Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • SDS

      Problems logging in?   11/05/2017

      I know a few people are getting logged out too quickly. I don't have the answer to that yet.   However, one change that occurred is that there is no longer a log in name and a separate display name. The upgrade discarded the log in name and now uses the display name. So, to log in:   Username: <display name> Password: <your password>   If you need to contact me to find out what your display name is use: Contact Us  and we can get things sorted out.
corta765

Why Do You Cheer If You See No Hope

Recommended Posts

My question basically stems to this: After the last two weeks a lot of people have written the team off, some want Tyrod thrown into a volcano never to be seen again, others the coaching staff, and in general see absolutely no hope and have stated as much. Some are so down on the team they don't even care if the team makes the playoffs if they were to get smoked in the game. So I sincerely ask why do you still comment and care?

 

After the last two weeks I know things are pretty bleak right now but I am not writing off the game nor season until it happens. I am not saying either I don't think the Bills are flawed and have issues but I will at least want to see that happen rather then assume it and that is with 17 years of proof otherwise. I think if they make the playoffs it's still great even if they get beaten pretty badly because of the weight lifted off the franchise. To me being a fan comes down to going through the dark times (and yea they have been reallyyyy dark here) so when the good days do arrive it is that much more full filling of a feeling. I am not sure how many of you are or are not Sabre fans but the 05-06 season was my favorite because for those of us who went through the down seasons and bankruptcy it was the greatest surprise you could ever have expected as a fan. Unfortunately being 29 I have only a few sparse Bills playoff memories and good one's in general.

 

So again if your someone who has written the season and Chargers game off already or would rather the team just tank's to 5-11 I ask in general curiousness why do you still keep cheering, comment, or care in anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, it's all about being realistic during the week. Come gametime, throw aside all logic and hope for the best, and sometimes eat tons of crow for things I said in preseason...only to regurgitate it come mid-season...and the hopes of eating more crow late-season. it's not logical. It's just choosing to use a brain till game time, then letting emotions have the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

For me, it's all about being realistic during the week. Come gametime, throw aside all logic and hope for the best, and sometimes eat tons of crow for things I said in preseason...only to regurgitate it come mid-season...and the hopes of eating more crow late-season. it's not logical. It's just choosing to use a brain till game time, then letting emotions have the day.

 

Haha I hear that. For Rex's two years I went to the Patriots game expecting a win because of the following reasons:

-Rex has beaten the Pats

-It was our time

-It has been 5 (then 6 ) years we are due for another win at home

-2015 the defense and offense is well balanced they aren't ready for us

-2016 well they won four in in a row and Miami was just a bad game we are ready to rebound

 

So yeaaaa my logic come gametime was gone. This season I am not going to the Pats game in Buffalo lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, corta765 said:

My question basically stems to this: After the last two weeks a lot of people have written the team off, some want Tyrod thrown into a volcano never to be seen again, others the coaching staff, and in general see absolutely no hope and have stated as much. Some are so down on the team they don't even care if the team makes the playoffs if they were to get smoked in the game. So I sincerely ask why do you still comment and care?

 

After the last two weeks I know things are pretty bleak right now but I am not writing off the game nor season until it happens. I am not saying either I don't think the Bills are flawed and have issues but I will at least want to see that happen rather then assume it and that is with 17 years of proof otherwise. I think if they make the playoffs it's still great even if they get beaten pretty badly because of the weight lifted off the franchise. To me being a fan comes down to going through the dark times (and yea they have been reallyyyy dark here) so when the good days do arrive it is that much more full filling of a feeling. I am not sure how many of you are or are not Sabre fans but the 05-06 season was my favorite because for those of us who went through the down seasons and bankruptcy it was the greatest surprise you could ever have expected as a fan. Unfortunately being 29 I have only a few sparse Bills playoff memories and good one's in general.

