Bills Chiefs postgame thread

BuffaloBill

9 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

There has to be more to it, no? They gave up like 200 yards on the ground to the jets, who had no semblance of a QB threat. They gave up 300 on the ground to the saints when the saints basically telegraphed on every play that they were going to run.

In the Saints game their players were simply better than our players. They got out-muscled. In the Jets game the defense simply played poorly. If my recall is correct in the Jets game is correct their qb was able to spread the ball around.  

50 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

There has to be more to it, no? They gave up like 200 yards on the ground to the jets, who had no semblance of a QB threat. They gave up 300 on the ground to the saints when the saints basically telegraphed on every play that they were going to run.

I believe they rotated in 2 recently acquired DT's. Seemed to help, as little as it may have been. 

1 hour ago, Comebackkid said:

i think the irrational part was the timing of it...   

A QB that was 0-3 and wasn't showing he was going to take chances doesn't strike me as irrational.  It might have been wrong to do it with the playoffs on the line but it looks like it lit a fire under him to do more with his arm and less with his legs.

Edited by The Wiz

Alex Smith: "Definitely frustrated, for sure" (4:37)

Alex Smith speaks to the media about his frustrations, finding the team's identity and trying to get better each week.

Andy Reid: "Every game is not a perfect game" (4:24)

Andy Reid speaks to the media about starting slow, sticking together and getting ready for the last part of the season.

Chiefs vs. Bills: 8 Observations

Here are some things that stood out Sunday afternoon against the Bills.

5 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

That is exactly what he did.  He didn’t have confidence that the players he has could complete a pass, so he called 3x runs.

You keep saying this and it's such a BS defense of Dennison. Argue that Taylor won't lead the team back from behind and I'll give you that. But Taylor completes almost 65% of his passes, and more importantly, he doesn't turn the ball over. So give it a rest saying that Dennison doesn't trust Taylor, because if that's the reasoning, it's extremely flawed on Dennisons part.

Also, it's not even just the runs. It's the constant running up the middle in a heavy set when it's clearly not working. 

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Come now, the offense has been weak the entire season.  Much of that falls on the full offense, but what we are seeing on O is not different than what was seen the previous two years.

i don’t say that Taylor is the entire problem, but he is not the solution either unless you are fielding an all-time great defense and super running game.

Do you really think the defense that was giving up 35+ a game was going to hold the Chargers to below 16 that the O likely would have scored with Taylor at the helm? 

Perhaps, just maybe, the entire team responded to the shakeup of benching Taylor.  Maybe instead of saying McDermott was stupid to bench Taylor, we should praise him for jump-starting a dead team.

Hahahaha 

You mean the same offense that was tied for 10th in scoring in 2016 and 12th in 2015? When Taylor was still the QB and the Bills didn't have an inept offensive coordinator.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Why was it a hostile environment? The place seemed quiet.....

Starting QB was benched by a team in the playoff race for a QB that was not prepared to play...an awful decision by coaches who are supposed to evaluate players

The upper decks were half empty.

It was very surprising seeing that kind of attendance with the Chiefs in first place in their division.

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I remain puzzled at how the run D held Kareem hunt to 17 yards on 11 carries after getting gashed like they have the last several weeks.

I've been pondering this too and all I can come up with is the blue pants.

Edited by Doc Brown

7 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

I just love how every thread turns into a debate about tyrod. You could have a thread on the size of Mcdermotts dogs balls and people would turn it into a tyrod debate.

We shoulda started the dog vs the Saints and Chargers.