Why I think Shady stays

Buffalo716

A lot of people think it's a forgone conclusion that shady is gone after this season. That he will be shipped away

I don't subscribe to that for a number of reasons.

First, he has bought in to the process. He is a leader on the team and he is one of the few motivators we have on the roster 

We also do not have any stable QB play potentially going into next year. A new rookie QB or TT without Shady will not be pretty. Losing a top 5 back is never an addition. Shady gives a rookie or whoever a fall back and a safety blanket. 

Shady has 3-4 solid years left. This is when you ride him out. Get every single last carry and touch out of him until he has nothing left. 

Shady has embraced Buffalo and runs his tail off for us. Getting a third round pick for him is not worth it.

He has been the only consistent 3 year bright spot for us on offense and he will help a young QB next year immensely . You don't trade away your most talented offensive player who shows up weekly

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

A lot of people think it's a forgone conclusion that shady is gone after this season. That he will be shipped away

First, he has bought in to the process. He is a leader on the team and he is one of the few motivators we have on the roster 

We also do not have any stable QB play potentially going into next year. A new rookie QB or TT without Shady will not be pretty. Losing a top 5 back is never an addition. Shady gives a rookie or whoever a fall back and a safety blanket. 

Shady has 3-4 solid years left. This is when you ride him out. Get every single last carry and touch out of him until he has nothing left. 

Shady has embraced Buffalo and runs his tail off for us. Getting a third round pick for him is not worth it.

He has been the only consistent 3 year bright spot for us on offense and he will help a young QB next year immensely . You don't trade away your most talented offensive player who shows up weekly

Yes, this makes sense.  I hope they are smart enough to know this.

Sony Michel should be available with a mid-round pick, btwB-)

I’f they let him go after this season even if the cap situation makes sense the process will be abandoned and vilified by legions of fans. 

Hes is really the best thing that has happened to the bills in several years in terms of watchability. And there isn’t a close second. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

....he'll be here a least one more year IMO.......but Jesus, stop with this "run first" crap with him being the only stallion in the stable......he goes down and we trot out Mr. Ed's......get the guy some help....

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone. Besides a new QB, probably a few new on the O-line . Next season will be a bigger adjustment than this season, look for a mostly new front 7 on defense, that , with the change at QB will likely make for a tough year. If you're starting over on offense, probably doesn't make much sense to keep Shady, from management perspective.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....he'll be here a least one more year IMO.......but Jesus, stop with this "run first" crap with him being the only stallion in the stable......he goes down and we trot out Mr. Ed's......get the guy some help....

Definitely 

in fact, maybe over the next couple of years he can transition into more of a receiving back and lend some of the between the tackle runs to a fresh stallion

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't know how to start one. Just going by my convos with everybody here

Maybe it is a lot of Bills fans.  But why would you get rid of him?  Is he a cancer?  Not buying-in?  Unproductive?  A troublemaker?  Easily replaceable?  The answers to all are "no."  And the caps savings are minimal.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Definitely 

in fact, maybe over the next couple of years he can transition into more of a receiving back and lend some of the between the tackle runs to a fresh stallion

....if the guy was paired up with a change of pace RB like Kenneth Davis was for Thurmal, maybe his career is prolonged and they both flourish like Thurmal & Davis did....just a dumb thought though....

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Maybe it is a lot of Bills fans.  But why would you get rid of him?  Is he a cancer?  Not buying-in?  Unproductive?  A troublemaker?  Easily replaceable?  The answers to all are "no."  And the caps savings are minimal.

Well that's what I argue when I hear people say he's next .

I mean he's bought in and is productive. As a coach, i would hate to lose a guy like shady.

i hope he retires here

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

He's on pace for 1100 yds rushing 400-500 yds receiving and is a major focal point of the offense. Assuming the Bills draft a new QB why would they dump an incredible asset that takes pressure off of the kid when he has shown zero signs of slowing down cap space be damned.

If you are the GM wouldn't you rather your rookie QB has Benjamin, Jones, McCoy, & Clay as his weapons to start?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....if the guy was paired up with a change of pace RB like Kenneth Davis was for Thurmal, maybe his career is prolonged and they both flourish like Thurmal & Davis did....just a dumb thought though....

That is what every coach dreams to have. A thunder and lightning punch

We need to find another young hard runner that can extend Shadys career

Shady will be traded for a 2020 7th rounder and be replaced by Tim biakabutuka. Trust the process.

7 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

He should have been traded when the value was high, if it still isn't.  This team has nothing to lose.  A massive do over is necessary.

He should have been traded instead of Sammy.