11/15/2017 - The day that changed the entire course of history for this franchise

Last night like many times before I awoke in a cold sweat in the middle of the night after having visions of a franchise QB. He rode into Buffalo like wild stallion. Moxie, confidence, poise and command of the huddle. A follower of Christ and legendary college QB handing Clemson their only loss of regular season. His name was Nathan Peterman and on a cold December day in Buffalo he leads a heroic comeback down 17 points to the Patriots, throwing the game winning TD pass with seconds left on the clock as the Bills Mafia erupts yelling "Peter-man! Peter-man! Peter-man!"

But alas that's where my vision ends as reality settled in and I realized Taylor was still the starting QB for now. 17 straight years will soon turn into 18 years and the Bills are destined for another epic collapse and 2011 type of finish.

Fast forward later in the day and I saw 'breaking news' on the NFL ticker and social media exploded with news of a QB change in Buffalo. I had to again pinch myself and question whether or not dreaming or awake. Can this really be happening, have Bills fans desperate for change prayers finally been answered?

And here we are. The day I knew was coming and all of a sudden the Bills playoff outlook is real once again. A bold, yet necessary, move was made by a regime that truly isn't going to settle for mediocrity any more. No more letting a QB play scared and checking down a FB on 3rd and long and missing WR's running wide open time after time again just of the sake pf playing alleged 'safe' and 'smart' football.

And speaking of Peterman, perhaps he himself foreshadowed this just two days ago on his twitter account (which isn't very active so the time and date of this post is very telling):

https://twitter.com/NatePeterman

Nathan PetermanVerified account @NatePeterman Nov 13

“Our expectation is that we will be able to see things that would never have been accomplished except by the direct intervention of God.”

41 replies 92 retweets 577 likes

Mark this down, today is the day that the entire fate of the Buffalo Bills franchise was forever altered. It may not be as monumental as the day Mo Lewis knocked Drew Bledsoe out of a game in New England to usher in the Tom Brady era. But the Bills very well may be on to ending a 17 year drought behind a young gunslinger and I guarantee this entire team will look different in the coming weeks. People will say, where on earth did this passing game come from? Who would have thought Buffalo does have NFL WR's on their roster? The defense suddenly is inspired behind their dynamic new leader on the other side of the ball that says 'Fellas, make a stop for me and we'll get the ball back and win the game".

Bottom line, this move was L.A.R.G.E. and no matter what happens in LA on Sunday the future should be much brighter with a real NFL QB behind center. Once again just when I thought I was out, the Bills have pulled me back in....

Edited by SaviorPeterman
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, pepsicat17 said:

I hope you’re right. We have so many holes to fill that having the QB set would *ahem* speed up the process(tm). 

I've been saying for weeks that if McD, Beane, Dennison, etc have any clue what they are doing they will look at the game film of Taylor and see nothing more than Trent Edwards with mobility. A guy who posts solid 'metrics' if anything because all he does is check down to RB's (or in this case a worthless over the hill FB like Tolbert), make wildly inaccurate throws and purposely overthrown deep balls and end zone passes because he's petrified to make a turnover.

Also for all the pundits and critics actually defending Taylor, guess they still don't understand he leads the NFL in 3 and outs and the defense is gassed from constantly being on the field because our former starting QB can't and won't throw the football unless a guy is running wide open down the field.

Furthermore my sources have been hammering me for weeks saying Peterman is a steal and should have been drafted in the late 1st/early 2nd round range and we landed a steal. NP has all the intangibles and the big knock on him is arm strength which can be fixed and he's showed plenty playing in a cold weather environment at Pitt.

Either way the wait is finally over.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I've been saying for weeks that if McD, Beane, Dennison, etc have any clue what they are doing they will look at the game film of Taylor and see nothing more than Trent Edwards with mobility. A guy who posts solid 'metrics' if anything because all he does is check down to RB's (or in this case a worthless over the hill FB like Tolbert), make wildly inaccurate throws and purposely overthrown deep balls and end zone passes because he's petrified to make a turnover.

