This is why Tyrod was benched

essential

12 hours ago, Iraq Vet said:

This scream of ownership desperation... even though I was getting tired of TT.  It just does not feel like a coach decision.

And on what basis does the ownership make this decision?  They spen millions on releasing staff and hiring staff and then make critical decisions over their heads?  The Pegula’s just don’t fit that M.O.. They hired a new staff to build a winning team.  Even they have to realize that it probably does not happen overnight.

The last 2 games ruined Taylor's trade value. New OL scheme that does not fit the players here. :(

Not letting Taylor do what he is capable, shotgun , scramble , run. 

I agree Peterman is a good fit for the Dennison system once he gets in sync with the receivers.

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not news to even ardent Tyrod supporters.

Every QB during the drought was all about missed opportunities of one sort or another...........some guys couldn't push the ball downfield and some couldn't utilize the intermediate or short areas of the field etc...

Tyrod in this offense + a bunch of possession receivers he hadn't played with before is like putting Giancarlo Stanton in a ball park with 600 foot fences.  

The deep ball is what allowed Tyrod to make up for the other shortcomings........when you are 7th in the league in scoring and leading the NFL in big plays for 2 straight years it really is OK if you decline a few open routes to Brandon Tate.  :doh:

It really is.

That deep option opened up his favored easy comebacks at the sticks on the sidelines.........and the fear of the deep ball combined with his ability to gash a defense with his legs opened up the running game.     That was the formula and it's extremely difficult to defense if the components are there to execute it. When they dealt Watkins I knew the offense was going to be f*cked.    

Tyrod has done what he can under the circumstances.   Peterman is a better fit for the system itself but it ultimately comes down to scoring a lot and protecting the football so we will see if what they get with him is better than what they lose with TT.    

Giancarlo Stanton is good, Tyrod pretty much stinks.    

more CoT excuses ??‍♂️

7 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Really? Have you seen how bad the Texans offense is with Savage, and how good they are with Watson?  If they had never pulled the plug on Savage people would be saying that their O line sucks, that DeAndre Hopkins has lost a step, that Will Fuller is a Marquis Goodwin style speed guy who's a poor route runner, etc., etc.  Is there better talent on the Jets? Didn't they come into this season with what people called the worst receiving corps in recent memory? You know what? Sometimes the QB makes guys look good.

Houston has way more talent. Watson is good but Fuller and Hopkins are both much better than anything we have here. ThevJets defense and runnin game are better than the Bills. And McCown has lost games in the 4th by turning the ball over. I’d bet they’d have a better record with a who protected the ball. So yeah, those are better situations. Wake me up when the Jets D gives up 300 yards rushing and 47 points. 

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Romo was saying similar things during the Jets game as I recall 

Exactly - Romo repeatedly talked about how to beat the Jets pressure was a quick throw and he praised him the one or two times it worked, but repeatedly showed missed plays also that just need to occur.

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Look at Deonte Thompson at the bottom of your screen.  Waving his arms.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/930260603368853504/video/1

yep. a pocket passer would have stepped up in the pocket, seen a WIDE open receiver with a clear path to the end zone. there were 4 OPEN receivers there. anyone of which could have been hit with a good ball for YAC. 

Edited by Foxx

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

TT never even glanced his way. Again confirming that he doesn't read very well. 

Or the play call was misdirection and was moving left with a playcall to throw left......  

I can't blame TT  without knowing twhat the OC called.

You see this every game when teams line up as to where the play is going.  This is not just the Bills.  The issue with the Bills is defenses are usually ready for the playcall.

9 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Tyrod was benched due to racism.  Just ask Schopp or any number of national reporters and talking heads.  Funny that nobody mentioned racism when Maroon gave up on EJ.  Just the current climate we live in, I guess.  Tyrod wasn't performing.  Simple as that.  No reason to play the race card here.

Exactly right! When the performance of the main component of the offense fails like he did for 3/4 of the game against the Saints it's time for a change. It wasn't just bad as it was pathetic and even when he found a WR to be open he couldn't hit them properly. You can't win when your one trick pony runs out of tricks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/930260603368853504/video/1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

And on what basis does the ownership make this decision?  They spen millions on releasing staff and hiring staff and then make critical decisions over their heads?  The Pegula’s just don’t fit that M.O.. They hired a new staff to build a winning team.  Even they have to realize that it probably does not happen overnight.

