Instead of bashing Tyrod, how about a shout out to the D......

Billsfan1972

16 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Held Brees under 200 yards and no td passes.......

Saints scored on a 94 yard 10 rushing plays TD......  Incredible when broken down.......Rushes of 11, 10 ,9, 9, 15, 11, 11, 5, 6, 7.........

Its not about who we can "pin" this loss on...the entire team embarrassed itself last week.  Both lines got dominated like they were an actress trying to get into a Weinstein film, TT played one of his worst games in his career, and Dennison called a game poorly as I have seen since that idiot Hackett was here.  Plenty of blame to go around, even Clay once again had a ball hit him in the hands and chest that turned into an INT.  I mean, there really isnt anyone you cant single that didn't play like they downed a Cosby Cocktail before the game.  

So to hell with pointing fingers, its time crap on the whole team effort...and that includes McD who let this team come out in embarrassing fashion 2 straight weeks.

11 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the game ended in the middle? 

Well he tweeted before the game ended. I'll finish it for him

TD

FG

TD

End of Game

I mean, you could really just look at the Saints game in general:

TD

Fumble in Red Zone

TD

FG

Kneel to end Half

TD

TD

TD

FG

TD

Kneel to end Game

They scored on every possession they had except for 1 fumble and the kneeldowns. Incredible.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

In regards to the OP, yes, the defense has been getting blame too.

The thing is they're the reason we even have 5 wins to begin with, so piling on when we see the offense helped them NONE whatsoever feels disingenuous. 

When a defense isn't doing well, giving them time to regroup and take a breather after so many long, sustained drives tends to help. With our offense, they get about a minute before they're thrown right back out there. If our offense didn't respond by going 3 & out (and in the most pathetic fashion) immediately, maybe the defense would've had a chance. But when the defense is on the field for a whopping 42 minutes of the game, it's kind of hard to ignore the offense's role in that. 

For kicks, say the defense stopped the Saints on a few of these drives... Do you think giving our offense 3 more chances would've suddenly done something? In all the Drives Tyrod had, he threw for 56 freaking yards, 1 completion to a WR, and the rest were dump offs! Do you think a handful of extra 3 & outs on offense would've given us the chance we need? You could DOUBLE Tyrod's stats & still not come with range of a mediocre QB's performance! 

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sarcasm.......  Complaining non-stop about TT, when the D was shredded over and over and the O was not on the field.  

As the announcing crew was joking......  Anyone predict that Drew Brees wouldn't throw for 200 or a TD and the Saints would destroy a team by 37 points (up 44 at one point)?

Sorry, my bad. didn't "hear" the sarcasm in the post. LOL!

My take:

The D is bad in many spots. The front 7 for sure. We don't have the personnel to fix the D right now. Maybe one guy we could change out that's 1/7 th of the problem.

The O is bad in 3 spots RG RT QB. Due to the importance of the QB position it really outshines the RG and RT let's say RG = 1/4 and RT = 1/4 and QB = 1/2. So "TRYING" to fix the O would be easier from a number's stand point IF Peterman is an upgrade to Tyrod, because you fix at least 1/2 the problems of the O with 1 change.

Bottom line. The D sucks and there not much we can do about it now. The O sucks but we may have a possible fix right now. So since I can't do much about the D I complain about the QB which doesn't help anything but let's me vent about something that is possible.

11 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

Bottom line. The D sucks and there not much we can do about it now.

Here's what I don't understand about your analysis.  The same defense with the same players minus 1 WERE good enough. 2nd in the league in least points given up as a matter of fact.

Guys were good enough, but now they aren't? Confusing.

16 hours ago, Noogie75 said:

Well that's offense had the ball and only scored a field goal in three quarters. How about sustaining drives to help the defense out. The defense has helped the offense all year. Taylor is just not good. McD will start him and probably have the same result. He is to in love with TT.

I don't think they are in love with Taylor but they believe they can win with him despite his limitations by having a strong running attack and defense. However, we haven't had those the past 2 weeks and as a result have gotten blown out. The key to turning around the season will be in those 2 areas. Taylor is pretty consistent in what you are going to get 220 yds passing and 1-2 tds every game.

26 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I don't think they are in love with Taylor but they believe they can win with him despite his limitations by having a strong running attack and defense. However, we haven't had those the past 2 weeks and as a result have gotten blown out. The key to turning around the season will be in those 2 areas. Taylor is pretty consistent in what you are going to get 220 yds passing and 1-2 tds every game.