 

So again if your someone who has written the season and Chargers game off already or would rather the team just tank's to 5-11 I ask in general curiousness why do you still keep cheering, comment, or care in anyway?

well, i know the exact post you're talking about. Maybe your response in that thread was enough. or are starting redundant threads because you are a unique and special snowflake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, corta765 said:

 

Haha I hear that. For Rex's two years I went to the Patriots game expecting a win because of the following reasons:

-Rex has beaten the Pats

-It was our time

-It has been 5 (then 6 ) years we are due for another win at home

-2015 the defense and offense is well balanced they aren't ready for us

-2016 well they won four in in a row and Miami was just a bad game we are ready to rebound

 

So yeaaaa my logic come gametime was gone. This season I am not going to the Pats game in Buffalo lol

I bought my Pats fan friend a ticket to Pats game in Buffalo, the one where we were going to break the sound record, haha! As we watched Brady dice us up from the first possession, I couldn't believe I paid double for that day of horror.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

since 1973

 

1 Juice playoff game

1 Cribbs playoff game or two

6 years of greatness from Jim Kelly's team

a few good years after his decline and retirement

 

that's it for over 40 years.

 

so this is an average level of disappointment

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, corta765 said:

My question basically stems to this: After the last two weeks a lot of people have written the team off, some want Tyrod thrown into a volcano never to be seen again, others the coaching staff, and in general see absolutely no hope and have stated as much. Some are so down on the team they don't even care if the team makes the playoffs if they were to get smoked in the game. So I sincerely ask why do you still comment and care?

 

After the last two weeks I know things are pretty bleak right now but I am not writing off the game nor season until it happens. I am not saying either I don't think the Bills are flawed and have issues but I will at least want to see that happen rather then assume it and that is with 17 years of proof otherwise. I think if they make the playoffs it's still great even if they get beaten pretty badly because of the weight lifted off the franchise. To me being a fan comes down to going through the dark times (and yea they have been reallyyyy dark here) so when the good days do arrive it is that much more full filling of a feeling. I am not sure how many of you are or are not Sabre fans but the 05-06 season was my favorite because for those of us who went through the down seasons and bankruptcy it was the greatest surprise you could ever have expected as a fan. Unfortunately being 29 I have only a few sparse Bills playoff memories and good one's in general.

 

So again if your someone who has written the season and Chargers game off already or would rather the team just tank's to 5-11 I ask in general curiousness why do you still keep cheering, comment, or care in anyway?

 

Why should you expect every fan to react the same exact way you do after two putrid performances?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

 

Why should you expect every fan to react the same exact way you do after two putrid performances?

I don't think he does, just trying to learn others' thought processes.  Nothing wrong with finding common ground with fellow Bills fans...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

well, i know the exact post you're talking about. Maybe your response in that thread was enough. or are starting redundant threads because you are a unique and special snowflake?

 

Actually the question was posed because if you look at the stadium wall its as bleak all over as a team that is 0-9. I generally just was wondering others thought process because once the seasons is over in my eyes I may watch a little to pass the time but I'm done on here in regards to the team unless it has to due with the draft, FA, or the schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, corta765 said:

My question basically stems to this: After the last two weeks a lot of people have written the team off, some want Tyrod thrown into a volcano never to be seen again, others the coaching staff, and in general see absolutely no hope and have stated as much. Some are so down on the team they don't even care if the team makes the playoffs if they were to get smoked in the game. So I sincerely ask why do you still comment and care?

 

After the last two weeks I know things are pretty bleak right now but I am not writing off the game nor season until it happens. I am not saying either I don't think the Bills are flawed and have issues but I will at least want to see that happen rather then assume it and that is with 17 years of proof otherwise. I think if they make the playoffs it's still great even if they get beaten pretty badly because of the weight lifted off the franchise. To me being a fan comes down to going through the dark times (and yea they have been reallyyyy dark here) so when the good days do arrive it is that much more full filling of a feeling. I am not sure how many of you are or are not Sabre fans but the 05-06 season was my favorite because for those of us who went through the down seasons and bankruptcy it was the greatest surprise you could ever have expected as a fan. Unfortunately being 29 I have only a few sparse Bills playoff memories and good one's in general.

 

So again if your someone who has written the season and Chargers game off already or would rather the team just tank's to 5-11 I ask in general curiousness why do you still keep cheering, comment, or care in anyway?

This is a rebuild and there remains hope in the next few years providing they draft well.

Also, getting a chance to see the young guys get a chance is interesting.