Rome wasn't (re)built in a day.   (Rex burned the place down)   You have to accept bumps in the roads and detours when you see a roadblock.  

IMO At this time McDermott is trying to fix the offensive roadblock that was the poor / ineffective passing game.  

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

TT never even glanced his way. Again confirming that he doesn't read very well. 

That is an insult to Tyrod Taylor. 

Improperly using the race card is an insult to everyone.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Rome wasn't (re)built in a day.   (Rex burned the place down)   You have to accept bumps in the roads and detours when you see a roadblock.  

IMO At this time McDermott is trying to fix the offensive roadblock that was the poor / ineffective passing game.  

Yes .500 over two years was burning down the place.  Did they under-perform?  Yes....  Was it a disaster?  No......

The Defense was terrible and offensive playcalling suspect.

Keep drinking the new regimes kool-aid......

When the Bills hired Dennison, this is when Taylor needed to re-invent himself as a QB.  Unfortunately after a 5-4 start (in which the D had a huge hand in creating)....Tyrod was never able to do it.  I'm a Tyrod fan but he simply can't be an effective passer from the pocket and he won't throw contested passes downfield.   So there ya go.  He led the team to 3 points vs. Carolina and New Orleans.  The offense was handed some turnovers in the Cincinnati game and they failed to do much at all.   Losing that game was a killer.   The National  media isn't talking about any of that.    Let's see if Peterman can get it done and if so, he will take pressure off the defense as well.  

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Or the play call was misdirection and was moving left with a playcall to throw left......  

I can't blame TT  without knowing twhat the OC called.

You see this every game when teams line up as to where the play is going.  This is not just the Bills.  The issue with the Bills is defenses are usually ready for the playcall.

But it really doesn't matter what the play call was; I'm sure the primary was who he ended up going to on the left side. But coverage evolves after the snap and, regardless of the call and who the primary was, EVERY play has other options available depending on what the QB reads. TT needs to know what every option is depending on what he sees develop. But you have to look in order to see it. TT never did on that play and it's a problem he has had since he's been here. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Absolutely. 

49 minutes ago, K-9 said:

But it really doesn't matter what the play call was; I'm sure the primary was who he ended up going to on the left side. But coverage evolves after the snap and, regardless of the call and who the primary was, EVERY play has other options available depending on what the QB reads. TT needs to know what every option is depending on what he sees develop. But you have to look in order to see it. TT never did on that play and it's a problem he has had since he's been here. 

Absolutely. 

If the play call is roll left and throw, going right is impossible unless the play is busted, which it wasn't.  The issue was no one was open running on the left side.

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

If the play call is roll left and throw, going right is impossible unless the play is busted, which it wasn't.  The issue was no one was open running on the left side.

It was a straight drop back until TT bailed. That wasn't a rollout at all. The issue was TT's lack of vision or impatience to read what the defense did post snap. 

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It was a straight drop back until TT bailed. That wasn't a rollout at all. The issue was TT's lack of vision or impatience to read what the defense did post snap. 

Again then the question is why is he dropping back and looking only left at Clay?  Is he that inept or the OC.  If we only knew what was in his head or that of the OC.  

You have everyone on the right and he drops back looking left.

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Again then the question is why is he dropping back and looking only left at Clay?  Is he that inept or the OC.  If we only knew what was in his head or that of the OC.  

You have everyone on the right and he drops back looking left.

He's dropping back and only looking at Clay because his field vision is poor. There have been countless examples of this since TT came here. 

I agree that Dennison's play calls and designs can be head scratchers at times, but on that particular play it was obvious that there were other options and TT just never scanned them while he was dropping back. That goes to pre-snap recognition as well. It is the QB's job to know where every receiver should be and where coverage is based on those pre and post snap reads. TT is just not very good at that much of the time. 

Bottom line when your starting QB is checking down on 3rd and long to a FB when trailing by 3+ scores he's telling you he don't care (or is simply afraid and wants off the field).

And I'm sure this is one of many things pointed out to Taylor by McD and Dennison if he truly is questioning why he's being benched.

16 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Frankly the "I told you so" posters are stale

its over......TT didnt fit the system.......he is a better athlete then he is a qb

Next man up....lets see what Nate's got

Although I agree with the switch, on the grounds that something had to be done, it’s a little early for the TT detractors to be taking a victory lap.  I hope NP lights it up, but’s it’s entirely possible that his debut will make Bills fans think they did not have things so bad under Taylor.