Speculation: is this McCoy's last year with the Bills?

PromoTheRobot

29 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

1. He's our best player

2. He has not lost a step

3. He's still under contract 

4. After Spiller I don't see the Bills ever drafting a RB early.

.....NOT going to happen!

I don't post much anymore...no time.  However, I felt a comment was deserved here.  Well said...and so very true.  :beer:

51 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm going to predict the Bills will move on from Shady next year. In fact I'll go as far to predict a RB pick in the Top 2 rounds. I think he's finally showing his age. He's not shot. He just isn't cut on dime anymore.

You should have done a poll.

By the time we are good, Shady will not be a relevant contributor to the team, so the exact timing of when he leaves doesn't really matter.  He'll be gone by the time this team arrives.

Edited by Fadingpain

1 hour ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Unless they trade him, he's here next year.  Will not be released and he has not lost a step.  

He does juke himself out and falls a lot which is silly but he's still a dominate runner.  Cadet did well today too.

Yes, he will be here.  Of course, his production would be higher on a per carry basis if they would stop running him when there are 8 in the box....must have done that 8 times today.  Need to throw when there are 8 in the box, that simple.

Hes still an upper tier rb but i dont think hes quite as elusive as he used to be. But even with that hes still more elusive than mostly everybody else. I wouldnt be shocked at all if he was traded after this year. During this losing streak i was pretty convinced that would be the case too. Either way we need a back after this year

Edited by BillsSbSoon

He’s not what he was, but is probably the best runner in the AFC East. I don’t think he’s tough enough physically sometimes where it would be better to lower the helmet and slam it forward for 2-3 yards. Too many negative plays, and dancing and not enough one cut and consistent gains. I’d prefer a back that always gets 3-4 yards per carry. Over a guy who gets stuffed twice for every decent gain. 

Edited by Dr.Sack
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm going to predict the Bills will move on from Shady next year. In fact I'll go as far to predict a RB pick in the Top 2 rounds. I think he's finally showing his age. He's not shot. He just isn't cut on dime anymore.

Coming into the season I figured the plan was to run Shady until his wheels fell off, then replace him next season. 

Here is how I would figure he will be handled in the off-season. I believe they will approach him about either a restructure or pay cut with the idea that he will not be the lone back next year. I think if he is unwilling to deal, they will cut/trade him and swing with a rookie and possibly Cadet. I believe if something can be worked out McCoy will be back with a rookie backing him up/splitting carries. 

28 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Are you kidding? RB along with QB and WR is one of the most important and high impact positions for a football team.

Sure and dont need high picks to get them either. 

Its called positional value. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure and dont need high picks to get them either. 

Its called positional value. 

Don't need high picks to get any position if you draft well. If a RB is BPA in the 1st round you take him. Obviously if a QB is there that you like, by all means it makes sense but to completely eliminate the idea of taking all RBs in the 1st round based off of position alone is such a dumb statement that I can't even wrap my head around it.

23 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Don't need high picks to get any position if you draft well. If a RB is BPA in the 1st round you take him. Obviously if a QB is there that you like, by all means it makes sense but to completely eliminate the idea of taking all RBs in the 1st round based off of position alone is such a dumb statement that I can't even wrap my head around it.

Except that this regime seems to favor fitting guys into their system over going bpa

24 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

How many times has drafting a RB in the first round been the tried on this team. It is idiotic and the positional galue isnt there. Of course unless your Buffalo how love taking 1st round RBs

I think he’ll be here, but they’ll draft his replacement...

Royce Freeman Oregon

Raashad Penny San Diego St

Josh Adams Notre Dame 

Nick Chubb Georgia 

Justin Crawford West Virginia 

Kerryon Johnson Auburn

there are a bunch of stud RBs this year.... gotta grab a guy to learn from Shady....

Jesus we are fickle...Shady is one of the only good things about this team offensively. If the right side of the line wasn’t a complete dumpster fire and if we hadn’t decided to institute a completely new (horrible) blocking scheme, his numbers would be much better. He has always been a guy that’s going to get stuffed a lot, but he also does amazing things that make you shake your head. And he’s done plenty of them this year.