Belichick doesn't allow team celebrations

T-Bomb

5 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

My point is could McDermott do the same thing as Belichick without any racial backlash?

T-Bomb - It was painful to read this thread. It is clearly apparent that you do not understand what racism is. For oppression; in this case the denial of team celebrations, to be considered racist, it would have to target one 'race' of people. If he were to apply this to only the white players...or only the black players, then it would be considered a racist act. Applying a rule to the entire team which is made up of various 'races' (nationalities), is not, nor cannot be racist. So the premise of your question is flawed.

As you are being accused of being a race baiting troll, at least get better at what you do. Stick with topics that can easily be flipped into racism correctly, such as 'did they bench Tyrod because he was black?'. See the difference? Tyrod is black, the head coach and OC are white. That could be argued as a racist act. What you proposed simply cannot.

Part of me is confused on why I am helping you become a better troll, but I can respect a well done troll, not the hot garbage you produced today that doesn't even make sense.

The argument that could be made on the celebration subject would be if McD did it, would he lose the team because he doesn't have the clout that Belly does. Of course, as a race baiting troll, you are not interested in that. Fine. Just pick viable subjects for your trolling.

It is sad that my half black son has a better understanding of such topics that you, who I am assuming is a grown person.

...carry on

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Just many Pats fans can't give credit where it's due, or admit when an opposing Coach makes a tremendous gaffe that just doesn't happen often in football. They'd rather argue that what the Officials missed, or called , or some other " miracle" deprived them of what was rightfully theirs. 

Why do you think coaches make these tremendous gaffes? They're not competent coaches or are intimidated. Andy Reid can't manage the clock. Trip Tomlin can't adjust. McCarthy makes dumb decisions. Carroll lets the inmates run the prison. Harbaugh doesn't know the rulebook. The list goes on and on.

Rarely do the Pats get outright beaten. KC this year and 2014, the Bills last year, the Ravens and Jets in the playoffs a few years ago, for example. The Dolphins shut the Pats out a few years back too. They win 12-14 games each year because of coaching, culture, and QB. It usually takes several poor/non-calls to beat NE. We'll complain about the clear Miami fumble that wasn't because that's what all fans do. Playing the virtuous martyr because your team underachieves is fine. No one has issues with that. However, fans of all teams do what you seem to think ONLY Pats fans do.

Get an NFL QB and the Bills could make the playoffs too. Flutie should have finished that season. Most Pats fans I know rooted for the Bills during those 4 SBs. Myself included. 

5 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Is he the only coach who is "allowed" to do this without losing his players or creating shouts of racism from twitter?

What would happen if McDermott didn't allow team celebrations?  Would he be considered a racist coach?

Just want to make sure I have this straight.

A white guy and a black guy are celebrating a TD, and thats racist?

Hmmm.....Aristotelian logic at its finest....

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/the_blitz/2017/11/rob_gronkowski_insists_impromptu_celebration_was_not_planned

40 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Some younger or more casual Bills fans probably don't realize our nightmares against Belichik began in the our first SB when he was Parcells DC with the Giants and came up with the perfect gameplan to stop the best offense in the NFL.

I believe the Bills were at least 12 point favorites in that game and it should have never come down to the 'wide right' last minute field goal. Just goes to show that Hoodies has been toying with the Bills (and entire NFL) for almost 30 years now.

They got outscored by a back up QB while fielding  1 HoF QB, 1 HoF RB and 2 HOF WRs.  There was an all pro offensive line virtually tackle to tackle. 

With the talent on the field field it shouldn’t have been within 3 TDs

55 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

You are obviously a Patriots hater, blinded by your jealousy and disgust to all things Brady and Belichick to view anything but condemnation with a prejudiced eye. The only reason Seattle was in position at the goal line was due to yet another miracle catch by the Seahawks. Look up the stats for Lynch that season on goal to go from the one. 1 TD in 5 attempts. It's also widely documented that Butler immediately recognized the play that led to the INT. After the INT, Seattle's D had a meltdown of stupid penalties due to poor coaching and lack of discipline and accountability. Seattle's D is still suffering from that lack of personal and team accountability. Atlanta's poor coaching, due to intimidation, led to those boneheaded decisions. Had the Falcons been playing ANY other team, they still would have won the game.