I don't think this is the case at all. Because they already have gone over the threshold of benching him for Peterman even though it was garbage time, and he performed very well. The "they think they can win with Taylor" ship has obviously sailed IMO. I think it's over for Taylor as soon as he plays badly in a game they can win which will probably happen this week. The only reason that Taylor is starting is because of their winning record. I'm sure the franchise wants Peterman to come into the comfortable and logical situation where Taylor has played himself out of the job and it's Peterman's the rest of the way no matter what. They don't want to drag the kid into a QB drama controversy.

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

In regards to the OP, yes, the defense has been getting blame too.

The thing is they're the reason we even have 5 wins to begin with, so piling on when we see the offense helped them NONE whatsoever feels disingenuous. 

When a defense isn't doing well, giving them time to regroup and take a breather after so many long, sustained drives tends to help. With our offense, they get about a minute before they're thrown right back out there. If our offense didn't respond by going 3 & out (and in the most pathetic fashion) immediately, maybe the defense would've had a chance. But when the defense is on the field for a whopping 42 minutes of the game, it's kind of hard to ignore the offense's role in that. 

For kicks, say the defense stopped the Saints on a few of these drives... Do you think giving our offense 3 more chances would've suddenly done something? In all the Drives Tyrod had, he threw for 56 freaking yards, 1 completion to a WR, and the rest were dump offs! Do you think a handful of extra 3 & outs on offense would've given us the chance we need? You could DOUBLE Tyrod's stats & still not come with range of a mediocre QB's performance! 

The defense was gashed right from the start. A shootout win or shootout loss,or a bad loss, and we got the bad loss.

Edited by JM2009

8 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I don't think this is the case at all. Because they already have gone over the threshold of benching him for Peterman even though it was garbage time, and he performed very well. The "they think they can win with Taylor" ship has obviously sailed IMO. I think it's over for Taylor as soon as he plays badly in a game they can win which will probably happen this week. The only reason that Taylor is starting is because of their winning record. I'm sure the franchise wants Peterman to come into the comfortable and logical situation where Taylor has played himself out of the job and it's Peterman's the rest of the way no matter what. They don't want to drag the kid into a QB drama controversy.

Other than for injury, I don't think we will be seeing Peterman until the Bills are eliminated from playoff contention at which point they may choose to evaluate him. However, I think they are going to ride and die with Taylor this year in order to determine his long term future.  

1 hour ago, billieve420 said:

It's a vicious circle though since QB play helps both of those areas out. If the QB is a threat to throw, you have less defenders in the box stopping the run and in coverage. OL contributes, but the perceived threat has to be there. Same with the Defense, it's a mutually-beneficial/detrimental relationship; if the defense can't force three and outs it ices the offense cold, and if the offense can't get first downs, it burns the defense out. Until he establishes himself as a passing threat, teams will continue to force us out on 3rd down 82% of the time. 82%......(that's a stat for the Saints game only, we're 40% on the year)

57 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

It's not "garbage time." When you're winning 40/47 to 3 (not 10, not 14, not 18....3) your defense doesn't have to provide ample effort. Put in subs and play primarily zone coverage over the top. Combine that with literally zero preparation on Peterman's timing, throw percentage, run ability, and any tape outside of the preseason and the defense is just responding to whatever the offense does. He showed positives, like fitting the throw in to Benjamin and hitting Matthews for the 1st, and even on missed throws to Thompson and others. Give a team a week to prepare for him and you won't see what you saw in that quarter. This coming from someone who thinks Peterman has genuine potential. 

It's true on our side of the ball as well - Peterman has only received developmental reps with the first team. He hasn't had the time to work with receivers or command the team. 

We're so ready for Peterman because our offense literally can't move. 3 points the entire game with TT and the OL, not many fans can endure two losses like that in a row, much less this starved fanbase, without starting to call for the proverbial QB change, coaches/coordinators being fired, all the way to needing a new stadium. Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. I could see him playing meaningless games if this team eliminates itself from the playoffs, but until that happens I don't see the switch happening either. Nor it being worth it just to see some semblance of a productive offense.

Edited by ctk232

19 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Held Brees under 200 yards and no td passes.......

Saints scored on a 94 yard 10 rushing plays TD......  Incredible when broken down.......Rushes of 11, 10 ,9, 9, 15, 11, 11, 5, 6, 7.........

Why can't it be both?