Instead of bashing Tyrod, how about a shout out to the D......

Billsfan1972

6 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Both were terrible.  Reality of the situation is that replacing Taylor is easier to fix the offense and make the games barrable.  Most dont have the ablility or the time to determine if the run defense issues are personal scheme or the percentage of each.

Seemed to me the defense was going for the ball too much and not getting the guy on the ground. As the game wore on the line coudnt get off blocks and they where getting a hat on a hat play side and that was it.  Im not a fan of Humber.  He is not playing the same way after his injury.  I would go with Milano.  I would also consider utilizing a 3 saftey nickel.  Use Hydes versatility and put him in the slot and put elston on the field.  His tackling ability will be needed in the box.

3 safeties? You mean an extra safety instead of a linebacker? Seems to me they need more big bodies to stop the run.

Meh. I ain't blaming anyone at this point.  I really did not expect much this season even before the trades.  I assumed we would be picking 9th or 10th again, but I did have hope.  We had two solid hires with the gm and coach.  Call me crazy but one of the things that jumped out at me most about McDermott is being a two time national championship as a high school wrestler. I have confidence that he will get it figured out. Then when Beane cleaned out the scouting department, they had me.  About the only other thing I was looking for was Overdorf getting the axe.

Once I see how these guys clean up this mess they inherited.. How they play that truckload of picks they have, then I will reevaluate whether to start bitching or not.  This season was really over before it started.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

3 safeties? You mean an extra safety instead of a linebacker? Seems to me they need more big bodies to stop the run.

2 corners hyde slot.  Poyer elston safties. For nickle defense not base.  Instead of leonard johmsn hyde on the slot closer to the line of scrimmage.  Elston in the box for run support.

Edited by Mat68

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

2 corners hyde slot.  Poyer elston safties. For nickle defense not base.  Instead of leonard johmsn hyde on the slot closer to the line of scrimmage.  Elston in the box for run support.

I see. I will say that they miss a strong run support safety - right now I'd be thrilled to see the second coming of Bacarri Rambo on the Bills D.  Maybe that's Elston? Worth a try before some other team runs for 300 on us ...

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Held Brees under 200 yards and no td passes.......

Saints scored on a 94 yard 10 rushing plays TD......  Incredible when broken down.......Rushes of 11, 10 ,9, 9, 15, 11, 11, 5, 6, 7.........

you would not win a nfl match up with just 57 yards of passing ether soooo.......

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

If we we had Nasty Nate in and he threw for 350, we would have lost 52-35.  soooooooooooooo.........

How do you know that. are you from the future just maybe our D would play a little more inspired don't ya think, it could have gone ether way or overtime soooo.. Tyrod sucks so get OVER IT BUDDY

Edited by jaclynrea21

23 minutes ago, jaclynrea21 said:

How do you know that. are you from the future just maybe our D would play a little more inspired don't ya think, it could have gone ether way or overtime soooo.. Tyrod sucks so get OVER IT BUDDY

Obviously I can't say for sure. My thinking was that if we had scored more, they would have well since they didn't punt the whole game. 

Inspiration will only yet you so far. We were out and out whooped.

But maybe.

5 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Saints scored on a 94 yard 10 rushing plays TD......  Incredible when broken down.......Rushes of 11, 10 ,9, 9, 15, 11, 11, 5, 6, 7.........

Thing about the D is that there's no "Transplant Defense Fan" out there yelling about how good they are in spite of what we see.

Nobody's disagreeing with you that they weren't just bad they were awful.

Unless I missed someone in this thread.

So two weeks ago many here were explaining what a great D Buffalo had and that there was no need for a Buffalo QB to throw for 300 yards......  One three and out and some good field position and maybe the Offense would have been inspired too......

Agreed TT was lousy, but bad field position and maybe if they convert that long pass on 3rd & 1 (drop by Thompson on a perfect pass) or 3rd and 1 stuffed near the half with the score 17-3 maybe a little more respectable.

The point of the thread was the Defense was as bad as I've ever seen against the run and these were easy 8-15 yard runs one after another.....

Where are those who went on and on about the Defense and the new culture.  Where are you now.

TT was given an offense set up to fail and more and more not using his skills.  There was another post that explained just how little TT is allowed to audible.....  At least with Watkins every once in a while he'd go long and Watkins got it (or Goodwin).....  

Edited by Billsfan1972

11 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Why would we give a shout out to the D because they held Drew to under 200 yards of passing and no TD? He didn't need to throw the ball!!!!! They were running all over us at will. For Christ sake they scored 6 rushing TD's and you want to give a shout out to the D!!! WTF!

52 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

Why would we give a shout out to the D because they held Drew to under 200 yards of passing and no TD? He didn't need to throw the ball!!!!! They were running all over us at will. For Christ sake they scored 6 rushing TD's and you want to give a shout out to the D!!! WTF!

Sarcasm.......  Complaining non-stop about TT, when the D was shredded over and over and the O was not on the field.  

As the announcing crew was joking......  Anyone predict that Drew Brees wouldn't throw for 200 or a TD and the Saints would destroy a team by 37 points (up 44 at one point)?

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sarcasm.......  Complaining non-stop about TT, when the D was shredded over and over and the O was not on the field.  

As the announcing crew was joking......  Anyone predict that Drew Brees wouldn't throw for 200 or a TD and the Saints would destroy a team by 37 points (up 44 at one point)?

TT was terrible, so was the run defense. They got gashed from the start.

Not that its an excuse or anything, but with the offense squandering wins against the Panthers and Bengals the defense has earned 2 flops to even out the contribution.   Im sure its very demoralizing for the defense to stand on its head and despite turning the ball over in fantastic spots on the field struggle to squeeze a FG out of it, if even that.

15 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

I feel ashamed now. Also, I didn't state he played MLB. I knew he played OLB though. 

But, I got the last name though. I was 22 when he first came to the Bills. Pretty much spent those few years away at school in a drunken blur :lol: 

He was a tweener safety that played LB in some packages.  New England went no huddle to keep our personnel on the field and ran it straight at Scott play after play.  43 is the Mike, 43 is the Mike.