It's really hard to evaluate these quarterbacks with these receivers

Bing Bong

30 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

For many teams, the receiver corps has a positive effect on the offense, ie making catches they probably shouldn't catch, route running, adjusting to broken plays. These guys have quite a negative impact. I don't think we properly take in this impact when we talk about quarterbacks.

I call BS on this one!!! For E.J. Manuel, it was "blame the coaches". For Tyrod it is "blame the wide receivers and the OC".

Enough is enough. Tyrod is incapable of utilizing WRs properly, ever. We let Watkins and Woods go thinking it was them and it was our BF QB. All they are doing is going to the playoffs.

Get a real QB so we can evaluate our RECEIVERS properly!!!!!

5 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Goodwin his already bested his best year in Buffalo stat wise and still has 4 games to go. All while having to catch balls from 3 different QBs in a new scheme.

Do you know what's different about this year and others for him?  There are 2 things, actually.

2 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I call BS on this one!!! For E.J. Manuel, it was "blame the coaches". For Tyrod it is "blame the wide receivers and the OC".

Enough is enough. Tyrod is incapable of utilizing WRs properly, ever. We let Watkins and Woods go thinking it was them and it was our BF QB. All they are doing is going to the playoffs.

Get a real QB so we can evaluate our RECEIVERS properly!!!!!

Evaluate Deonte Thompson and Holmes? AGAIN I'm not talking about just Tyrod lol, they routinely just make bad drops.. and that's just what we see on broadcast.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Evaluate Deonte Thompson and Holmes? AGAIN I'm not talking about just Tyrod lol, they routinely just make bad drops.. and that's just what we see on broadcast.

We have had much better receivers BUT we have never had a much better QB, so I contend no matter WHO our receivers are, we will NEVER know how good we can be because our QBs always suck you know what...

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Because it’s qb hell

I don't think our WRs are amazing, but they are not trash either. 

When you look at the resume of Benjamin and Matthews, they have clearly established themselves as productive players. 

Clay is an average option at TE, and with time Zay may be good. 

It could be worse... 

Denver takes the field every week with 2 pro bowl receivers, but it doesn't matter much if you've got terrible QB play. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

10 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Naw, I believe it's the QB who is not good. 

Lots of QB would love to throw to Clay, Matthews and Jones.

Were you at the game today? It is a better “birds eye” view than what you can capture on TV. Many times I zeroed in on the receivers and not open at all. I am not saying TT is any good, but this receiving crop is pretty pedestrian right now. Sometimes I think we are missing that speed guy to take the top off- just my opinion thats all.

39 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

LIke when one of Peterman's first throws today hit his receiver in the belly and it was incomplete?  That kind of negative impact?

To be fair to Holmes, he was probably shocked to see such an accurate pass thrown to him during his route.

• Haha (+1) 1

We took a qb that needs explosive plays because he’s not great in the methodical middle of the field game- and then signed a WCO coordinator and got rid of all our explosive players for possession guys. 

The results were easily predictable 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Everybody is right in this one.  Our QBs suck as do the WRs we are playing due to injury. Holmes and Thompson shouldn't be on an NFL roster. But we are close to being an elite team.  All we need to do is draft 3 OL, 2 DL, 2 LBs, one speed receiver, a franchise QB, and a partridge in a pear tree. We're only half a team away!

17 minutes ago, Jigsaw2112 said:

There are plenty of qb's in this league who could manage more than 60 yards with this group.  

Remember way, way back in, oh,  August? Back when we were all laughing about how awful the Jets receiving corps would be this year?  Right now Robby Anderson and Jermaine Kearse look a lot better than anyone we're putting on the field. And that's with 37 year old career journeyman Josh McCown throwing the ball.  Are they really good? Or is Tyrod really that bad?  I have to assume it's more of the latter.  After all, Jordan Matthews was at least as effective as a Jermaine Kearse with his previous team and he's a couple years younger too ...

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

We took a qb that needs explosive plays because he’s not great in the methodical middle of the field game- and then signed a WCO coordinator and got rid of all our explosive players for possession guys. 

The results were easily predictable 

Sammy played in 13 games in 2015 and 8 games in 2016 and TT passed for just 3,000 yards in both.

13 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Remember way, way back in, oh,  August? Back when we were all laughing about how awful the Jets receiving corps would be this year?  Right now Robby Anderson and Jermaine Kearse look a lot better than anyone we're putting on the field. And that's with 37 year old career journeyman Josh McCown throwing the ball.  Are they really good? Or is Tyrod really that bad?  I have to assume it's more of the latter.  After all, Jordan Matthews was at least as effective as a Jermaine Kearse with his previous team and he's a couple years younger too ...

Well, that's easy, it's because McCown is a lot better QB than Tyrod. 

13 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Matthews has 33 targets after 10 games played this year. He never had less than 105 targets in Philly.

Edited by PeterGriffin