Belichick doesn't allow team celebrations

T-Bomb

16 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

When you declare victimhood virtuous and make it a marker of social currency don't be surprised when people start to manufacture victimhood.

Very nice, very well said.

Someone who understands, wow.

Edited by T-Bomb

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

So what? It's a small sample size, as Brady hasn't missed many games. It's far easier to keep the ship afloat for a few games here and there. Making all the decisions means what? The main thing is the Pats got extraordinarily lucky on a 6th round flyer of a draft pick. One that even they barely wanted, and had no idea about because even TB himself thought he was going to be a training camp cut before they had some injuries at QB. It's not a stretch to say BB doesn't have nearly that success with any other player at the QB position. Period. He was a middling HC (as are many former Coordinators ) before Brady arrived. What many consider the best ever at the QB position can do that for a coach. 

Hasn't every HOF coach had a great QB? Or been surrounded by HOF players?

It also isn't a stretch to claim that BB made Brady as much as Brady made BB. Marv Levy was 31-42 in KC. Kelly (and several HOFers) comes along and suddenly Levy is a great coach. Look at Landry, Noll, Johnson, Parcells, Lombardi, or any other great coach. You don't think that BB couldn't bring the current collection of Bills' players to the playoffs? I'll bet he could.

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Brady no doubt a big factor since he's the GOAT, but the Patriots are the model franchise for the NFL and pro sports in general for their meticulous attention to detail. Also why Hoodie is in a class by himself in terms of coaching.

I know Bills fans hate to concede this but it's simply the reality whether you hate the pats or not.

If anyone should know it, it’s us Bills fans.  Hoodie was a victorious nemesis before TB could even Drive.  

58 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Your answer shows your hatred is so deep that you can see nothing else.

Yes, there are many better coaches than Belichick.

Loony_Header_2.jpg

No, it doesn't. Rather, it shows an objectivity not seen in the media with their Patriots worship and pandering to a large market sports city. Nor in self absorbed Patriots fans who feel entitled to the best of everything NFL football has to offer. It's so obvious that Brady is the key to Belichicks success that it's barely worth mentioning. Unless of course, one believes more in Xs and Os than Jimmys and Joes. But then, no Coach can win without good players. Again, it's really obvious. He's along for the ride with his lucky find , and the ride ends when Brady leaves. Maybe you think Brady will still be playing good football when he is 51, so who knows? 

9 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Hasn't every HOF coach had a great QB? Or been surrounded by HOF players?

It also isn't a stretch to claim that BB made Brady as much as Brady made BB. Marv Levy was 31-42 in KC. Kelly (and several HOFers) comes along and suddenly Levy is a great coach. Look at Landry, Noll, Johnson, Parcells, Lombardi, or any other great coach. You don't think that BB couldn't bring the current collection of Bills' players to the playoffs? I'll bet he could.

Hmmm so Brady wouldn't be great without BB? He just happened to land with a Coach who " made him" so? Doesn't add up. The numbers say that BB was a mediocrity as a HC until he stumbled onto his great QB. One that no one saw coming, or he would have been drafted far earlier. Could BB bring the current Bills to the playoffs?  Maybe, but so could other Coaches ( they are alive for a WC spot right now, under a rookie HC that jettisoned talent) they'd still be a flawed group and wouldn't go far. . The fact remains he hasn't made the playoffs in New England without Brady. He's also lost SuperBowls when his prized QB was neutralized. And AFC title games as well. It's pretty apparent the formula depends on Brady winning them games. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

No, it doesn't. Rather, it shows an objectivity not seen in the media with their Patriots worship and pandering to a large market sports city. Nor in self absorbed Patriots fans who feel entitled to the best of everything NFL football has to offer. It's so obvious that Brady is the key to Belichicks success that it's barely worth mentioning. Unless of course, one believes more in Xs and Os than Jimmys and Joes. But then, no Coach can win without good players. Again, it's really obvious. He's along for the ride with his lucky find , and the ride ends when Brady leaves. Maybe you think Brady will still be playing good football when he is 51, so who knows? 

Hmmm so Brady wouldn't be great without BB? He just happened to land with a Coach who " made him" so? Doesn't add up. The numbers say that BB was a mediocrity as a HC until he stumbled onto his great QB. One that no one saw coming, or he would have been drafted far earlier. Could BB bring the current Bills to the playoffs?  Maybe, but so could other Coaches ( they are alive for a WC spot right now, under a rookie HC that jettisoned talent) they'd still be a flawed group and wouldn't go far. . The fact remains he hasn't made the playoffs in New England without Brady. He's also lost SuperBowls when his prized QB was neutralized. And AFC title games as well. It's pretty apparent the formula depends on Brady winning them games. 