We can go on and on about the Tuck Rule. Yes, it was a dumb rule, but a rule (called correctly) nonetheless. It wasn't eliminated for several years afterwards BTW. NE gets screwed by the refs just as much as every other team. They get called for fewer penalties because....... yup, they are better coached. Gronk is mauled on every play, but it's never called. Brady gets pummeled after the whistle game after game and people wonder why he complains.

GB has Rodgers, but poor coaching holds his team back. Trip Tomlin has been holding the Steelers back for years. Great coaching has allowed Eli to win 2 rings. The list goes on.

I also never read the Pats board. I'm not even a member. There's never anything there that I don't already know. 

Ahh the truth comes out. You are a Pats fan. Love is blind, hate is logical. The Falcons were too intimidated to run out the clock on a team they were destroying? Lol. I have zero jealousy about the Patriots. If it were say, the Steelers with Ben or the Packers with Rodgers,many NFL teams actually  I wouldn't mind it at all. Why? I hate the people, the douchey Brady , the curmudgeon Belichick. The personalities are awful. Cannot root for them. A Manning? Sure. Tomlin? Of course. There is simply nothing likeable or enjoyable about these Pats  to inspire anyone to root for the that doesn't reside in Boston. That's about it. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

No, it doesn't. Rather, it shows an objectivity not seen in the media with their Patriots worship and pandering to a large market sports city. Nor in self absorbed Patriots fans who feel entitled to the best of everything NFL football has to offer. It's so obvious that Brady is the key to Belichicks success that it's barely worth mentioning. Unless of course, one believes more in Xs and Os than Jimmys and Joes. But then, no Coach can win without good players. Again, it's really obvious. He's along for the ride with his lucky find , and the ride ends when Brady leaves. Maybe you think Brady will still be playing good football when he is 51, so who knows? 

Hmmm so Brady wouldn't be great without BB? He just happened to land with a Coach who " made him" so? Doesn't add up. The numbers say that BB was a mediocrity as a HC until he stumbled onto his great QB. One that no one saw coming, or he would have been drafted far earlier. Could BB bring the current Bills to the playoffs?  Maybe, but so could other Coaches ( they are alive for a WC spot right now, under a rookie HC that jettisoned talent) they'd still be a flawed group and wouldn't go far. . The fact remains he hasn't made the playoffs in New England without Brady. He's also lost SuperBowls when his prized QB was neutralized. And AFC title games as well. It's pretty apparent the formula depends on Brady winning them games. 

Serious question...why do you think the vast majority of past/current coaches and players consider Belichick one of if not the best coach in NFL history.....are they all wrong ? You're not giving him enough credit IMO...the guys is an incredible head coach.....how often does NE looks " not ready " for a game....never...how often do they out smart other teams....quite often...I could go on and on.....finally, name me a coach who didn't have a great QB and is considered one of the best ?...they all had one....

7 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Serious question...why do you think the vast majority of past/current coaches and players consider Belichick one of if not the best coach in NFL history.....are they all wrong ? You're not giving him enough credit IMO...the guys is an incredible head coach.....how often does NE looks " not ready " for a game....never...how often do they out smart other teams....quite often...I could go on and on.....finally, name me a coach who didn't have a great QB and is considered one of the best ?...they all had one....

Never said I don't consider BB a great Coach. I don't subscribe to the myth building that has gotten out of control and is perpetrated by the Ex Patriots that populate nearly every football related show on TV. Most of the time the team wins because Brady makes more plays than the opposing QB or makes a better play then the defenders. Even when they are in seemingly the perfect defense for the play the Patriots are running. Factor in the ridiculous amount of holding, illegal pick plays that the  Patriots get away with because of their reputation , and the fact Defenders are barely allowed to breathe on Brady and thats the difference. Sims put though, subtract Brady from the equation and that team is mostly average most years. Even with BB coaching. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Never said I don't consider BB a great Coach. I don't subscribe to the myth building that has gotten out of control and is perpetrated by the Ex Patriots that populate nearly every football related show on TV. Most of the time the team wins because Brady makes more plays than the opposing QB or makes a better play then the defenders. Even when they are in seemingly the perfect defense for the play the Patriots are running. Factor in the ridiculous amount of holding, illegal pick plays that the  Patriots get away with because of their reputation , and the fact Defenders are barely allowed to breathe on Brady and thats the difference. Sims put though, subtract Brady from the equation and that team is mostly average most years. Even with BB coaching. 

