"Not a chance." - Rodak on Coaching Change

BigDingus

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Rodak really stepped out on a limb here. :rolleyes:

Give the people what they want and they'll be happy. Tell the people what they want to hear and they'll keep listening. Say Taylor stinks and is the sole cause of the Bills problems and the people will take that and run with it. Confirm what they want to hear and they'll forget that there is no better option. 

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

"Two years minimum."

No **** Rodak.

They will make it 19 straight next season and the heat will be on in year 3 to not get to 20 years straight without the playoffs.

How exciting.?

Or ... you know ... not.

Decent chance next year will be significantly better. The system will have been installed and they will have started to assemble players who fit the player needs of the system.

3 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

If he's tanking, he's not very good at it. Maybe we should fire him.

Heh heh. Exactly. If he is tanking this is one of the poorest attempts ever. If they'd done a complete rebuild they simply would have gotten rid of Tyrod, Kyle Williams and Shady. Williams and Shady are likely to be gone by the time a team doing a complete rebuild would be any good whatsoever, and they could have replaced Tyrod with a much cheaper alternative who wouldn't have been quite as good, a Glennon or someone like him.

7 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

Honestly WTF?

How is this even a question?  

Bills are almost certain to improve on last year's record AND have a stack of draft picks AND oh, btw, McD just got here...

Again - WTF??

First, it's not written just for Bills fans, it's written for all NFL fans, plenty of whom might not know this stuff. And secondly as many have observed, there have been a ton of posts on this board from people who are apparently non-trolls who earnestly believe McD's job is in jeopardy this year.

I'm not a big Rodak fan, but this article is completely reasonable.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

as stupid and head-scratching as many of McD’s (and Beane’s) decisions have been this season, I agree they should get 2 years at a bare mininum.  

And the only reason you fire them next year is if we vastly underachieve (say, 5-11 or worse).

Just now, ScottLaw said:

It's only head scratching to those who don't trust the process.??

I actually meant to say “have seemed”, not “have been”.  Obviously we will see how the plethora of trades/cuts works out for us, but there’s no denying on paper we’re less talented than we were last season.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

I actually meant to say “have seemed”, not “have been”.  Obviously we will see how the plethora of trades/cuts works out for us, but there’s no denying on paper we’re less talented than we were last season.

And yet, on pace to better last year's win total. Hm.

With many here predicting we were going 4-12 this season why would there be a coaching change?

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

People here have no vision. None.

All they see is their favorite guy got traded, and they're MAD. MAAAAAAD.

And they'll never forgive McBeane because SAMMY. :cry:

Never forgive; never forget. Lol

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Don't forget, he claps too!

And The Process!

I'm not surprised this article was written, there were fans her who thought Rex Ryan would succeed and some who thought he wasn't given enough time here to succeed....

13 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Don't forget, he claps too!

And The Process!

I'm not surprised this article was written, there were fans her who thought Rex Ryan would succeed and some who thought he wasn't given enough time here to succeed....

So you, in your infinite wisdom, are able to judge a coach and GM on 12 weeks' worth of work?

Man I wish I had that kind of insight.

Edited by joesixpack

6 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Of course the fact that once Mr. Big Stuff left and we got our 6th round draft pick the middle of our defensive line turned into a marshmallow and Jacksonville's run D immediately improved had nothing to do with it.

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Of course the fact that once Mr. Big Stuff left and we got our 6th round draft pick the middle of our defensive line turned into a marshmallow and Jacksonville's run D immediately improved had nothing to do with it.

could easily substitute DAREUS in there for SAMMY.

it's all the same whining.

And given your avatar, we know what camp you're squarely in

Edited by joesixpack