Speculation: is this McCoy's last year with the Bills?

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Did i take it off my board. No. I said positional value. RBs are found all over the draft look at Bell, Kamara, Hunt (i am not going to continue). 

The positional value of the RB position is blah and should never use a 1st round pick on it. 

OJ Simpson is arguably the best player in Bills history, he went what? #1 overall?

Are you telling me if a talent like OJ, Eric Dickerson or Adrian Peterson was there, you wouldn't take them in the first round? Are you being serious or are you just that prideful and stubborn that you won't admit you're taking a stupid position on the matter?

55 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Agreed, but where are we getting a starter quality RB from? I'd rather risk the RB for one more year and draft a QB and a DT, OL, or LB, which are all GLARING needs and pick up a better backup in FA. 

I'm not saying we have to take a RB in the 1st round, I'm just countering the myth that RBs should not be taken in the 1st. We need to draft one, whether we keep Shady McCoy or not, we need one regardless.

RB is one position that can turn around a franchise over night. Only position that can have more of an impact is QB. Now if you have QB situated, I'd give the edge to WR over RB but QB, RB and WR are hands down the most important positions in football. I'm not saying there the only positions that matter but I think it's really important to have superstars at those 3 positions.

On 11/26/2017 at 7:55 PM, Dr.Sack said:

He’s not what he was, but is probably the best runner in the AFC East. I don’t think he’s tough enough physically sometimes where it would be better to lower the helmet and slam it forward for 2-3 yards. Too many negative plays, and dancing and not enough one cut and consistent gains. I’d prefer a back that always gets 3-4 yards per carry. Over a guy who gets stuffed twice for every decent gain. 

Behind this line? We watched that, it's Mike Tolbert. No thanks, I'll stick with Shady. This is nonsense 

I was going to start a thread on how McCoy seems very displeased but might as well add my thoughts and questions on this thread.

During the game, early in the 4th quarter (i believe), McCoy got stuffed by the Dline yet again and got very upset. To me it seemed like he was upset at our Oline (watching from my couch). Then in his post game interview from the locker room, you would think we lost the game if you were to judge the interview by how Shady was responding and answering questions. He sounded depressed and beat.

Idk if I'm the only one who noticed that but Shady is still Shady. Anyone who thinks he should be traded is not really a Bills fan and doesn't care if the Bills succed or not. If Shady goes, the little bit of offense we DO have will go right with him.

Stop the nonsense please. Watkins, Dareus, Darby, Gilmore and others (besides Woods and Gillislee) were let go for cap situations/underperforming. Shady IS the offense. Plain and simple.

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

4 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

I personally think he's overrated so I'm fine if we move on from him.

It depends how the draft board falls, I'm leaning towards we should ride him for another year and have a premier RB behind him to not wear the tread on Shady's tires. He's the big 30 now, he could fall off at any time now but if we use him right, we could possibly extend his career 2-3 more years.

This is hardly breaking news.  If anything, they should have tried to trade him instead of Sammy because of his age and the position he plays.

i wasn't a fan of Shady before the Bills.  Great player but he seemed like an idiot.  But it was a great trade and he really seems more mature.  But he almost deserves to go to a team where defenses cant stack the box to stop him.  With his receiving ability, he has a few productive years left. 

But a trade of him after the season will probably be at his lowest value of his career. It seems to be a specialty of this front office.

• Like (+1) 1

I can't explain it but I had a strange feeling about the team moving on from Shady. I love shady but I get a feeling they want a large powerfull back that can just push forward. It might just be because I want that as well. Shady is a pro and works hard. So I'm not negative on him at all.

I like elusive running backs I just rather have a guy that can power through then a guy that has to dance to get free and risk being caught behind the line.

Edited by Lfod

Instead of trading away our best player on a run first team because he does not yet seem to have hit the rookie wall how about we

Get a RB that actually compliments him and bring his carry number down as he ages.   Cadet seems like a nice player but how about getting Mike G. back when the Pats cut him in the off season?

It is hard to evaluate our offense period when our OL is SOOOOO bad....how about we actually use free agent dollars and a draft pick or two to right this ship in this area.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Instead of trading away our best player on a run first team because he does not yet seem to have hit the rookie wall how about we

Get a RB that actually compliments him and bring his carry number down as he ages.   Cadet seems like a nice player but how about getting Mike G. back when the Pats cut him in the off season?

It is hard to evaluate our offense period when our OL is SOOOOO bad....how about we actually use free agent dollars and a draft pick or two to right this ship in this area.

Wish I could like this post a second time. Letting Mike G. go was a big mistake, we need to do exactly as you say, add a compliment, gradually lower Shady's touches and have a dominant running game for the next 2 years. Invest heavy into OL. By the time we finally do get a QB, we'll have a dominant run game and OL to support him.

7 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Wish I could like this post a second time. Letting Mike G. go was a big mistake, we need to do exactly as you say, add a compliment, gradually lower Shady's touches and have a dominant running game for the next 2 years. Invest heavy into OL. By the time we finally do get a QB, we'll have a dominant run game and OL to support him.

Letting Mike G go was a good move.  He's done almost nothing with the Cheaters and hasn't justified the contract they gave him.  Not replacing him with someone decent was the mistake, but the Bills didn't lose any games because of the backup RB position.  I do think that Cadet might be a good replacement for Mike G, but it's hard to tell because the OL is a problem. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/26/2017 at 6:47 PM, Theshallowcross said:

Shady is fine it's the Oline that is trash. 

OL was a strength until they switched to the zone blocking scheme. Plus, Glenn not being consistently in the lineup has made things tough but Dawkins seems like his arrow is pointing up. If he shows enough through the rest of the season I can see them moving on from Glenn and that contract. The right side is where help is needed.

19 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

OJ Simpson is arguably the best player in Bills history, he went what? #1 overall?

Are you telling me if a talent like OJ, Eric Dickerson or Adrian Peterson was there, you wouldn't take them in the first round? Are you being serious or are you just that prideful and stubborn that you won't admit you're taking a stupid position on the matter?

I'm not saying we have to take a RB in the 1st round, I'm just countering the myth that RBs should not be taken in the 1st. We need to draft one, whether we keep Shady McCoy or not, we need one regardless.

RB is one position that can turn around a franchise over night. Only position that can have more of an impact is QB. Now if you have QB situated, I'd give the edge to WR over RB but QB, RB and WR are hands down the most important positions in football. I'm not saying there the only positions that matter but I think it's really important to have superstars at those 3 positions.

Get out of the 1970s generation of football and Graduate to 2017 please 

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Running is still important, unless you have a QB. No QB? Gotta run the football, period. What exactly are the other options?

Got it running is part of a football game. Cool

get your RB in 4th round or below. 

Can get on board with 3rd not before 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Got it running is part of a football game. Cool

get your RB in 4th round or below. 

Can get on board with 3rd not before 

If there was a redraft today, you betcha Alvin Kamara would likely be a top 10 pick.

When you have no QB, WR doesn't matter. Once again, since that's our reality ATM, it makes sense to put a premium on RB. Not some bum draft pick, 1st to 2nd if the right player is there. 

Would you not take a Todd Gurley, Adrian Peterson, Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell or LeSean McCoy if there was a comparable prospect there with our first pick? If you say no, you don't understand football.