Aknowledging that we are not a playoff team doesn’t make you less of a fan or less interested.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because, even though this team looks like they are a D III school playing against Alabama & Clemson the past 2 weeks. They still are above .500, and still control their own destiny. Plus, I do not watch Hockey or the NBA in any sort of meaningful or caring way. So, that means I would have to wait until April for my next sport of interest to come about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We cheer because we enjoy watching NFL football on Sundays and support our home town team. I understand

trying to stay positive, but lets face it, this is an inept organization, and now a no talent team, so as fans who

pay their money we have a right to comment.    Most of  us are realistic after seeing what went on the last two

games. To hear this coach get up in a press conference and say the bull that he did, is a insult to every person

who was in the stadium Sunday. We want better and are not getting it. Why don,t you watch Robert Woods,

Watkins and Goodwin score touchdowns again Sunday and if you don,t know the frustration, then your head

is in the sand. The national media makes jokes about this team asking if we have any more WRs to trade.

The fact is we don,t. Getting rid of the talent this year has to be the worst trades ever for us. We have a Coach

and GM not good enough to get those jobs elsewhere  and ownership who does not have a clue about

running a football team , much less a hockey team. There are too many records to list of NO team history

that were broke to even mention. Both the defense and offense are not NFL quality now, and do you enjoy hearing 

jokes like-the streaker at New Era gained more yards than the Offense did?

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Foreigner said:

We cheer because we enjoy watching NFL football on Sundays and support our home town team. I understand

trying to stay positive, but lets face it, this is an inept organization, and now a no talent team, so as fans who

pay their money we have a right to comment.    Most of  us are realistic after seeing what went on the last two

games. To hear this coach get up in a press conference and say the bull that he did, is a insult to every person

who was in the stadium Sunday. We want better and are not getting it. Why don,t you watch Robert Woods,

Watkins and Goodwin score touchdowns again Sunday and if you don,t know the frustration, then your head

is in the sand. The national media makes jokes about this team asking if we have any more WRs to trade.

The fact is we don,t. Getting rid of the talent this year has to be the worst trades ever for us. We have a Coach

and GM not good enough to get those jobs elsewhere  and ownership who does not have a clue about

running a football team , much less a hockey team. There are too many records to list of NO team history

that were broke to even mention. Both the defense and offense are not NFL quality now, and do you enjoy hearing 

jokes like-the streaker at New Era gained more yards than the Offense did?

 

I wished the Bills resigned Woods. I loved him as a blocker in the run game, thought he had a great work ethic, and he was a solid #2 WR to have. Strangely I miss him more then Sammy even though Sammy was better on deep routes which we need more for TY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, corta765 said:

 

Actually the question was posed because if you look at the stadium wall its as bleak all over as a team that is 0-9. I generally just was wondering others thought process because once the seasons is over in my eyes I may watch a little to pass the time but I'm done on here in regards to the team unless it has to due with the draft, FA, or the schedule.

It's not bleak to everyone. The team has a winning record. Probably won a game or two on pure emotion over talent levels. The coach and GM are rookies. Trying to find their way. My comment on sneaking in as the last wildcard then getting toasted in a road game ( yes it could happen). Is not something IMO I want to see.

 

I would rather wait and see what the new regime can do over the course of a couple of years. Does anyone think Peterman with Tolbert, Washington as a DT, etc. Will put fear in anyone in a playoff game? The board will meltdown. This is not remotely a team that can go deep in the playoffs. Isn't winning a Lombardi what long suffering fans really want? Or is simply getting in the playoffs good enough? Remember some predicted a 4-12 season. Lets get some players, fire a coach or two, and see these guys build a winner. Or watch them flame out like everyone before them. Then start over.  

But this is a rebuilding year, missing the most important player a franchise QB. That guy is not on the roster IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Best Player Available said:

It's not bleak to everyone. The team has a winning record. Probably won a game or two on pure emotion over talent levels. The coach and GM are rookies. Trying to find their way. My comment on sneaking in as the last wildcard then getting toasted in a road game ( yes it could happen). Is not something IMO I want to see.

 

I would rather wait and see what the new regime can do over the course of a couple of years. Does anyone think Peterman with Tolbert, Washington as a DT, etc. Will put fear in anyone in a playoff game? The board will meltdown. This is not remotely a team that can go deep in the playoffs. Isn't winning a Lombardi what long suffering fans really want? Or is simply getting in the playoffs good enough? Remember some predicted a 4-12 season. Lets get some players, fire a coach or two, and see these guys build a winner. Or watch them flame out like everyone before them. Then start over.  

