Eagles Sign Alshon Jeffery to a 4 Year Extension

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

Good grief!  A $13-14M/year deal for a guy who hasn't had a 1,000 yard season since 2014 and is on-pace for just 900 yards with the Eagles this year?

And people thought Sammy wasnt going to cash in in the offseason lol

39 minutes ago, Doc said:

Good grief!  A $13-14M/year deal for a guy who hasn't had a 1,000 yard season since 2014 and is on-pace for just 900 yards with the Eagles this year?

Yeah, that deal will look bad when he misses 10 games next year.

but he's played well for them. If I was them, I would have saved the money and drafted a wr since Wentz looks legit.  That said, they sure got over Jordan Matthews quick!

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And people thought Sammy wasnt going to cash in in the offseason lol

Stupid people thought that. 

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

Yeah. Sammy is worth 7 to 9 mill a year like R Woods and he will want and likely get money like Jeffery got.

Wrong. He's a major reason for the improvement for the Rams offense. I will gladly wage that he gets at least $10 million / year.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Is it fair to assume that this is roughly what KB will be looking at after next year?

I'm sure Jordan Matthews (he has the same stats as Sammy!) will be looking for it as well. Doesn't mean they should get it.

Benjamin seems to be a downward trend.  This is the second time Carolina lost him and their team seems to improve. It's weird.

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Is it fair to assume that this is roughly what KB will be looking at after next year?

I hope this is his opening offer and we bring him down.

Because holy ****, I'm not paying that to KB.

56 minutes ago, Doc said:

His one year prove it deal was $10M.  The WR market is insane.  

1972 was sure that Watkins would get 13 mill a year this off season, and I thought that was nuts. Looks like he may be completely right. I just can't imagine the bills would have gave him that money, but apparently someone may. 

26 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I hope this is his opening offer and we bring him down.

Because holy ****, I'm not paying that to KB.

His one year prove it deal was $10M.  The WR market is insane.  

36 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wrong. He's a major reason for the improvement for the Rams offense. I will gladly wage that he gets at least $10 million / year.

I'm sure Jordan Matthews (he has the same stats as Sammy!) will be looking for it as well. Doesn't mean they should get it.

Benjamin seems to be a downward trend.  This is the second time Carolina lost him and their team seems to improve. It's weird.

Yeah, I don’t know what to think or do with KB. I wouldn’t want to pay him that but would think that is what he looks for an we know Beane loves him. I wouldn’t hate him at $11M but that’s close to my limit.

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, I don’t know what to think or do with KB. I wouldn’t want to pay him that but would think that is what he looks for an we know Beane loves him. I wouldn’t hate him at $11M but that’s close to my limit.

I would hate it. He's declined every year inthe league and really struggles with injuries. 

Im fine with a one year prove it deal. KB is super talented but his injuries are a huge concern.  I wish the Bills just would have kept Sammy, who's two years younger and crazily more healthy. But I'm an idiot!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

Yeah. Sammy is worth 7 to 9 mill a year like R Woods and he will want and likely get money like Jeffery got.

Watkins can want whatever he wants. He will only be paid what an NFL team is willing to pay him, i.e. what he IS worth. Not what you or other biased Bills fans feel he is worth. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, that deal will look bad when he misses 10 games next year.

but he's played well for them. If I was them, I would have saved the money and drafted a wr since Wentz looks legit.  That said, they sure got over Jordan Matthews quick!

Stupid people thought that. 

But since Wentz is on a rookie contract, they can afford to give lots of talented players 2-4 year contracts before breaking the bank for him - no guarantee the drafted WR can be a plug-and-play talent on Jeffery's level

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Jordan Matthews

Stats

Does not compute

Edited by JimKellyTryouts