Also for all the pundits and critics actually defending Taylor, guess they still don't understand he leads the NFL in 3 and outs and the defense is gassed from constantly being on the field because our former starting QB can't and won't throw the football unless a guy is running wide open down the field.

Furthermore my sources have been hammering me for weeks saying Peterman is a steal and should have been drafted in the late 1st/early 2nd round range and we landed a steal. NP has all the intangibles and the big knock on him is arm strength which can be fixed and he's showed plenty playing in a cold weather environment at Pitt.

Either way the wait is finally over.

They were gassed in the first half? The defense is bad. You can't blame Taylor that.

Shame on y'all. 3 hours ago you were all worried savior had run off to join the circus and nobody would own up to cyber bullying the guy.  Now here he is, same goofy out takes wrapped around some reasonable core comments, and y'all can't keep from doing what a few hours ago you swore you never had. 

Y'all act lie he's your 10 year old cousin who's come to Thanksgiving dinner and wants to sit at the big person table. I'm truly concerned about your lack if civility. Now go to your rooms until you can say nice things about other people.

As for you, Savior, you must respect those put in charge to lord it over you. (even when they smell bad and act like rabid dogs in heat). They're people too (I think).

2 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Last night like many times before I awoke in a cold sweat in the middle of the night after having visions of a franchise QB. He rode into Buffalo like wild stallion. Moxie, confidence, poise and command of the huddle. A follower of Christ and legendary college QB handing Clemson their only loss of regular season. His name was Nathan Peterman and on a cold December day in Buffalo he leads a heroic comeback down 17 points to the Patriots, throwing the game winning TD pass with seconds left on the clock as the Bills Mafia erupts yelling "Peter-man! Peter-man! Peter-man!"

But alas that's where my vision ends as reality settled in and I realized Taylor was still the starting QB for now. 17 straight years will soon turn into 18 years and the Bills are destined for another epic collapse and 2011 type of finish.

Fast forward later in the day and I saw 'breaking news' on the NFL ticker and social media exploded with news of a QB change in Buffalo. I had to again pinch myself and question whether or not dreaming or awake. Can this really be happening, have Bills fans desperate for change prayers finally been answered?

And here we are. The day I knew was coming and all of a sudden the Bills playoff outlook is real once again. A bold, yet necessary, move was made by a regime that truly isn't going to settle for mediocrity any more. No more letting a QB play scared and checking down a FB on 3rd and long and missing WR's running wide open time after time again just of the sake pf playing alleged 'safe' and 'smart' football.

And speaking of Peterman, perhaps he himself foreshadowed this just two days ago on his twitter account (which isn't very active so the time and date of this post is very telling):

https://twitter.com/NatePeterman

Mark this down, today is the day that the entire fate of the Buffalo Bills franchise was forever altered. It may not be as monumental as the day Mo Lewis knocked Drew Bledsoe out of a game in New England to usher in the Tom Brady era. But the Bills very well may be on to ending a 17 year drought behind a young gunslinger and I guarantee this entire team will look different in the coming weeks. People will say, where on earth did this passing game come from? Who would have thought Buffalo does have NFL WR's on their roster? The defense suddenly is inspired behind their dynamic new leader on the other side of the ball that says 'Fellas, make a stop for me and we'll get the ball back and win the game".

Bottom line, this move was L.A.R.G.E. and no matter what happens in LA on Sunday the future should be much brighter with a real NFL QB behind center. Once again just when I thought I was out, the Bills have pulled me back in....

First off, I agree that this move signifies that we finally have a competent football coach with solid brass balls.

Secondly, I firmly believe this move came with a push from the locker room.  That Jet game Taylor got creamed.  Seemed lineman were just PO'd that he wasn't getting rid of the ball.  I sensed the same in the Saints game, this time the defense was frustrated that TT couldn't move the ball even though he had Clay and now Benjamin at WR.  They played with no heart like they just said "F-it".  Professional? Hell no.  But you could see they were disheartened and they have been the heartbeat of this team all year.

