Are we able to get anything for Tyrod?

The Tomcat

22 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

4 pages of commentary and no one responds to this, which sums the whole situation up nicely.

I've mentioned this same thing 2 or 3 times in various Tyrod threads, but it's like this hasn't sunk in yet for many Bills fans.

Tyrod's actual value around the league is much lower than Bills fans perceive it to be.

The post above is from conversations with league executives. They feel differently. 

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The post above is from conversations with league executives. They feel differently. 

IF they felt differently he wouldn't have been a Buffalo Bill this year. He's an expensive backup.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

As we’ve discussed, Tyrod wanted to remain with the Bills. The narrative that there was no market just isn’t true. 

Tyrod wanted to start. Bills were the only team dumb enough to agree to it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Luka said:

Tyrod wanted to start. Bills were the only team dumb enough to agree to it.

There were other opportunities but he wanted to be here. Believe whatever makes you feel better but I speak the truth. 

Now, will a team trade for him or wait for his release? I don’t know but the narrative that he didn’t have options and only the Bills would start him is false. 

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There were other opportunities but he wanted to be here. Believe whatever makes you feel better but I speak the truth. 

Now, will a team trade for him or wait for his release? I don’t know but the narrative that he didn’t have options and only the Bills would start him is false. 

Except he was allowed to test the market, and here he is. Maybe in your version of reality it's false, but all the facts say the opposite.

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Except he was allowed to test the market, and here he is. Maybe in your version of reality it's false, but all the facts say the opposite.

What I heard from contacts around the league is consistent with what these executives are saying. I don’t make stuff up on here. Again, believe whatever you want to be true in your head and I will continue to tell what actually happened.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

What I heard from contacts around the league is consistent with what these executives are saying. I don’t make stuff up on here. Again, believe whatever you want to be true in your head and I will continue to tell what actually happened.

And other people with contacts around the league (guys that write for a living) are saying exactly what I and other people here are saying. And again, how things ACTUALLY played out in real life sides with that story. Your whole "I know people" shtick is cute and all, but it flies in the face of reality. He's a below average QB who wanted to start. Anywhere else he went, he would have to compete to gain the starting position. I would imagine he was also being offered less than what the Bills restructured deal came out to be or else why the hell would he stay? Are you really trying to tell me that Tyrod was treating the Bills as a charity case? Please. It's a business. If you get more money elsewhere, you go elsewhere. Especially when you're a marginal player like Tyrod.

5 minutes ago, Luka said:

And other people with contacts around the league (guys that write for a living) are saying exactly what I and other people here are saying. And again, how things ACTUALLY played out in real life sides with that story. Your whole "I know people" shtick is cute and all, but it flies in the face of reality. He's a below average QB who wanted to start. Anywhere else he went, he would have to compete to gain the starting position. I would imagine he was also being offered less than what the Bills restructured deal came out to be or else why the hell would he stay? Are you really trying to tell me that Tyrod was treating the Bills as a charity case? Please. It's a business. If you get more money elsewhere, you go elsewhere. Especially when you're a marginal player like Tyrod.

Again, you can doubt whatever you want but there have been many, many, many times that we have had info that writers didn’t. When you are talking to scouts, front office people and people actually in the building you get much more of the truth than what they tell Jerry Sullivan. What I am saying is the truth and I really don’t need to keep defending myself for it. I’ve proven that my info is good on numerous occasions. You can continue to believe whatever you want to make you feel better but it’s not true. There were starting opportunities available to him but he wanted to stay here and instructed his people to get it done. He bet on himself. 

21 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

No - I think he is done in Buffalo - I do not think as a back-up that would be a good fit here with what they want to do.  

He he needs to go someplace that is not running a timing based offense - so that his ability to freelance can work.  

Someplaces that are running more freestyle offenses - Pittsburgh, Seattle, Houston, GB - none are perfect, but because the QBs move in the pocket and keep plays alive - the WRs are used to working themselves open and those spots may work.  

If not he he could be a bridge if you want to draft a similar style guy and build the team to their strengths.

.......agree completely RF.....twice benched (although "benched" last year is misleading as it was more of an injury/financial business move) has left a sour taste in his mouth IMO....think he'll welcome moving on......

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We’ve addressed that but it isn’t necessarily true. He wanted to be in Buffalo.

In terms of the market it’s the opposite. People in Buffalo don’t watch enough football to understand the landscape. Denver is a disaster at QB. Arizona could need a starter as soon as next year. Cleveland, Jacksonville and the Jets will need a guy. The Giants, Chargers, 49ers, Vikings and Steelers could as well depending on how things shake out. Obviously there is talent in this draft but teams that are “ready to win” may prefer a guy that has won. 

Denver drafted a guy in the 1st that they aren’t comfortable playing yet (despite the injuries). They offered Brock $16M before he left for Houston. Their defense and receivers are aging but still very good. How confident are they that they can get a guy to get them back to the top of a depleted AFC? He makes a ton of sense there.

Its almost certain that Buffalo doesn't pick up his option.  IF Buffalo does that they would basically paying 6 million for a mid rd pick I guess.