Belichick doesn't allow team celebrations

T-Bomb

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don't think he's the greatest, and I don't see any connection between being a great HC and celebrations. Most of his victories are due to Tom Brady, although I think BB is an excellent defensive coach. Remove Brady, and BB's place in the NFL coaching hierarchy is quite different. Probably closer to what his record was pre-Brady. 

He went 11-5 the year Brady was out and 3-1 when he was suspended. He runs everything thing on that team and is why they have been so consistent.

You could say that about any coach, how great would Marv have been with out Jim.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

1 minute ago, T-Bomb said:

lol, it was sarcasm, gosh...

i know, just letting you know it did not come up.  I dont really watch the pressers after the games so dont know what happened, just know what I saw.  Gronk will be spiking the ball next week with his teammates.  maybe Bill just does not like them taking it overboard like riding one another. 

11 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don't think he's the greatest, and I don't see any connection between being a great HC and celebrations. Most of his victories are due to Tom Brady, although I think BB is an excellent defensive coach. Remove Brady, and BB's place in the NFL coaching hierarchy is quite different. Probably closer to what his record was pre-Brady. 

Two rings without Brady. He's the reason the Bills don't have one.

Edited by Kemp

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

i know, just letting you know it did not come up.  I dont really watch the pressers after the games so dont know what happened, just know what I saw.  Gronk will be spiking the ball next week with his teammates.  maybe Bill just does not like them taking it overboard like riding one another. 

No, the actual text in brackets was the sarcasm, but I guess it was too subtle.

I don't normally watch Gronk's pressers either, but it became news, because he made it look/sound like him or someone else is going to get into trouble for that group celebration.

1 minute ago, T-Bomb said:

No, the actual text in brackets was the sarcasm, but I guess it was too subtle.

I don't normally watch Gronk's pressers either, but it became news, because he made it look/sound like him or someone else is going to get into trouble for that group celebration.

hahahaha, i thought you were trying to insert the photo lolololol

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Tyrod created it; not the media.

But it became a news story right? With many a commentator picking up on it.  And, why did Sherman care at all that Tyrod was benched?  Would he have been tweeting about it if Tyrod was white and Peterman were black?  Or would he be ok with the QB change in that situation? And what would be his reasoning?

This is what I'm pondering.

And in this day and age, I feel this is a legitimate line of questioning.

Edited by T-Bomb

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

ESPN took a month old quote from Tyrod, implied something that wasn't tjhere and applied it to the benching, ESPN created the story imo.

This is true.

However, he made the quote in the first place, bringing race into his situation - which had/has nothing to do with anything except ineptitude.

Just now, T-Bomb said:

But it became a news story right? with many a commentator picking up on it.  And, why did Sherman care at all that Tyrod was benched?  Would he have been tweeting about it if Tyrod was white and Peterman were black?  Or would he be ok with the QB change in that situation? And what would be his reasoning?

This is what I'm pondering.

You're not pondering anything.  You're trying to turn something like TD celebrations into a racial discussion ... which inevitably turns into a racial dispute ... which you will have created.

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ummm if you are talking about as Head Coach , which is what we're discussing here then no. As I said he is a great defensive coach , but as a head coach he was around .500 sans Brady. 

Ummm, one could argue that Brady has no rings without this coach. 

I know it pains you and some others, but this is a combo of the greatest qb playing for the greatest coach. No coach wins with bad players.

Who is a better coach, and why?

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

he has this thing with racism 

Actually I don't specifically, I have a thing with the current climate we find ourselves in.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

You're not pondering anything.  You're trying to turn something like TD celebrations into a racial discussion ... which inevitably turns into a racial dispute ... which you will have created.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong.  Race baiting is easy, so easy the media does it for clicks.  This is the whole point of the discussion.  It's a similar discussion to the anthem protests, but it seems a lot of ppl can't discuss it without getting upset.

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

What I'm getting at is, does Belichick "get away with it" due to all the winning?  None of his players are going to insinuate anything racial because they have the best chance to get a SB ring being on that team.  I'm just pondering what would happen if McDermott did the same thing, I'm betting he'd face some tweets from Richard Sherman insinuating he's a racist white coach, and I'm betting that would lead to some media pundits weighing in.

Just a thought experiment.

I don't think McDermott would get called "racist" by any intelligent person. Just knucklehead race baiters like those over at B$PN. Belichick wants his players to be methodical and business like. This means doing things HIS way, or rather, "The Patriot Way." It means you stay out of trouble on and off the field. (Brandon Spikes lied about the details of his car accident after leaving Buffalo for NE and was cut). You "do your job" on the field. (Fumble the ball and you'll be benched). Don't be a distraction and don't allow distractions. (The made up Deflategate scandal and Brady's suspension? They didn't miss a beat). BB just wants players to act like they've been in the end zone before.

When the NFL world sees the immense success of the Patriots, it's difficult to argue with BB's rules. Of course, he has the cache to back it up.