McD is a smart guy.  He had to have sensed that TT was starting to lose the lockerroom, and I'm sure there were guys wanting to give Peterman a shot.  I mean, the guy went from two days saying that TT was his starter to "sleeping on it" and naming Peterman starter?  I also believe because he is taking sole responsibility for the move that makes it even more likely it came from the veteran players behind closed doors so he wouldn't out them.

Now, i'm not saying all Vets were on board with this.  But I wouldn't doubt that the Defense was a major factor.  (Hyde calling Peterman "Nate Favre")

Bottom line this signifies the end of TT's reign in Buffalo.  It's obvious through this move that they don't see TT as a long term solution.  Although Peterman may suck and they put TT back in down the road, you don't bench your starting QB mid season with the mindset that he is your guy in the long run.

This is an audition for NP with live bullets and a playoff birth on the line to see if he has what it takes to be a QB in this league.   I also believe the Bills are playing with house money considering they and almost everyone have been surprised with their success.  If you don't feel confident that TT can be your long term solution why not see if Peterman can be.

Love the move.  Love the Moxie. Love the fact that either NP or a 1st round pick will be Buffalo's QB next year.  While I am a fan of TT, the last two games made it clear he isn't the answer.  For once a coach doesn't play politics but does what he feels is right for the team.  

2 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

They were gassed in the first half? The defense is bad. You can't blame Taylor that.

That’s like saying you can’t blame your terrible old mattress for your poor night’s sleep. If the offense could sustain a drive long enough to allow the defense to at least sit down, you’d be absolutely correct in blaming the defense only. 

15 minutes ago, benderbender said:

That’s like saying you can’t blame your terrible old mattress for your poor night’s sleep. If the offense could sustain a drive long enough to allow the defense to at least sit down, you’d be absolutely correct in blaming the defense only. 

I never blamed the defense, only.

How about they played like ****, and looked like a team with a ****ty coach. They all looked bad.

I never said that Tyrod played awful because the defense couldn't get off the field. I don't think they forced a punt the whole game. You do see the false comparison you are making right?

The guy said they were gassed because Tyrod kept going 3 and out. That would be a fair point if the defense played good and then just got torched in the 2nd half but they got torched the whole damn game besides the one turnover. 

Tyrod is not an excuse for the defense in this game. I can't take you serious if you won't admit that. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I believe thw D was gassed in the first half due to the three and outs. Think about it a moment. We had 10 first downs the whole day. 3 of them were Nate. Our offensive team was on the field for 18 minutes. The D was for 42 minutes.... that is nearly 2/3 of the game. They were on the field playing against the most balanced Offense in the NFL . You need to be able to trade shots with a team like that and keep them on the field for 30 minutes. Nathan will do that for us therefore making the D better able to defend. And I find SP as obnoxious as the next guy!!!

Edited by fansince88

3 hours ago, billsfan60 said:

Shame on y'all. 3 hours ago you were all worried savior had run off to join the circus and nobody would own up to cyber bullying the guy.  Now here he is, same goofy out takes wrapped around some reasonable core comments, and y'all can't keep from doing what a few hours ago you swore you never had. 

Y'all act lie he's your 10 year old cousin who's come to Thanksgiving dinner and wants to sit at the big person table. I'm truly concerned about your lack if civility. Now go to your rooms until you can say nice things about other people.

As for you, Savior, you must respect those put in charge to lord it over you. (even when they smell bad and act like rabid dogs in heat). They're people too (I think).

Haters gotta hate. Maybe they're jealous and embarrassed he got it right.

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I think the real question is not IF we will win but how MANY Super Bowls we will win this year?? 

I think we'll win a minimum of 23 Super Bowls this year. Next year we might win 47 but we'll need to get a new Left Fielder because the one we have doesn't take many shots on goal and he's terrible shooting free throws.