NFL PED suspension rules should be changed

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

the league should make him serve his suspension when he’s actually eligible to play. He’s going on IR. 

Well, dont forget when you get suspended you are also not paid. If they wait to next year, maybe he doesn't play again and never loses the money. Justa thought

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Well, dont forget when you get suspended you are also not paid. If they wait to next year, maybe he doesn't play again and never loses the money. Justa thought

That’s a good point and maybe it is about the money only. Just seems like a bunch of crap.

Hard to take NFL policy re PEDs seriously when most of the players likely take HGH regularly while the league continues to make noise about it and yet do nothing. I have no problem with players taking HGH, btw; it's an ideal medicine for minor muscle tears, which tons of players sustain every week in what is at the end of the day a brutal game. We fans want to see players play, after all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Hard to take NFL policy re PEDs seriously when most of the players likely take HGH regularly while the league continues to make noise about it and yet do nothing. I have no problem with players taking HGH, btw; it's an ideal medicine for minor muscle tears, which tons of players sustain every week in what is at the end of the day a brutal game. We fans want to see players play, after all.

huh?

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Roger Clemens I mean Gronk should also get a PED look for what he did to Piazza I mean White.

But he was being unfairly treated by the refs.....they had called him for a false start earlier in the game ;)

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I completely agree about Gronk. It’s so obvious to me. And a poster I respect but won’t name mentioned awhile ago he knows the family was into HGH.

does the NFL test for HGH?  If not, it needs to.  Gronk is the dictionary picture of HGH.  

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

huh?

If you don't think that most NFL players don't take HGH on a regular basis, I don't know what to say. There is a REASON why the league, after years and years of saying it's going to crack down, never, ever does. Half the league would be suspended! Look at the guys on the field. It's not all weight lifting and protein bars, I can guarantee you that. 

Incidentally, I thought this was common knowledge. And I have absolutely zero problem with HGH use in a sport like NFL football. 

55 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

does the NFL test for HGH?  If not, it needs to.  Gronk is the dictionary picture of HGH.  

If they banned HGH, the injury reports would be a mile long every week. It's the dirty secret of HGH - it heals muscle tear injuries really well. These guys get muscle tears on a weekly basis.

Also, put my on the (very) high end of the estimates of the percentage of player using HGH: 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2602986-players-say-the-nfl-has-an-hgh-problem-even-if-peyton-manning-isnt-part-of-it

Edited by dave mcbride

But by being tougher on it and eliminating it, it might also keep players from getting to almost superhuman size and players might play less recklessly if they know they dont have to take a magic medicine to help them heal quicker if they do get hurt. It's kinda like how some workers in construction jobs used to not want to wear safety gear because they feel too reliant on it and are safer not wearing it cause they know they have nothing to fall back on and have to be extra careful. Throw a guy in a suit of armour and he will probably be fearless compared to throwing them out there in shorts and a t-shirt.

I wouldnt be surprised or shocked if something came out that should a majority take or had taken it, and I would be less shocked to find out the league turned a blind eye to the better players using it and only enforced or cracked down on the nobodies.

As for this suspension, they should only be enforceable when healthy. If the player is going on IR because of an injury, tue suspension is enforecable once they are healthy enough to return. This way a team can't just stash a guy on IR that's got a minor injury and can't suit up for a game so they can kill 2 birds with one stone. Aren't healthy enough to play, that game doesn't count towards your suspension. It might also help out too by making teams more accountable for the actions of their players

Edited by apuszczalowski

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

They test.  Not sure if they use the newer method.  We wouldn't know who gets caught anyway.

37 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

If you don't think that most NFL players don't take HGH on a regular basis, I don't know what to say. There is a REASON why the league, after years and years of saying it's going to crack down, never, ever does. Half the league would be suspended! Look at the guys on the field. It's not all weight lifting and protein bars, I can guarantee you that. 

Incidentally, I thought this was common knowledge. And I have absolutely zero problem with HGH use in a sport like NFL football. 

If they banned HGH, the injury reports would be a mile long every week. It's the dirty secret of HGH - it heals muscle tear injuries really well. These guys get muscle tears on a weekly basis.

Also, put my on the (very) high end of the estimates of the percentage of player using HGH: 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2602986-players-say-the-nfl-has-an-hgh-problem-even-if-peyton-manning-isnt-part-of-it

Well, Brady Quinn comes in  at the high estimate of 50%.

Who knows.   I too think it should be legal.  It's not really part of the discussion of the cheap shot though.

• Like (+1) 1