But this is a rebuilding year, missing the most important player a franchise QB. That guy is not on the roster IMO

 

The one thing I walked out of the stadium thinking after the Saints game was even if the Bills make the playoffs I hope Tyrod is gone after this season and we draft someone new. My great fear is they make the playoffs and say Tyrod is enough and don't pull the trigger even on a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, corta765 said:

My question basically stems to this: After the last two weeks a lot of people have written the team off, some want Tyrod thrown into a volcano never to be seen again, others the coaching staff, and in general see absolutely no hope and have stated as much. Some are so down on the team they don't even care if the team makes the playoffs if they were to get smoked in the game. So I sincerely ask why do you still comment and care?

 

After the last two weeks I know things are pretty bleak right now but I am not writing off the game nor season until it happens. I am not saying either I don't think the Bills are flawed and have issues but I will at least want to see that happen rather then assume it and that is with 17 years of proof otherwise. I think if they make the playoffs it's still great even if they get beaten pretty badly because of the weight lifted off the franchise. To me being a fan comes down to going through the dark times (and yea they have been reallyyyy dark here) so when the good days do arrive it is that much more full filling of a feeling. I am not sure how many of you are or are not Sabre fans but the 05-06 season was my favorite because for those of us who went through the down seasons and bankruptcy it was the greatest surprise you could ever have expected as a fan. Unfortunately being 29 I have only a few sparse Bills playoff memories and good one's in general.

 

So again if your someone who has written the season and Chargers game off already or would rather the team just tank's to 5-11 I ask in general curiousness why do you still keep cheering, comment, or care in anyway?

I cheer for the world to end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, corta765 said:

 

The one thing I walked out of the stadium thinking after the Saints game was even if the Bills make the playoffs I hope Tyrod is gone after this season and we draft someone new. My great fear is they make the playoffs and say Tyrod is enough and don't pull the trigger even on a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I think they draft a QB early. Tyrod is exposed and the blueprint to neutralize him is in. I don't think Beane & McD will trade a boatload of picks to get their guy though. They traded all the talent away. And it needs to be replaced.  BTW I agree on your take on Bob Woods. Criminal not to even try and re sign him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, corta765 said:

My question basically stems to this: After the last two weeks a lot of people have written the team off, some want Tyrod thrown into a volcano never to be seen again, others the coaching staff, and in general see absolutely no hope and have stated as much. Some are so down on the team they don't even care if the team makes the playoffs if they were to get smoked in the game. So I sincerely ask why do you still comment and care?

 

After the last two weeks I know things are pretty bleak right now but I am not writing off the game nor season until it happens. I am not saying either I don't think the Bills are flawed and have issues but I will at least want to see that happen rather then assume it and that is with 17 years of proof otherwise. I think if they make the playoffs it's still great even if they get beaten pretty badly because of the weight lifted off the franchise. To me being a fan comes down to going through the dark times (and yea they have been reallyyyy dark here) so when the good days do arrive it is that much more full filling of a feeling. I am not sure how many of you are or are not Sabre fans but the 05-06 season was my favorite because for those of us who went through the down seasons and bankruptcy it was the greatest surprise you could ever have expected as a fan. Unfortunately being 29 I have only a few sparse Bills playoff memories and good one's in general.

 

So again if your someone who has written the season and Chargers game off already or would rather the team just tank's to 5-11 I ask in general curiousness why do you still keep cheering, comment, or care in anyway?

I have seen the movie too many times to forget how it ends.  But to answer your question, because for many of us we love the Bills like a living entity and we speak truth to the ones we love.  I will root them and always hope they win, but when they are continuously screwing things up it is only natural for fans to vent and criticize.  

 

Also the length of the drought does make a difference.  Around year ten I was still pretty optimistic.  After year 13 or so I started to not enjoy it so much.  If the drought was five years, people wouldn't be so negative.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoy the bandwagon maybe for another 18 years. There are actually a lot of people on this board who

care about the product on the field.

The Rams, Saints, Vikings and Eagles all bad teams last year are all leading their division this year.

I hate to say it, but this team was better with Ryan and Whaley last year. Also, this years wins were

against bad teams and happened with lucky bounces resulting in turnovers.

Shady McCoy is a beast, but has not been able to stay on the field every week the past three years,

but I think this is the only team in the NFL without a backup running back.

Totbert is a fullback who his buddy from Carolina McDermott,  says he still has faith in.

If you believe that nonsense, I guess you will believe anything.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×