Look, I understand that blind jealousy of NE's success coupled with Buffalo's futility have made many people lose their objectivity and perspective in matters pertaining to the NFL. There is little objectivity regarding Brady and BB. People either love them or hate them based on their level of jealousy. Pittsburgh in the 70s, SF in the 80s, Dallas in the 90s for example. Nearly every media outlet continuously bashes the Brady, BB, and the entire Patriots' organization. Including much of the local media! Every time NE loses a game there's the inevitable "Brady's finished!" cries and BB is asked about benching him. All moronic.

Without Bledsoe getting hurt, Brady might have never seen the field. BB takes players of other teams' scrap heaps and wins SBs with them. Offensive players, defensive players, and special teamers. These players were nothing before they got to NE and did nothing after they left. Look at the stupid coaching decisions each and every week. Poor play calling. Ridiculous clock mis-management. Lack of disciplined players. Remember the Rex years in Buffalo? No self-control or situational awareness. 

2014 SB vs Seattle. Coaching allowed the Patriots to sub in Butler, who immediately recognized that Lynch wasn't going to get the football. How did he know? BB had the Pats prepare for that exact play in this exact situation. SB against the Falcons. Settling for a FG while being pummeled instead of going for it on fourth down. Most coaches panic there and the game would have been over.

As far as losing those SBs. It took 2 miracle plays, a missed "in the grasp" call, injuries, a dropped pass to Welker, and a never before seen intentional grounding call for NE to lose. 

4 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Is he the only coach who is "allowed" to do this without losing his players or creating shouts of racism from twitter?

What would happen if McDermott didn't allow team celebrations?  Would he be considered a racist coach?

...sure is a racist......never saw ONE ounce of celebration during his FIVE Lombardis......put your RACE card away....you played the JOKER.....Jesus, I've heard it all.......

13 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Look, I understand that blind jealousy of NE's success coupled with Buffalo's futility have made many people lose their objectivity and perspective in matters pertaining to the NFL. There is little objectivity regarding Brady and BB. People either love them or hate them based on their level of jealousy. Pittsburgh in the 70s, SF in the 80s, Dallas in the 90s for example. Nearly every media outlet continuously bashes the Brady, BB, and the entire Patriots' organization. Including much of the local media! Every time NE loses a game there's the inevitable "Brady's finished!" cries and BB is asked about benching him. All moronic.

Without Bledsoe getting hurt, Brady might have never seen the field. BB takes players of other teams' scrap heaps and wins SBs with them. Offensive players, defensive players, and special teamers. These players were nothing before they got to NE and did nothing after they left. Look at the stupid coaching decisions each and every week. Poor play calling. Ridiculous clock mis-management. Lack of disciplined players. Remember the Rex years in Buffalo? No self-control or situational awareness. 

2014 SB vs Seattle. Coaching allowed the Patriots to sub in Butler, who immediately recognized that Lynch wasn't going to get the football. How did he know? BB had the Pats prepare for that exact play in this exact situation. SB against the Falcons. Settling for a FG while being pummeled instead of going for it on fourth down. Most coaches panic there and the game would have been over.

As far as losing those SBs. It took 2 miracle plays, a missed "in the grasp" call, injuries, a dropped pass to Welker, and a never before seen intentional grounding call for NE to lose. 

I don't count the Manningham catch as a miracle play: it was a well-thrown ball by a good QB to a pretty good receiver, and it was right on the money--very catchable. It was just a good, well-executed football play; nothing more, nothing less. No one did anything crazy on that play.

You are obviously a Patriots worshipper, blinded by your love and devotion to all things Brady and Belichick to view anything but praise with a jaundiced eye. It took two miracles for the Patriots to win the SB vs SEA: the moronic decision not to hand the ball off to Lynch or have Wilson beat any Pats defender to the pylon on a keeper. Butler guessed on the playcall correctly but it took a bad pass for his moment of glory , and SEA could easlily have used that formation to " fool" the D and then run the ball. The other miracle was ATL having an absolute imbecile of an OC who decided to try to show off in what was already a convincing a$$ whipping of the Pats by refusing to run the ball for the better part of the final 18 minutes. While up by multiple TDs! A bigger gift was never given in pro football history. Blaming a missed call ( forgetting the myriad BS calls the Pats received all season and in the SB as well) or a dropped pass ( the Giants were simply better) Brady being a giant wuss that doesn't like being hit playing football is weak. Very weak. And the grounding call was absolutely grounding. Inarguable call and an obvious one. On the first posession, nonetheless . I'm sure you think that the " tuck rule" call vs OAK was a good one as well. Go back to your Pats board. 

