Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, JM2009 said:

5-4 isn't terrible. He had some pretty nice games in those five wins. Miami is bad, Colts are bad, Chargers are beatable. I want this ridiculous playoff drought to end. Trusting the process means nothing until the playoff drought has ended.

It isn’t terrible but you can point to 2 losses that fall directly on Tyrod. The Saints ran a ton of cover 2 shell where the defensive coverages on each side don’t mirror each other. Tyrod was confused. It was the lowest passer rating of his career. I’ll be curious to see if Peterman is allowed to audible. If he can that will show that Tyrod simply cannot read defenses pre-snap, and since this offense requires that it makes no sense to try and force him. If he goes to a more college-style offense next year which I believe he will, he’ll be better off.

1 hour ago, No Cease Fires said:

If they didn't want TT they should have made this move in the preseason. Another inept decision from yet another inept Bills regime.

Stubbornness, loyalties and being scared to take chances are the norm in the NFL.  Just look at Bill O'Brien picking Tom Savage to be Houston's starter coming out of preseason and leaving DeShaun Watson on the bench. 

I give McD props (and I'm sure Beane agreed with him) in making this move now.  He could have done the easy thing and tried to make Tyrod work.  Instead he's trying to make the team better.

57 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It isn’t terrible but you can point to 2 losses that fall directly on Tyrod. The Saints ran a ton of cover 2 shell where the defensive coverages on each side don’t mirror each other. Tyrod was confused. It was the lowest passer rating of his career. I’ll be curious to see if Peterman is allowed to audible. If he can that will show that Tyrod simply cannot read defenses pre-snap, and since this offense requires that it makes no sense to try and force him. If he goes to a more college-style offense next year which I believe he will, he’ll be better off.

Tyrod can't read defenses, isn't that plainly evident? it's not that Tyrod isn't allowed to call audibles it's that he doesn't know how to read the defense in front of him so even if he did audible, he might go to a worse situation..  college offenses work, in college. in college you will have receivers running wide open. college offenses do not work in the NFL. 

Edited by Foxx

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Roman was excellent when it came to run play design. Less so when it came to prep & reps. Even less so when it came to passing concepts.

Bills were top 10 in ANY/A and a plurality of passing efficiency statistics in 2015. Roman's passing concepts have always been limited by his passers.

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Bills were top 10 in ANY/A and a plurality of passing efficiency statistics in 2015. Roman's passing concepts have always been limited by his passers.

Yep. The Bills started 0-2 last year and someone had to pay. The offense was scoring points, but Rex wasn't firing himself or his windbag brother. Roman was fitted for goat horns. Lynn was the new playcaller , running Romans offense for the remainder of 2016. 

15 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Roman didn't design the pass offense, hence my comment. His preference in play calling was to us a lot of long developing routes, which isn't really all that helpful, but often worked out okay with a QB who bailed on pockets and bought time with his feet.

1 hour ago, Rise Up Lights said:

Yeah rookies tend to turn the ball over more. But while it is likely he may throw an int, it's also very possible he won't. I've seen all of his college games, living in ACC country. He is a gamer. The way he went into Clemson and beat the future champs, shows me that moments don't get too big for him. I'm hoping this translates to moments like this, his first NFL start.  I think he and Zay will be good connection. They seemed to have good chemistry at the senior bowl and in preseason. The NFL sample size is very small, but it is encouraging. Only time will tell.

Love this kid and was so thrilled we drafted him. He's only going to get better with time and experience. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Roman didn't design the pass offense, hence my comment. His preference in play calling was to us a lot of long developing routes, which isn't really all that helpful, but often worked out okay with a QB who bailed on pockets and bought time with his feet.

As OC he was responsible for implementing both the passing and rushing play designs into a cohesive offensive strategy, which I thought he did admirably for what he was working with. I don't know exactly what you mean by 'didn't design the pass offense'.

32 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Roman still puts up an offense that scores over 23 ppg game twice as much as Dennison even if he doesn't create "franchise QB's" or throw for 300 every game.

Hell Roman has outscored Dennison the last 2 years and is outscoring him this year as well. 

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

As OC he was responsible for implementing both the passing and rushing play designs into a cohesive offensive strategy, which I thought he did admirably for what he was working with. I don't know exactly what you mean by 'didn't design the pass offense'.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

By “always” do you mean the year and 2 games he was with the Bills? Before Buffalo he had never been in charge of the pass game. A career run-game coordinator.