Belichick doesn't allow team celebrations

T-Bomb

You can't watch ESPN before too long they will pick up, generate, fabricate something about racism.  Give a lot of "credit" to Kapernick, look at the months and months of attention he received   Ironically enough I would say the NFL was about as racist free an environment as you could imagine, we dont care what color you are just win.  Considering the racial structure,  it was a remarkably  peaceful coexistence for  a long time......despite the white Commissioner handing out absurd penalties for irrelevant out of the workplace violations....., most of the owners, fans,  and refs are white whereas most of the players, the real product is AA. No wonder someone could think TT's benching and banning team celebrations were racially driven.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Still wondering what would qualify banning group celebrations as racist while allowing solo celebrations is not. 

I agree with you, it should NOT be considered racism, fully agree.

What I am speculating is, it would not be seen that way by everyone, and McDermott would get a beat down for it, while Belichick gets away with it due to winning.

Edited by T-Bomb
spelling

19 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

The players buy in and it works. I hate Belichick but I also respect the control and discipline he has over his team

Sure he's a great coach. But that's not the only winning coaching style. I love the Pete Carroll types that have fun with it. Let's just agree we hate Belichick.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Sure he's a great coach. But that's not the only winning coaching style. I love the Pete Carroll types that have fun with it. Let's just agree we hate Belichick.

You're right that different styles work

But I would rather have a coach have control of his team like a Belichick, opposed to a coach we had here the last couple years who pretty much let his players do whatever they want. Lol.

But yes I'm more than happy to agree on your last point lol

23 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

What I'm getting at is, does Belichick "get away with it" due to all the winning?  None of his players are going to insinuate anything racial because they have the best chance to get a SB ring being on that team.  I'm just pondering what would happen if McDermott did the same thing, I'm betting he'd face some tweets from Richard Sherman insinuating he's a racist white coach, and I'm betting that would lead to some media pundits weighing in.

Just a thought experiment.

I suppose. Winning sure cures a lot. I still think it would be a mega stretch to call racism in response to celebrations, as it was with the benching of tyrod.

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Didnt gronk have a team celebration when he scored yesterday? Had his team members brush off a spot on the ground for him to throw his spike at, or does that not count?

And it looks like he's going to get into trouble for it...

Just now, teef said:

I suppose. Winning sure cures a lot. I still think it would be a mega stretch to call racism in response to celebrations, as it was with the benching of tyrod.

I agree, it would be a stretch, but I would not put it past the sports media, and sure not past social media.

3 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

And it looks like he's going to get into trouble for it...

I agree, it would be a stretch, but I would not put it past the sports media, and sure not past social media.

So white coach is going to punish white player for team celebration is racism? Or are you saying Belicheck wouldnt do this to his non white players and therefore that is racist?

44 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Is he the only coach who is "allowed" to do this without losing his players or creating shouts of racism from twitter?

What would happen if McDermott didn't allow team celebrations?  Would he be considered a racist coach?

why would patriot players even think of shouting racism?

Because New England has a number of white players at skill positions and Bill B inappropriately assumes all white people can’t dance and therefore shouldn’t be allowed to celebrate because of the poor dancing that would happen? 

I’m sure whatever he does is for good reason and there is probably a physiological or Team based element and there is unlikely 1 iota of any race based supposition... and I don’t expect it would different of any other coach for that matter. 

7 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

So white coach is going to punish white player for team celebration is racism? Or are you saying Belicheck wouldnt do this to his non white players and therefore that is racist?

No, what I'm talking about is media reaction if McDermott were to impose a no group celebrations rule.

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m sure whatever he does is for good reason and there is probably a physiological or Team based element and there is unlikely 1 iota of any race based supposition... and I don’t expect it would different of any other coach for that matter. 

See, I guess I would expect there to be rumblings.

I would almost expect twitter comments from the likes of Richard Sherman insinuating it was a way to keep black players from expressing themselves, then the media cycle on the story begins etc. 

Edited by T-Bomb

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

Is he the only coach who is "allowed" to do this without losing his players or creating shouts of racism from twitter?

What would happen if McDermott didn't allow team celebrations?  Would he be considered a racist coach?

I wish all coaches didn't allow those ridiculous flaming sideshows.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Please enlighten the board as to how not allowing team celebrations could be considered racist. I'd love to hear that one. 

You're allowed to do the chicken dance but not the twerk.

;)

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Another reason Belly is the greatest.

I don't think he's the greatest, and I don't see any connection between being a great HC and celebrations. Most of his victories are due to Tom Brady, although I think BB is an excellent defensive coach. Remove Brady, and BB's place in the NFL coaching hierarchy is quite different. Probably closer to what his record was pre-Brady.