I think it's the combo of Brady and BB that gives us this nightmare....they are both at the top of their craft....their dynasty would have lasted 5-6 years like the Cowboys or the 49ers if they only had a great QB or a Great HC....their domination is going on 17 years....Brady is great of course, but there's more to it....he doesn't play defense and they've had a few good Ds over the years....their 1st 3 SBs were more because of their D than Brady IMO....

At least the first two were. Then NE decided not to pay defensive stars going into 2nd contracts anymore. They didn't have to with Brady. The only reason it's lasted this long IS Brady. He's still on the same team , and still playing well at 40 ( the rules on hitting QBs are very different than they used to be). BB has stuck around for the ride, instead of riding off into the sunset a la Walsh et al. Heck, even Montana got traded from San Francisco. Just the Bills fans luck, Brady ends up in the East and no one leaves, argues with each other etc. All the things that usually bring a dynasty down. Then add in no good QBs in the AFCE for pretty much the entirety of the run. Just the worst luck has perpetuated this, not anything else. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

45 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ahh the truth comes out. You are a Pats fan. Love is blind, hate is logical. The Falcons were too intimidated to run out the clock on a team they were destroying? Lol. I have zero jealousy about the Patriots. If it were say, the Steelers with Ben or the Packers with Rodgers,many NFL teams actually  I wouldn't mind it at all. Why? I hate the people, the douchey Brady , the curmudgeon Belichick. The personalities are awful. Cannot root for them. A Manning? Sure. Tomlin? Of course. There is simply nothing likeable or enjoyable about these Pats  to inspire anyone to root for the that doesn't reside in Boston. That's about it. 

The fact that I'm a Patriots' fan was never a secret. There's a reason why ex Patriots extoll the organization. 

You don't mind those other teams you mentioned because they don't play the Bills twice each year. The perception among non Patriots fans about Brady and BB is understandable because you only see what B$PN and other outlets only let you see what they want you to see. They don't hear all the interviews with BB and the players. Truth be told, they're boring because they do things close to the vest. All business, no trash talk, no disrespect toward other players and teams, no buffoonery off the field, no dirty plays.. If you call those evidence of "awful" personalities, I'm betting that most others here would take boring and winning over a losing circus atmosphere. 

You can believe all the silliness about NE getting all the calls and getting away with things, and Brady not being able to get touched. Teams regularly tee off on his head and knock him to the ground after the whistle. Since 2009, Brady ranks 24 in the league for roughing the passer calls per attempts. That means he has to drop back a lot of times to get a call. That only shows that you really haven't bee paying attention since Goodell arrived. Goodell has gone out of his way to punish NE for imaginary and minor offenses. That's for another thread though. 

7 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

How many NFL players thought Tyrod being benched was due to race?  You think it was zero?

I can say the best part of a Hostess cupcake is the cream in the middle and I can find someone to say that was racist. /shrug

7 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

The fact that I'm a Patriots' fan was never a secret. There's a reason why ex Patriots extoll the organization. 

You don't mind those other teams you mentioned because they don't play the Bills twice each year. The perception among non Patriots fans about Brady and BB is understandable because you only see what B$PN and other outlets only let you see what they want you to see. They don't hear all the interviews with BB and the players. Truth be told, they're boring because they do things close to the vest. All business, no trash talk, no disrespect toward other players and teams, no buffoonery off the field, no dirty plays.. If you call those evidence of "awful" personalities, I'm betting that most others here would take boring and winning over a losing circus atmosphere. 

You can believe all the silliness about NE getting all the calls and getting away with things, and Brady not being able to get touched. Teams regularly tee off on his head and knock him to the ground after the whistle. Since 2009, Brady ranks 24 in the league for roughing the passer calls per attempts. That means he has to drop back a lot of times to get a call. That only shows that you really haven't bee paying attention since Goodell arrived. Goodell has gone out of his way to punish NE for imaginary and minor offenses. That's for another thread though. 

Go enjoy the Pats boards. I wouldn't care if the Bills did play those teams twice a year. The characters ( i.e.players) involved with the Pats are unlikeable. The division is irrelevant. The Bills haven't been good anyway. Doesn't change who those people are. Football is entertainment, and I don't like the Pats personalities. Put Peyton or Eli or Rodgers on the Pats, and it d be different. Cheers. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

5 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself...

If I was what you say I am, I'd be full of glee with the butthurt responses, I am not.

I'm not butthurt.  It's a little disheartening that, in this day and age, someone would create an account on this forum for the sole purpose of stirring racial ****.

But, like I said, things will take care of themselves.  Keep doing what you're doing.