four minutes left....or that he is able to engineer a drive in under two minutes, probably from his own side of the field?  They clearly did not trust Webb to pass....so the plan to win the game was to have him to make a last minute game winning drive?  Sure, he had a 34 yard completion...in the snow...to a player who was falling down...and that was the plan?  Does not sound like a consistently winning formula.

4 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Trusting the defense to get the ball back was not the issue to me.  To me, the question is, given who was under center, what is more likely: That he gets one yard on the next play and continues a drive for a score with four minutes left....or that he is able to engineer a drive in under two minutes, probably from his own side of the field?  They clearly did not trust Webb to pass....so the plan to win the game was to have him to make a last minute game winning drive?  Sure, he had a 34 yard completion...in the snow...to a player who was falling down...and that was the plan?  Does not sound like a consistently winning formula.

he

is

still

learning

a rookie HC

let that sink in.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

You got me. Quick now! Sign in as somebody else and tell us how your one of the most respected posters on this board. Maybe you can provide some made up factual analysis to support that.

Couple things, toolbox:

1) I don't do alts. No need. I own munchkins like you.

2) Feel free to quote the post where I cited some mythical survey.

3) If you think I care about whether or not I'm one of the most respected posters on this board, you're a lead-eating, window-licking mongoloid.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

That's not the totality.

Exceeding the win total while:

-Cutting dead/injured/expensive weight

-Changing team culture

-Acquiring a metric !@#$ton of picks

Is a successful season as judged by all but the most entrenched negative persons.

Also agree.  Well stated.  Hardtruth - you thought this was to be our year?!  We just suffered two years of Ryan clowns and went into the season with the worst WR corps maybe ever plus a QB controversy involving only one QB!  Ha.   This year has been very promising save for that half a game when N8 imploded by refusing to be sacked.

Much to do yet but the culture has changed, many of the ass clowns are already gone  and we have tons of picks coming up.  Will next year be our year?? Nope.  But maybe three years from now if they keep up the progress and perform well in the draft.

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

he

is

still

learning

a rookie HC

let that sink in.

I like mcd but sounds like he is using confirmation bias and in fact not learning from mistakes if he would make same choice again.

Again as someone said, bigger picture is important, more important in fact, which is why I like mcd... But it is correct to worry about his in game decision making skills thus far. I'm not calling for riverboat Ron with our current roster but I do expect better than punting in that spot. And wasting a timeout. Someone was lobbying to go for it.

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

he

is

still

learning

a rookie HC

let that sink in.

I appreciate his HC experience.

My question would be in a similar game decision this week against Miami what would he do.

Has he "learned" what the difference between a win/tie/loss is for our playoff situation?

If they play for a tie this week I would be upset.

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the rookie HC has a bad team in the verge of the WC 

what more, realistically do you people want?  

8-8 would be impressive enough 

8-7-1 would be impressive.

9-7 and a playoff berth would be much better.

Isn't step 1 of every team in the NFL getting to the playoffs?

1 hour ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

And your a koolaid sipping clown who revels in the average. 

Joe is a lot of things but a kool aid sipper is not one of them :lol:.  A Kool aid pisser maybe0:)

3 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

I like mcd but sounds like he is using confirmation bias and in fact not learning from mistakes if he would make same choice again.

Again as someone said, bigger picture is important, more important in fact, which is why I like mcd... But it is correct to worry about his in game decision making skills thus far. I'm not calling for riverboat Ron with our current roster but I do expect better than punting in that spot. And wasting a timeout. Someone was lobbying to go for it.

I hated the call and think it was a terrible decision.  I can admit thought that it worked out and I do see his reasoning.  I'm glad he had reasoning behind it instead of just "the numbers dictated it" nonsense.  Hard to argue the result even if I didn't like the call.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

And your a koolaid sipping clown who revels in the average. 

This post made be (literally) laugh out loud.  I remember reading JSPs posts from when I first joined. I always thought "damn, this guy needs to smile once in a while and stop being so bitter and such a negative Nancy".

6 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

This post made be (literally) laugh out loud.  I remember reading JSPs posts from when I first joined. I always thought "damn, this guy needs to smile once in a while and stop being so bitter and such a negative Nancy".

Indeed.

I felt for almost the entirety of the drought that the Bills had no plan, just a succession of duct tapings and bandaids. Whether anyone likes it or not, this team HAS a direction, finally. I happen to like it, since it's all I've really asked for for a LONG time.

I'll cut the mentally-deficient newbie some slack. Maybe he doesn't know how to use search. :lol:

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

Knowing that you're playing against Brissett, and not Brady, is part of the decision.  Inaccurate throws were not unforeseeable...

agreed.  I have to think if we are playing a better offense we go for it.  (at least I hope, otherwise that call was crazy).  Still was not a fan of it, but happy it worked!