21 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't count the Manningham catch as a miracle play: it was a well-thrown ball by a good QB to a pretty good receiver, and it was right on the money--very catchable. It was just a good, well-executed football play; nothing more, nothing less. No one did anything crazy on that play.

It was a great throw and catch by a Demi- God of a QB that drove his team for a winning TD twice to slay the evil empire and set the football world free for an entire offseason and then some. GREAT drives that deserve a special fondness in the hearts of football fans everywhere. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

You are obviously a Patriots worshipper, blinded by your love and devotion to all things Brady and Belichick to view anything but praise with a jaundiced eye. It took two miracles for the Patriots to win the SB vs SEA: the moronic decision not to hand the ball off to Lynch or have Wilson beat any Pats defender to the pylon on a keeper. Butler guessed on the playcall correctly but it took a bad pass for his moment of glory , and SEA could easlily have used that formation to " fool" the D and then run the ball. The other miracle was ATL having an absolute imbecile of an OC who decided to try to show off in what was already a convincing a$$ whipping of the Pats by refusing to run the ball for the better part of the final 18 minutes. While up by multiple TDs! A bigger gift was never given in pro football history. Blaming a missed call ( forgetting the myriad BS calls the Pats received all season and in the SB as well) or a dropped pass ( the Giants were simply better) Brady being a giant wuss that doesn't like being hit playing football is weak. Very weak. And the grounding call was absolutely grounding. Inarguable call and an obvious one. On the first posession, nonetheless . I'm sure you think that the " tuck rule" call vs OAK was a good one as well. Go back to your Pats board. 

...and if WE had been in those spots and had to make room on the shelf for THOSE Lombardis, you'd demand an asterisk next to BUFFALO's tainted and lucky "W's" in the SB history books.... got it.....

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and if WE had been in those spots and had to make room on the shelf for THOSE Lombardis, you'd demand an asterisk next to BUFFALO's tainted and lucky "W's" in the SB history books.... got it.....

Who's We? I don't play or coach in the NFL. Thanks for putting words in my mouth and twisting what I said. Perhaps you should follow the entire response to that posters logic that the Giants beating the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl was pure luck and took a miracle or multiple miracles to happen. He blamed officiating, dropped passes and missed calls for the Patriots failures. A big stretch. I merely pointed out that a bizarre decision that 99.9% of the time wouldn't have been made and an OC that forgot to run the clock when up by multiple TDs with not a lot of time left enabled the Pats. Has zero to do with the Bills, thank you but it works both ways. Unless you are a Pats fan. Thanks for playing, though. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

4 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Is he the only coach who is "allowed" to do this without losing his players or creating shouts of racism from twitter?

What would happen if McDermott didn't allow team celebrations?  Would he be considered a racist coach?

Don't you have to make a big play for a team celebration! :)
I guess Darth Hoodie can set his own rules due to success.  

I'd be glad to trade celebrations for rings any day.

5 minutes ago, dulles said:

Don't you have to make a big play for a team celebration! :)
I guess Darth Hoodie can set his own rules due to success.  

I'd be glad to trade celebrations for rings any day.

Are celebrations not conducive to rings? Seems the fun bunch celebrated and won the SB as well. In what world are they mutually exclusive? Strange and illogical take. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Are celebrations not conducive to rings? Seems the fun bunch celebrated and won the SB as well. In what world are they mutually exclusive? Strange and illogical take. 

I didn't say they were.  I said that I'd trade team celebrations for rings.  I didn't say that we should ban celebrations so we can get rings. 

Strange and illogical reply?

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Who's We? I don't play or coach in the NFL. Thanks for putting words in my mouth and twisting what I said. Perhaps you should follow the entire response to that posters logic that the Giants beating the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl was pure luck and took a miracle or multiple miracles to happen. He blamed officiating, dropped passes and missed calls for the Patriots failures. A big stretch. I merely pointed out that a bizarre decision that 99.9% of the time wouldn't have been made and an OC that forgot to run the clock when up by multiple TDs with not a lot of time left enabled the Pats. Has zero to do with the Bills, thank you but it works both ways. Unless you are a Pats fan. Thanks for playing, though. 

