Tre' White Got the Call from Deion

26CornerBlitz

It was a great play by White, awesome to hear him talk about how he knew it was coming from film study and used that knowledge to ice the game! He's been this way since day one at LSU and his attitude/ethic has carried over to the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Tre could teach Deion how to tackle.

Tre could teach 80% of CBs to tackle!

Question on the interception and Tre trying to run it back.....

Should he have slid and given himself up to avoid fumbling and a turnover?

I know it isn't human nature and probably didn't cross his mind till after.  But, that is ideally what should have happened to ensure the win?

Thoughts?  Thanks!

Edited by Manther
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Manther said:

I know it isn't human nature and probably didn't cross his mind till after.  But, that is ideally what should have happened to ensure the win?

Thoughts?  Thanks!

I think eh would have given himself up if he had tacklers all around him.  But he had lots of room to run on this so I'm okay with it.

8 minutes ago, Manther said:

Thoughts?  Thanks!

Damn right he should have. No matter if someone was around him or not, fumbling there is an obvious blunder, as is scoring a TD. Falling on it, game over !!!

Score a TD, KC can run the kick back, recover an onside kick, and have the ball back with a minute to go with a chance to win the game. 

McD loves to talk about situational football, that was the exact opposite of situational football.

BTW, pretty sure people a mile away from my house heard me screaming "go down" during that entire return!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Manther said:

Thoughts?  Thanks!

I kept yelling at the screen for him to just go down, but I get what he was trying to do.

Still happy he saved the day for us.

19 minutes ago, Manther said:

Thoughts?  Thanks!

I hear ya, but on a team that is ultra conservative to a fault, I was jumping and shouting hoping he would make that a pick 6. Good for him for trying to go out in style.

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Damn right he should have. No matter if someone was around him or not, fumbling there is an obvious blunder, as is scoring a TD. Falling on it, game over !!!

Score a TD, KC can run the kick back, recover an onside kick, and have the ball back with a minute to go with a chance to win the game. 

You let all that happen you deserve to lose.  I'm sure at least part of that is personal stats too. 

Think of the play where KC went for it on 4th, threw the ball 30-40 yards down field and our DB tries to make a diving interception.  Now That's not awareness

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for all your thoughts.  I think he should have slid too.  

Its seems similar to catching a foul ball in baseball by a fan in an important and/or playoff game when the home team can make an out instead of the fan catching it.  At the beginning of the game (the fan may) state if a foul ball is coming I will lay off it and let my team make the catch.  But, when the game is happening live, you forget, get excited, human nature takes over and you try to catch it?!

Hope that makes sense.  And, yes fans think of this scenario in baseball more since the Bargman catch at Wrigley!

Go Bills!

1 minute ago, MarkyMannn said:

You let all that happen you deserve to lose.  I'm sure at least part of that is personal stats too. 

Think of the play where KC went for it on 4th, threw the ball 30-40 yards down field and our DB tries to make a diving interception.  Now That's not awareness

Another fan was saying the same thing to me on that play.

While I agree that you are both correct, it's difficult to fault Poyer for what he was trying to do.

Yes it was 4th down, but it's difficult for a DB to just let the ball just fall to the ground incomplete. It was instinctive of him to go for the ball, as it would have been for any DB.

30 minutes ago, Manther said:

Thoughts?  Thanks!

Ya he should have given himself up. The game is over if he drops down as the Bills just had to take the knee twice.

I'm sure the coaches will talk to him about that.

Either way, amazing game by him and the defence