Dion Dawkins 2nd highest graded rookie OT

1 hour ago, wiskibreth said:

I want 2 quality OTs, actually 3.  I don't understand why Glenn seems to be a target of fans, or perceived to be on the outs with the coaching staff.  His only crime has been injuries lately.  Well, I got a secret.  Olinemen get injured, and often.  They're always getting rolled up on.  it's dangerous in the scrum.  Many legs moving around and bodies falling, off balance trying to get leverage.

I hope the fact that Dawkins is playing well only leads to not rushing Glenn back from recovery too soon, and then we do have 2 quality OTs, even if one needs to move over to RT.

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Remember when we were talking about how Wood is injury prone and never stays on the field?

Injuries happen, sometimes they linger throughout a season. Glenn will be back, and injuries may or may not be a problem down the line. But he's a damn good OT, no reason to get rid of him. We can have two.

Now the question is, should the Bills cut their losses with Glenn and just put him on Injured Reserve?

The Bills have been very vague about Glenn's timetable to return, and there are only so many games left.

3 minutes ago, wiskibreth said:

I'm real curious why you have that sense?  Do you really think the coaches/FO dislike the guys on the roster for the sole reason that they're not their guys?

Dareus is gone because of his behavior.  Glenn has no such behavior history.

It's pretty obviously that McD/Beane are trying to rid themselves from the previous regime as much as possible given the flurry of big name players and recent draft picks that are long gone since they got here. They certainly aren't done either and I think it's pretty obvious Taylor will be one of the first players to go in the offseason unless he miraculous lights it up down the stretch and gets this team to the playoffs.

And yes Glenn has no off the field issues but he has a big contract which is still the main reason we moved on from Dareus in addition to the off the field and character issues.

Who knows what they will ultimately do with Glenn but I can't imagine at the very least a condition of him staying would have to be a restructured contract.

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I know PFF grades are basically gospel, but sometimes I wonder how they can accurately assess line play without knowing the play call, scheme, and blocking assignments?  Just sayin' maybe PFF isn't everything.

They aren't everything especially when evaluating QB sometimes because they also rely heavily on advanced metrics and QB rating type of formula which can be easily manipulated like it is with TT (i.e. running out of bounds or throwing a 2 yard pass on 3rd down instead of trying to actually convert it and possibly turning the ball over).

But their formulas with most other positions have been rock solid because you can't manipulate those metrics. Olinemen either make a block or they don't, and in Glenn's defenese he's also had some decent ratings in the past from PFF.

1 hour ago, wiskibreth said:

I want 2 quality OTs, actually 3.  I don't understand why Glenn seems to be a target of fans, or perceived to be on the outs with the coaching staff.  His only crime has been injuries lately.  Well, I got a secret.  Olinemen get injured, and often.  They're always getting rolled up on.  it's dangerous in the scrum.  Many legs moving around and bodies falling, off balance trying to get leverage.

I hope the fact that Dawkins is playing well only leads to not rushing Glenn back from recovery too soon, and then we do have 2 quality OTs, even if one needs to move over to RT.

His only problem is that he doesn’t play very often.......kind of a big deal.  He’s a good LT and if he didn’t have broken feet he’d be worth the money. Imo, the state of his feet makes him unworthy of getting paid what he does.  He’s a BIG man.  I doubt his feet are going to get healthier as time goes on.  Could be a chronic issue

18 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

They aren't everything especially when evaluating QB sometimes because they also rely heavily on advanced metrics and QB rating type of formula which can be easily manipulated like it is with TT (i.e. running out of bounds or throwing a 2 yard pass on 3rd down instead of trying to actually convert it and possibly turning the ball over).

But their formulas with most other positions have been rock solid because you can't manipulate those metrics. Olinemen either make a block or they don't, and in Glenn's defenese he's also had some decent ratings in the past from PFF.

Which you can't assess unless you know the blocking scheme and each lineman's responsibility on a given play.

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

His only problem is that he doesn’t play very often.......kind of a big deal.  He’s a good LT and if he didn’t have broken feet he’d be worth the money. Imo, the state of his feet makes him unworthy of getting paid what he does.  He’s a BIG man.  I doubt his feet are going to get healthier as time goes on.  Could be a chronic issue

He hasn't played often LATELY. Up until game 11 last year, he was 100% available and I'm sure one of the reasons he was able to get a new contract.  Yeah, it's a big deal that he's injured NOW, but the bold part... How so?  Broken bones, torn ligaments, even torn cartilage all mend given the proper treatments.  What is it about his feet/ankles that you think have become irreparably weakened?  Unless he's got some kind of genetic condition that mysteriously just now materialized at age 28, then I can't understand your concept of not being able to heal.  Hell, even Sammy Watkins eventually healed and is playing again.

Edited by wiskibreth

Just now, wiskibreth said:

He hasn't played often LATELY. Up until game 11 last year, he was 100% available and I'm sure one of the reasons he was able to get a new contract.  Yeah, it's a big deal that he's injured NOW, but the bold part... How so?  Broken bones, torn ligaments, even torn cartilage all mend given the proper treatments.  What is it about his feet/ankles that you think have become irreparably weakened?  Unless he's got some kind of genetic condition that mysteriously just now materialized at age 28, then I can't understand your concept of not being able to heal.  Hell, even Sammy Watkins eventually healed and is playing again.

He’s a MASSIVE man that has had foot problems for an entire year....even after taking lots of time off.  Feet are complicated, especially when you’re 6’6 350.  THE reason he was given THAT much money is because he’s didn’t miss any time.  Now he can’t get his feet healthy ( not 1 foot, 2, if i’m correct in my thoughts).  Time will tell.  I hope I’m wrong if we decide to keep him.  I like Cordy, he’s a solid LT.  It’s just my feeling that this isn’t going to end this year with his foot problems.  

Ask Patrick Willis if feet are similar to tendons/cartilage etc.  He retired prematurely while playing at high level because......of his feet.  They hurt.  All the time.  And he didn’t even have any major foot injuries.  Like I said, I hope I’m wrong, but I just have a suspicion that we’re going to hear a lot about Cordy’s feet over the next few years if he’s on the team.

4 hours ago, westerndecline said:

Yeah I don't get the Glenn hate. Top ten ot, in his prime, under contract.... He's had a bad injury season. I'd see what happens next year.

Adding two top olineman to Glenn, wood, incognito, along with Dawkins, Miller, groy and McDermott still developing with high potential...

Keep Glenn

I'm not understanding all the negativity that Glenn has been getting from the fans here, either.

People keep talking about his injuries as if that's been the case his entire career, and that is not the case.

He missed some games last year, and he's missed nearly the entire season this year. While that is concerning, it's not like it's always been that way for him.

Cordy Glenn is not Jonas Jennings.

5 hours ago, wiskibreth said:

Some fans continue to follow the narrative of trading good players for draft picks...I follow the adage of Bill Polian back in the day,  you keep as many good players as you can...don't trade good players for maybe's. Or you will always be drafting in the top 10...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, pimp on da' net said:

Some fans continue to follow the narrative of trading good players for draft picks...I follow the adage of Bill Polian back in the day,  you keep as many good players as you can...don't trade good players for maybe's. Or you will always be drafting in the top 10...

don't you have to be on the field to be good?

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

You never give up, Mrs. Peterman, do you. Well, a mother's love for her son is inspiring.

12 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

don't you have to be on the field to be good?

Yes.

Is he good when he plays?

Maybe McBean is playing for the long haul and letting Glen fully heal instead of rushing him back...it has always been the thought with ankle injuries that a break is better than a sprang. I'm guessing after this weeks game McBean will make the decision to IR Glen, if we lose.