Dion Dawkins 2nd highest graded rookie OT

On 12/1/2017 at 8:00 PM, joesixpack said:

don't you have to be on the field to be good?

As long as PFF says you’re good, that’s all that matters. 

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

If it was a good pick is was McDermott. If it's a ****ty one it was Whaley. 

Bad picks where a hallmark of the Whaley regime. It wouldn’t be a way to assess. 

On 12/1/2017 at 3:56 PM, BuffaloBill said:

On. More serious note Dawkins has been a very nice addition to the team.  Too bad he and Glenn are not bookending the line.

I think that was something all hoped all the way back to TC.

Maybe next season ?

5 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

We'll find out in the off-season

I get the feeling he literally hired him because he knew him. There was no other option

...if that is the predominating hiring criterion, we're in a world of hurt.....look at the post Polian era....how many of Ralph's hires. re-hires or promotions were because "I know them"?...you know the drill and can fill in names....or better yet, how 'bout Wrecks hiring Rob because "I know him".......nepotism and "trusting friendships" dictating OBD hires have been a club killer and a major contributor to the 17 year drought IMO....

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

We'll find out in the off-season

I get the feeling he literally hired him because he knew him. There was no other option

He hired Coaches he has familiarity with. I expect changes next year.

Dawkins has improved nicely once he found his home at LT and with his 3rd or 4th start i expect him to continue to improve.

and he has the nasty, which works next to Cogs  :wub:

29 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...if that is the predominating hiring criterion, we're in a world of hurt.....look at the post Polian era....how many of Ralph's hires. re-hires or promotions were because "I know them"?...you know the drill and can fill in names....or better yet, how 'bout Wrecks hiring Rob because "I know him".......nepotism and "trusting friendships" dictating OBD hires have been a club killer and a major contributor to the 17 year drought IMO....

I'm sure it wasn't the only criteria.

He's a rookie hc, who probably went withCastillo because he's been in the league so long and knew him. Again, I don't think there was many options with him being a rookie hc.

We'll see.

Benching Miller is unacceptable

7 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

I'm sure it wasn't the only criteria.

He's a rookie hc, who probably went withCastillo because he's been in the league so long and knew him. Again, I don't think there was many options with him being a rookie hc.

We'll see.

Benching Miller is unacceptable

...probably right bud......but wouldn't you vet a guy first based on his accomplishments and innovativeness first especially with a young developing OL versus "knowing him"?...from everything I've read here and elsewhere, Castillo is hardly a standout among "OL coaching elite"......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...probably right bud......but wouldn't you vet a guy first based on his accomplishments and innovativeness first especially with a young developing OL versus "knowing him"?...from everything I've read here and elsewhere, Castillo is hardly a standout among "OL coaching elite"......

I think he obviously vetted him based on McDermott s resume and personality...

I just think there were limited options

I also believe beanie and McDermott want a true west coast system and a more powerful passing offense to be eventually be their strength for obvious reasons...

The rebuilding won't happen in one season.

Its a 3-4 year rebuild ( starting when theyget their qb)