Are we able to get anything for Tyrod?

The Tomcat

Its clear we are going to move on from Tyrod. 

Are we able to trade him at some point in time or does he just get to walk for free?  

Is he a FA the day the season ends?

He has value and would like get maximize trade value if we are able.

Sorry if this discussed elsewhere, I didn't see it if it was.

teams know we are going to cut him so they won't be willing to give up much if anything.  maybe a team like Cleveland who knows he wouldn't go there otherwise might give us a 7th just to guarantee his rights.  keep this in mind, the Bills told him after last season that we don't want you back unless you take a big paycut.  he had the opportunity to put feelers out around the league to see if he could get more money elsewhere.  he decided he couldn't and came back for cheap.  that tells you that despite what members of the media want us to think, nobody wants Tyrod Taylor to be their QB

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Tomcat said:

Its clear we are going to move on from Tyrod. 

Are we able to trade him at some point in time or does he just get to walk for free?  

Is he a FA the day the season ends?

He has value and would like get maximize trade value if we are able.

Sorry if this discussed elsewhere, I didn't see it if it was.

What’s this value you speak of?  A bad QB with a 18 million salary next year along with a 6 million bonus on the 3rd day of the new year.  

No team is giving up anything for him 

Edited by PABillsfan23
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PABillsfan23 said:

What’s this value you speak of?  A bad QB with a 18 million salary next year along with a 6 million bonus on the 3rd day of the new year.  

No team is giving up anything for him 

He is not a bad QB. Career record over .500 with some pretty bad talent/ coaching around him.

17.5 Mil is not that much money for a QB. Just ask Andy Dalton, Mike Glennon, Ryan Tannehill.

I don't think anyone will trade anything for him because they know the Bills want to move on from him. and will release him

But I'm almost certain he will be a starter in this league next year

Tangential comment but so many Tyrod threads, i figure here as good a place as any...

Tyrod is probably the top back-up QB in the league.  He doesnt make mistakes, he can make plays with his feet, and he has plenty game and situational experience.  For any team making a playoff run that has their QB go down, Tyrod would be extremely desirable given how he manages a game and doesnt turn the ball over.  On a good team, he will keep the game close and give them a chance.  That is worth something.  Not sure if that is worth anything...we prob cant trade him, and no one would pay for his contract at the back-up position, but if you told me he was our backup QB for the next few years at the higher-end of back-up QB pay, i would be very happy with that.  

52 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

Tangential comment but so many Tyrod threads, i figure here as good a place as any...

Tyrod is probably the top back-up QB in the league.  He doesnt make mistakes, he can make plays with his feet, and he has plenty game and situational experience.  For any team making a playoff run that has their QB go down, Tyrod would be extremely desirable given how he manages a game and doesnt turn the ball over.  On a good team, he will keep the game close and give them a chance.  That is worth something.  Not sure if that is worth anything...we prob cant trade him, and no one would pay for his contract at the back-up position, but if you told me he was our backup QB for the next few years at the higher-end of back-up QB pay, i would be very happy with that.  

I thought EJ was the top backup?   Just needs to let er rip.

58 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

I agree with this. Tyrod can keep a ship that is moving well afloat. He's a proven reliable commodity and some team will definitely sign him. 

Like Fitz when he left, I'll always be a fan. Big heart. Good team leader. Good guy. 

1 hour ago, Bill Murray said:

I think someone will want him.  Don't know if he'd stay as a backup.  I would love that but his pride might not let him.

I just didn't know if we are actually able to this since the trading deadline has passed and if we missed our window.

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

He is not a bad QB. Career record over .500 with some pretty bad talent/ coaching around him.

17.5 Mil is not that much money for a QB. Just ask Andy Dalton, Mike Glennon, Ryan Tannehill.

I don't think anyone will trade anything for him because they know the Bills want to move on from him. and will release him

But I'm almost certain he will be a starter in this league next year

He's a gimmick QB that can't or won't do anything from the pocket. He's been figured out. Just like RG3 et al.