Gronk Suspended for One Game by the NFL - Appeal Denied

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I don't understand how a guy can admit complete wrongdoing and then file an appeal of a more-than-fair punishment administered for this admitted improper act. 

The league is broken if he gets away with this. The league is probably broken anyways, but it's another log on the fire.

The nflpa automatically files an appeal on the members behalf

Just now, Chris66 said:

Is the point being bunch of people discussing retaliation that's never going to happen?

No, the point being the suspension is 1 game and Tre White may be out longer and his career may be shortened all because Gronk can't control his emotions in a runaway win.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

No, the point being the suspension is 1 game and Tre White may be out longer and his career may be shortened all because Gronk can't control his emotions in a runaway win.

What did you think was going to happen. That he was going to get a 4 game suspension 

1 week seems pretty light in lieu of CTE and concussion. Warren Sapp's dirty hit on Clifton in the 2000's maybe forgotten by this dirty shot. Sapp's was at least in bounds, in play at the time... just "dirty". Late, Intentional, High to the Head, opposition player White, defenseless... Gregg Williams been asked to comment yet?

But, I'm wrong, it was completely Ok as he was being held during the route and he was upset that that wasn't flagged (as long as we're ignoring his push off as well...).

Is this the message the league wants to send? Winding up and smashing a face down player in the back of the head with a bulky metal brace while out of bounds, well after the play, in a move no way whatsoever part of a football play; Even admit that it wasn't, in fact you were just "really frustrated". Equals one game suspension. That is messed up. Teams can only lose a player for a game to take out a star while he is on the ground after the play is over? Wonder if those elbow braces will be more popular.

Edited by Turk71

Just lost a lot of respect for Larry Fitzgerald.  And what an idiotic statement.  The cretin's actions shouldn't hurt the team, but if White misses games as a result of the cretin's action, which hurts the Bills, it should only merit a fine?

Time to retire Lar.  CTE is starting to set in.

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I can't believe Fitzgerald feels this way. WTF.

Very interesting take from a guy who typically comes off very intelligent. “Heavy” 5 figure fines do not deter multimillionaires. That’s why there are so many throughout the season. Players don’t care. One player, can’t remember who, said he sets a couple hundred grand aside every season just for the fines he plans to rack up. A guy with Gronk’s money would laugh at a fine from the league and that’s not a punishment even close to fitting the crime in this circumstance.

The most egregious cheap shot since Packer Charles Martin body slammed Bear Jim McMahon in1986 which earned a  two game suspension. A one game suspension sounds like a back room deal between Foxboro and Park Ave..  NFLPA will make Gronk file an appeal and stretch out the decision  so he sits out next Buff game.  Next Monday night game is Pats Dolphins then Pitt @ 4:30... Follow the money people TV ratings are down and the NFL wants Gronk the next two weeks .. most likely would play very little in the 16th game against the Jets anyway unless it means home field.  

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Very interesting take from a guy who typically comes off very intelligent. “Heavy” 5 figure fines do not deter multimillionaires. That’s why there are so many throughout the season. Players don’t care. One player, can’t remember who, said he sets a couple hundred grand aside every season just for the fines he plans to rack up. A guy with Gronk’s money would laugh at a fine from the league and that’s not a punishment even close to fitting the crime in this circumstance.

I'm afraid this speaks to how the Bills are viewed around the league, unfortunately...just a speedbump for the Patriots in the AFCE, and Fitzgerald's response pretty much confirms it. Here we have a DROY candidate who got put into the protocol and all Fitzgerald mentions is how Gronkowski's suspension will effect the Pats. Sobering imo.

18 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm afraid this speaks to how the Bills are viewed around the league, unfortunately...just a speedbump for the Patriots in the AFCE, and Fitzgerald's response pretty much confirms it. Here we have a DROY candidate who got put into the protocol and all Fitzgerald mentions is how Gronkowski's suspension will effect the Pats. Sobering imo.

I don’t much care how the Bills are viewed around the league tbh. I just think his comment is stupid. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t much care how the Bills are viewed around the league tbh. I just think his comment is stupid. 

I can understand it in that a player doesn't want to call for another player to be suspended, and are going to generally be for their union-mates suffering the least amount of punishment possible. What I hated was there was no acknowledgement of White and how his injury effects...you know...the team the Patriots were playing on Sunday.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I heard this live.  Come on man!

Wow.  One of the stupidest comments I’ve heard in years.   Perhaps we shouldn’t call 15-yard personal fouls for cheap shots either, because, you know, those hurt the team too.