McDermott Respect from The Hoodie

Irv

10 hours ago, joesixpack said:

We're talking about before brady, numbnuts.

Well, since you're going that direction let's talk about who they brought in:

Poyer

Hyde

Gaines

Benjamin

Jones

Dawkins

Milano

Seems to me the majority of the players they've added are pretty solid pieces, as opposed to the previous regime's leftovers.

White, Dawkins, Jones and Milano were draft picks that were made by the evil Doug Whaley with advice from McDermit, using Whaley’s scouting system- which is gone. Beane and his scouting staff havent drafted anybody so we’ll see what he can do. Power and Hyde were also acquired by Whaley prior to Beane’s arrival.

Beane did bring in Benjamin, Gaines and Matthews, but they haven’t exactly set the league on fire since they got here. They’ve all spent a lot of time on the bench.

file

Edited by vincec

Just now, vincec said:

White, Dawkins, Jones and Milano were draft picks that were made by the evil Doug Whaley with advice from McDermit, using Whaley’s scouting system- which is gone. Beane and his scouting staff havent drafted anybody so we’ll see what he can do. Power and Hyde were also acquired by Whaley prior to Beane’s arrival. Beane did bring in Benjamin and Matthews though.

:lol:

You can't seriously be this...obtuse.

McDermott ran that draft and free agency.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

:lol:

You can't seriously be this...obtuse.

McDermott ran that draft and free agency.

Sure. Whaley and his entire system of scouts did nothing and McDermitt ran it on his own from his basement. Please stop being ridiculous if you want anyone to take you seriously.?

Edited by vincec

Just now, vincec said:

Sure. Whaley and his entire system of scouts did nothing and McDermitt ran it on his own from his basement. Please stop being ridiculous if you want anyone to take you seriously.

ok, chief.

Let me know when you book a return trip to reality.

10 hours ago, uticaclub said:

A realistic possibility. BB has lost 125 NFL games, you think McDermott is going to have 12, 10 win seasons?

You're right....McD has a long, long, loooooong ways to go to demonstrate longevity and sustaining power in the NFL....but I AM hoping he has even more than 10 win seasons for more than 12 years....I want a very, very long term HC and hopefully QB beginning in 2018 that shows 15 years of true success.

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

That i would like to see. Dont think he ever said that. The media probably did.

https://nypost.com/2012/01/29/hit-by-jets-lb-lewis-hit-started-brady-era-saved-belichicks-job/

Belichick, according to a coach who was on the Jets staff back then and who requested anonymity, was telling Jets coaches on the sideline before that game that he expected to be fired.

“He and [then offensive coordinator] Charlie Weis were saying, ‘We’re going to get fired,’ ’’ the coach recalled. “They were struggling and they didn’t want Bledsoe as the quarterback, but they couldn’t get rid of him because he had too much power in the locker room.’’

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Oh look.

I was right. Again.

Sorry dont buy. Its heresay. Only the post would publish that. Besides how would a jets coach know that. BB hates the jets. There is no way BB would talk with a Jets coach.

Kraft wanted to hire BB after the 96 season, but was reluctant because of the way Parcells left.

13 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

2 SB rings as a DC with the Giants....and he brought the Browns to the playoffs...the Browns !!...let that sink in.....he should have won coach of the year for that alone !!

Was that browns not the team we call the Ravens now ? Don't think the browns were nearly as bad as the current incarnation of the " new browns " 

12 hours ago, westside said:

LOL!!!

He pretty much brushed him off on the way to the locker room. How can you tell it was a genuine tone of voice? lol

Because he looked McD right in the eye and said, "Yeah, I know, it was bull ****" and you could tell he wasn't pleased about it. 

13 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

2 SB rings as a DC with the Giants....and he brought the Browns to the playoffs...the Browns !!...let that sink in.....he should have won coach of the year for that alone !!

those were the real Browns not the expansion Browns and they had talent.....

15 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

The handshake end of the Pats game was interesting.  Belicheck has lost more games as a coach than McDermott probably will ever win.  I thought the respect Belicheck showed McDermott about the Gronk incident during the handshake and walk off the field showed a lot of class on his part and he seemed to respect our coach a lot.  I liked that.  Gives me hope for the future.

I feel it was more McDermott wouldn't let him go and belicheck was saying whatever to get him to leave him alone

4 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Sorry dont buy. Its heresay. Only the post would publish that. Besides how would a jets coach know that. BB hates the jets. There is no way BB would talk with a Jets coach.

Kraft wanted to hire BB after the 96 season, but was reluctant because of the way Parcells left.

I don’t doubt B.B. was on the hot seat.

You do understand that the coaching community is a brotherhood? They interchange from team to team all the time,they mostly have respect for one another and build up solid friendships. Hating a team is mostly for fans and some players.

It just shows us that having the right QB can make a coaches career. BB is a fine defensive coach and still runs his defenses( Patricia is a figure head,that’s why he’s not a head coach somewhere). The offense is Brady’s, as the change in offensive figureheads have never made a difference over the years.

BB has been blessed, but he’s smart enough not to tinker with what works.

7 minutes ago, dlonce said:

I don’t doubt B.B. was on the hot seat.

You do understand that the coaching community is a brotherhood? They interchange from team to team all the time,they mostly have respect for one another and build up solid friendships. Hating a team is mostly for fans and some players.

It just shows us that having the right QB can make a coaches career. BB is a fine defensive coach and still runs his defenses( Patricia is a figure head,that’s why he’s not a head coach somewhere). The offense is Brady’s, as the change in offensive figureheads have never made a difference over the years.

BB has been blessed, but he’s smart enough not to tinker with what works.

You dont understand. The basis of spygate all started with BBs hatred of the Jets. There are plenty of books out there on BB that goes into detail.

Kraft just hired him and gave him full control of personel. Kraft wasnt going to fire him after one year. Not after what happened with Parcells.

Also BB wouldnt have taken the job if Kraft was going to meddle. He had already gone through that with Modell

Edited by Chris66

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Then he was 7-9 twice and then 11-5 and won a playoff game with a QB combo of Testaverde and Rypien. 

Then he went 5-11with Bledsoe on the pats.

Then he won a SB in Brady's first year as starter (form the majority of the season).  Brady had little to do with that SB season.

This argument gets repeated by posters who are unfamiliar with what Bellichick really did before "Brady".

He was the best defensive mind in NFL history before he was ever hired in NE.  He could have retired after the Super Bowl against the Rams and walked into the Hall of Fame.  All Brady did for Belichek was set the bar ridiculously high for someone else to be called the greatest HC of all time.

I think BB just puts up with Gronks antics and realized he stepped way over the line and I as much as I hate to say it am glad BB apologized for what happened. Gronks apology on the other hand was terrible and he was too busy trying to make excuses it was a bad look. Then appealing his suspension I wish he had gotten more than one game. But, BB did show some class and definitely had more of a conversation with McDermott than any other coach we've had in the past.