..WE as in the Bills...my impression and interpretation was you found the Pats SB victories tainted.....and was just saying after 0-4 in SB appearances and OH fer 17 drought, I/we/Buffalo would take "tainted" no matter what.......what did I miss?.....am I a Pats fan?...why the hell would I be in YEAR FIFTY-FIVE of following the Bills?....masochism? ...probably......at the same time, it is hard to deny the successes of organizations like the Steelers (6 Lombardis) and the Pats (5), right?....JUST ONE before I die would do me fine...ONE......................

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..WE as in the Bills...my impression and interpretation was you found the Pats SB victories tainted.....and was just saying after 0-4 in SB appearances and OH fer 17 drought, I/we/Buffalo would take "tainted" no matter what.......what did I miss?.....am I a Pats fan?...why the hell would I be in YEAR FIFTY-FIVE of following the Bills?....masochism? ...probably......at the same time, it is hard to deny the successes of organizations like the Steelers (6 Lombardis) and the Pats (5), right?....JUST ONE before I die would do me fine...ONE......................

Oh, I would take one for sure, regardless of the circumstances. Just many Pats fans can't give credit where it's due, or admit when an opposing Coach makes a tremendous gaffe that just doesn't happen often in football. They'd rather argue that what the Officials missed, or called , or some other " miracle" deprived them of what was rightfully theirs. 

11 minutes ago, dulles said:

I didn't say they were.  I said that I'd trade team celebrations for rings.  I didn't say that we should ban celebrations so we can get rings. 

Strange and illogical reply?

It seemed implied. 

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Oh, I would take one for sure, regardless of the circumstances. Just many Pats fans can't give credit where it's due, or admit when an opposing Coach makes a tremendous gaffe that just doesn't happen often in football. They'd rather argue that what the Officials missed, or called , or some other " miracle" deprived them of what was rightfully theirs. 

It seemed implied. 

....so we're on the same page as I thought bud......Pats fans look at it as an entitlement......if it doesn't happen, they got screwed......we sure as hell took OUR lumps gracefully in the OH fer 4 run.....I'd rank the classiest organizations with multiple SB victories as a dead heat between Steelers and Niners......

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If anyone should know it, it’s us Bills fans.  Hoodie was a victorious nemesis before TB could even Drive.  

Some younger or more casual Bills fans probably don't realize our nightmares against Belichik began in the our first SB when he was Parcells DC with the Giants and came up with the perfect gameplan to stop the best offense in the NFL.

I believe the Bills were at least 12 point favorites in that game and it should have never come down to the 'wide right' last minute field goal. Just goes to show that Hoodies has been toying with the Bills (and entire NFL) for almost 30 years now.

36 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It was a great throw and catch by a Demi- God of a QB that drove his team for a winning TD twice to slay the evil empire and set the football world free for an entire offseason and then some. GREAT drives that deserve a special fondness in the hearts of football fans everywhere. 

You are obviously a Patriots hater, blinded by your jealousy and disgust to all things Brady and Belichick to view anything but condemnation with a prejudiced eye. The only reason Seattle was in position at the goal line was due to yet another miracle catch by the Seahawks. Look up the stats for Lynch that season on goal to go from the one. 1 TD in 5 attempts. It's also widely documented that Butler immediately recognized the play that led to the INT. After the INT, Seattle's D had a meltdown of stupid penalties due to poor coaching and lack of discipline and accountability. Seattle's D is still suffering from that lack of personal and team accountability. Atlanta's poor coaching, due to intimidation, led to those boneheaded decisions. Had the Falcons been playing ANY other team, they still would have won the game.

We can go on and on about the Tuck Rule. Yes, it was a dumb rule, but a rule (called correctly) nonetheless. It wasn't eliminated for several years afterwards BTW. NE gets screwed by the refs just as much as every other team. They get called for fewer penalties because....... yup, they are better coached. Gronk is mauled on every play, but it's never called. Brady gets pummeled after the whistle game after game and people wonder why he complains.

GB has Rodgers, but poor coaching holds his team back. Trip Tomlin has been holding the Steelers back for years. Great coaching has allowed Eli to win 2 rings. The list goes on.

I also never read the Pats board. I'm not even a member. There's never anything there that I don't already know.