First segment of WGR morning show today

Big Blitz

1 hour ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

nothing they said is incorrect.  The offense was terrible.  The Bill step up in class this week and will get crushed .  Luckily three winnable games remain.  

Taylor has to go .  

So why is there no talk about the garbage game Shady had yesterday?  49 yards on 22 carries?!  Wow!!  Barely 2.3 YPC.  Does he shoulder some blame?  Was that on Tyrod too?  Or was that the fault of the Oline?  We know they suck yet Taylor's the ultimate reason the Bills don't put up big numbers apparently.  Does Rico get a pass as well?  He's the guy that calls the plays?  People are so obsessed with blaming Taylor, they can't objectively look at a game and point out the issues.  

3 minutes ago, Bills757 said:

So why is there no talk about the garbage game Shady had yesterday?  49 yards on 22 carries?!  Wow!!  Barely 2.3 YPC.  Does he shoulder some blame?  Was that on Tyrod too?  Or was that the fault of the Oline?  We know they suck yet Taylor's the ultimate reason the Bills don't put up big numbers apparently.  Does Rico get a pass as well?  He's the guy that calls the plays?  People are so obsessed with blaming Taylor, they can't objectively look at a game and point out the issues.  

Shady was bad yesterday.  He missed more holes yesterday than I have seen him miss since his first season here.  That 2nd and 1 in the 3rd Quarter that Dennison got killed for the call on was a good call and created a lane against a stacked box - Shady just missed it.  

4 minutes ago, Bills757 said:

Tyrod didn't put the ball where Shady wants it on the handoff.  How can he be expected to do anything?

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Last year, not this year. Last year. 

What has changed between this year and last year?

Well then lets take a look at last year.

New England ran about as much as the Bills and weren't bottom of the league in passing and scored a lot.

Atlanta ran just a little less than the Bills (4 less attempts) and weren't bottom of the league in passing and scored a lot.

Pittsburgh ran just a little less than the Bills (4 less attempts) and weren't bottom of the league in passing.

Seattle was in the middle with both.

Oakland was top 15 in both.

In fact, Indy last year threw the ball .8 less than the Bills per game.  We were 30th in passing, they were 6th.  Cincy threw less than us last year, 31st in passing attempts but were 15th in total yards.  

Problem is we are one dimensional.  How many teams now have said "make Tyrod play QB" is the way to beat them?  What does that mean to you?

Howard:  "Beat New England and then you'll have shown me.  Prove you're good by beating New England."

That was probably the best take of the morning.  Beat the team that's probably going to win it all again.  If not.....same old Bills.  

So stupid.  

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Not at all. 

Its because our offensive coordinator blows and doesn't adjust his offense to the strength of its players.... along with McDermott loving Jauron ball when he has the lead. 

Long ways from top 7 in scoring from last season. 

do you think the run game had anything to do with that?

edit:  never mind.  people are already letting you know what's up.

Edited by teef

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Howard:  "Beat New England and then you'll have shown me.  Prove you're good by beating New England."

That was probably the best take of the morning.  Beat the team that's probably going to win it all again.  If not.....same old Bills.  

So stupid.  

^it really is just that simple.  go out and beat the elite teams.     +1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Not at all. 

Its because our offensive coordinator blows and doesn't adjust his offense to the strength of its players.... along with McDermott loving Jauron ball when he has the lead. 

Long ways from top 7 in scoring from last season. 

On what planet were the Bills Top 7 in scoring last season?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not a big Tyrod guy... but I absolutely agree with the sentiment of the OP. I am even less a Peterman guy and as far as I am concerned that Tyrod is the best we have is absolutely freaking obvious! 

I think we now have sufficient evidence to suggest that the HC and FO have come to the conclusion that Tyrod is not the long term answer and that was all I was ever concerned about.... that this team didn't tie itself to a QB with the flaws Tyrod has. 

Therefore it should be easy from this point. We roll with Tyrod the next 5 weeks (or hopefully at least 6) and we hope he does enough to help us break the drought. Then we all shift focus to who the Bills are going to select as the face of the franchise going forward. 

