Dion Dawkins 2nd highest graded rookie OT

I want 2 quality OTs, actually 3.  I don't understand why Glenn seems to be a target of fans, or perceived to be on the outs with the coaching staff.  His only crime has been injuries lately.  Well, I got a secret.  Olinemen get injured, and often.  They're always getting rolled up on.  it's dangerous in the scrum.  Many legs moving around and bodies falling, off balance trying to get leverage.

I hope the fact that Dawkins is playing well only leads to not rushing Glenn back from recovery too soon, and then we do have 2 quality OTs, even if one needs to move over to RT.

• Like (+1) 9

Remember when we were talking about how Wood is injury prone and never stays on the field?

Injuries happen, sometimes they linger throughout a season. Glenn will be back, and injuries may or may not be a problem down the line. But he's a damn good OT, no reason to get rid of him. We can have two.

Yeah I don't get the Glenn hate. Top ten ot, in his prime, under contract.... He's had a bad injury season. I'd see what happens next year.

Adding two top olineman to Glenn, wood, incognito, along with Dawkins, Miller, groy and McDermott still developing with high potential...

Keep Glenn

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Dawkins has quietly had a good rookie season and improved as the year has gone on. Have to believe we've seen the last of Cordy Glenn. Only concern at this point is whether or not we can trade him given the injury issues and essentially missing most of the 2017 campaign.

DP-UA6AX0AEMaZ0.jpg

You mean Cordy Byrd?

29 minutes ago, wiskibreth said:

I want 2 quality OTs, actually 3.  I don't understand why Glenn seems to be a target of fans, or perceived to be on the outs with the coaching staff.  His only crime has been injuries lately.  Well, I got a secret.  Olinemen get injured, and often.  They're always getting rolled up on.  it's dangerous in the scrum.  Many legs moving around and bodies falling, off balance trying to get leverage.

I hope the fact that Dawkins is playing well only leads to not rushing Glenn back from recovery too soon, and then we do have 2 quality OTs, even if one needs to move over to RT.

Lately?  Where have you been , seriously.  He's always on the injury report.  This is an ongoing theme with Cordy.

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

We don't want two good OTs?

Nope because, ya' know, we can spend that money elsewhere and get 2-3 good players.:doh:

That's a popular philosophy around here at least.........until free agency starts and people actually realize there is COMPETITION for free agent talent and Buffalo is not inherently high on any players list.

Personally I have no issues with Glenn, I've always thought he's a very solid player who certainly shows elite flashes. Basically like Wood has been for this team through the years.

But just like with Wood there have been some injury issues, and my biggest concern right now is age and his contract.

Also doesn't anybody else think it's odd that we didn't really hear much about Glenn during the offseason in terms of serious injury concerns? Then come training camp and he's magically dealing with a serious issue. Not saying he's faking it but this should have been addressed in the offseason especially if surgery is/was needed.

Just think at the end of the day it's time to move on especially since it now appears we have his heir apparent.

I thought Dawkins had tons of upside when we drafted him 

I thought he could play either tackle or guard because of his athleticism but I thought he could really excel as a run blocking RT

He has a meanness to him in the running game and he looks like a modern versatile RT who can maul in the run game and pass block pretty well for his age

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

Lately?  Where have you been , seriously.  He's always on the injury report.  This is an ongoing theme with Cordy.

He's missed 6 games this season (and granted likely will miss more), and 5 games last season.  But before that he's been totally available.  I'd call that "lately"

You're just pissed that he's been injured since he got his contract.

Edited by wiskibreth

7 minutes ago, wiskibreth said:

He's missed 6 games this season (and granted likely will miss more), and 5 games last season.  But before that he's been totally available.  I'd call that "lately"

You're just pissed that he's been injured since he got his contract.

Either way the injuries the last few seasons are magnified because of his contract and age.

And I still get the sense he's a guy this new regime simply wants to move on from just like with Dareus although it wasn't as big an issue right away because Glenn doesn't have the off the field baggage like Dareus did.

6 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Either way the injuries the last few seasons are magnified because of his contract and age.

And I still get the sense he's a guy this new regime simply wants to move on from just like with Dareus although it wasn't as big an issue right away because Glenn doesn't have the off the field baggage like Dareus did.

I'm real curious why you have that sense?  Do you really think the coaches/FO dislike the guys on the roster for the sole reason that they're not their guys?

Dareus is gone because of his behavior.  Glenn has no such behavior history.

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

No, this is Buffalo.  We are allowed one, max, with the league preferred situation being two really bad ones.

On. More serious note Dawkins has been a very nice addition to the team.  Too bad he and Glenn are not bookending the line.