First segment of WGR morning show today

Big Blitz

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not a big Tyrod guy... but I absolutely agree with the sentiment of the OP. I am even less a Peterman guy and as far as I am concerned that Tyrod is the best we have is absolutely freaking obvious! 

I think we now have sufficient evidence to suggest that the HC and FO have come to the conclusion that Tyrod is not the long term answer and that was all I was ever concerned about.... that this team didn't tie itself to a QB with the flaws Tyrod has. 

Therefore it should be easy from this point. We roll with Tyrod the next 5 weeks (or hopefully at least 6) and we hope he does enough to help us break the drought. Then we all shift focus to who the Bills are going to select as the face of the franchise going forward. 

There is no need for any more back and forth at this stage. Whether you are pro Tyrod or anti Tyrod... a CoTer or a Hater.... this is the reality. We all know where things stand. 

That's not the end of it though.

Someone has to play QB next year.

Starting a rookie on day one sounds good in theory but if it turns into a disaster that's a job security issue for the HC.

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Starting a rookie on day one sounds good in theory but if it turns into a disaster that's a job security issue for the HC.

Not sure why folks are afraid of keeping the guy around another year until the draft prospect can beat him out, all while the team is getting better around them.

4 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Not sure why folks are afraid of keeping the guy around another year until the draft prospect can beat him out, all while the team is getting better around them.

Fear of Tyrod proving difficult to beat out.

I'm about competition..........the lack of it didn't help JP or Trent or EJ.

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's funny, really. He's "easy to upgrade" and "sucks". Or he's "a backup at best". But yet he's also good enough that you don't lose enough games to get a premium pick, and if you keep him it's really unfair to expect a rookie to beat him out for the starting position.

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I am as well. We'll know for sure the kid has worthy potential atleast once the switch happens, if done honestly.

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Not at all. 

Its because our offensive coordinator blows and doesn't adjust his offense to the strength of its players.... along with McDermott loving Jauron ball when he has the lead. 

Long ways from top 7 in scoring from last season. 

Even the two years with Rex, we were still a conservative,  run the ball, defend the lead offence.  The only difference is the OC was much better at designing the running game.  The passing game was an afterthought.  Now the offense as a whole seems like an afterthought.

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And I am still okay with that being Tyrod (as long as a Rook didn't beat him out fair and square in camp). I don't however think it HAS to be Tyrod and I suspect his camp might want to think about moving on. 

Tyrod is good as gone from this team.

The fact that the HC benched him while the team had a winning record and was in playoff position tells you how the team feels about him. IF an OC came in and designed an entire offense around him it wouldn't matter. His career stats are pretty much the same as what he has done this year. This is his ceiling.

He's not awful. But he's too easy to stop because he lacks accuracy on the throws a QB needs to make consistently. He sees half the field and takes zero chances because he knows he cannot afford to start throwing picks.

12 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Thank you defense.    

Wgr is 100% right 

I concur.

OP ...You might have felt better listening to schop and the bad dog talkin' TT fashion on the afternoon show.

Edited by Albwan

Dennison is the death of offenses.

Denver had a record setting offense the year before he got there and decided to make an old crippled QB line up under center and start running around with the ball. He started taking huge hits that he never used to take and the offense imploded. Manning didn't lose the ability to play in 7 months. Dennison decided to take what worked and change everything.

Buffalo had an offense that was pretty solid the year before he got here, and he decided to repeat his mistake and force his system on yet another QB who is not suited for it. Change the run blocking schemes.

It's a pattern. Plus he has zero situational playcalling ability. There is no flow or rhythm. Everything is to set up the punt.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Tyrod is a qb that the bills should make a real effort to get better then

but

All this talk makes it sound like he is not a NFL quarterback which could not be further from the truth.   He just isn't a franchise guy.

Please re-write this sentence in English.

Thank you.