There is no need for any more back and forth at this stage. Whether you are pro Tyrod or anti Tyrod... a CoTer or a Hater.... this is the reality. We all know where things stand. 

Why do you think that this regime hasn't come to the exact same conclusions that you stated with respect to Taylor's current status and long-term status? Most people inside OBD and outside OBD have come to the conclusion that Taylor isn't the long-term qb.  However, I doubt that there will be a qb change if this team stays in contention. 

McDermott made a qb change in the Charger game because he wanted to jolt the offense out of its lassitude. It didn't work; it was a disaster. So he went back to the  starter in the second half and put him back in as the starter. Some people act as if the HC is now contaminated because he took a drastic action to get his cautious qb to be more aggressive. To some extent that qb exchange did make Taylor a little less cautious. 

Tyrod Taylor is a terrific person and earnest player. But he, like any other player, is not immune from being judged based on his performances. And he, like any other player,  is not immune from be substituted for when the coach believes that there needs to be a change. In my view there is too much over-reaction to the benching from inside and outside of the region. A short term change was made and the end result is that the status quo is still in effect. 

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Here's what I've noticed about wgr.... 

Morning show is very much similar to how fans feel in general

Murphy and Jones seem way to optimistic even in the worse of times 

Schoop and bulldog will essentially disagree with every caller, even if the last caller said the exact opposite. Pretty sure schoop just loves to argue 

You nailed it perfectly!

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Here's what I've noticed about wgr.... 

Morning show is very much similar to how fans feel in general

Murphy and Jones seem way to optimistic even in the worse of times 

Schoop and bulldog will essentially disagree with every caller, even if the last caller said the exact opposite. Pretty sure schoop just loves to argue 

morning guys are at least somewhat worth listening to.

Murph and Jones,  paid to be optimistic,   OBD funds their show

3 o'clock rolls around on WGR,  turn it off.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And Carpaccio, another one who supported the Peterman fiasco, cryptically mentioned Tyrod left plays on the field.  

Are we going to continue mentioning the O'leary completion?

Basically agreeing with you here but -

The Bills threw the ball 5 times in the second half. F-I-V-E

That SCREAMS one of 2 things (there are really no OTHER possibilities)

1 - They don't trust TT and the O to continue to produce like they did in the 1st half for some reason

2 - They believe in the philosophy to 'shut it down', punt and let the defense win the game for you when you have a lead on the road.

There is nothing about TT's deficiencies that caused anything in this game beyond (arguably) the completion to O'leary you mentioned.

5 passes in the second half people...

19 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

15th in score percentage.

This season? 16th.

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So not top 7 right?

Since its a point about the QB leading this roster to points,  you have to drop the ej manuel game vs the jets and then it shows we are top 10. Somesht like that. Meh 

1 minute ago, 34-78-83 said:

Basically agreeing with you here but -

The Bills threw the ball 5 times in the second half. F-I-V-E

That SCREAMS one of 2 things (there are really no OTHER possibilities)

1 - They don't trust TT and the O to continue to produce like they did in the 1st half for some reason

2 - They believe in the philosophy to 'shut it down', punt and let the defense win the game for you when you have a lead on the road.

There is nothing about TT's deficiencies that caused anything in this game beyond (arguably) the completion to O'leary you mentioned.

5 passes in the second half people...

5 passes?? Wow. Wtf Dennison.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

7th in points scored with Tyrod Taylor as their starting QB.... before he was benched in the finale against the Jets. 

This year the offensive strategy is get a lead and then go into a shell and punt the ball. 

Your agenda is stronggg.

Points scored accounts for defensive and special teams touchdowns and can be misleading due to number of possessions. Score percentage is a much more accurate measure because it's the percentage of offensive drives that result in an offensive score.

There's no way the Bills were 7th in the NFL in score percentage going into Week 17 last season.

Going into a shell isn't an offensive strategy. It's how our starting QB plays...whether they're ahead or multiple scores behind.