Bills fall to #25 in NFL Power Index

zow2

Let that sink in for a minute..  just a couple weeks ago Buffalo was around 10th with the likes of the Rams, Falcons, Jags and Vikes.  Now they are sharing the neighborhood of the Bears, Bengals, Phins and Cardinals....and still plummeting.  I'm not even sure how to gauge this?  I get how it happened to Houston (losing Deshaun Watson).  But losing Dareus is not the reason this team is imploding.  The big guys on both sides of the ball are getting completely dominated these last two weeks.  We have McCoy running the ball and no one else behind him. That is just a huge gap when you have Tolbert in there catching swing passes.  Taylor, who i like, is just not making quick decisions and  you can see it's not in his nature to throw contested balls to WR's.  Even i can admit, Peterman looks more mature than his years.  From the pocket he makes the quick release into a window and looks pretty accurate. 

The defense is an abomination.  If the turnover differential wasn't this high this club would be around 2-7.

Edited by zow2

1 minute ago, jr1 said:

the giants have 1 win and are 22nd. This list is bs

I think for the most part, it is consistent with the "eye test", but the Giants at 22nd is puzzling. They certainly look like one of the worst 3 teams in the league.

I do agree with this list that teams like the Chargers and Redskins are better than their record, and teams like the Bills, Dolphins, and Titans are worse than their record.

6 minutes ago, jr1 said:

the giants have 1 win and are 22nd. This list is bs

Not really because like I said yesterday, the way this team is playing right now they would probably not be able to beat the Giants, 49ers, Browns, etc on the road.

Even in Buffalo can't say for sure because this team is just terrible across the board right now.

This particular index is not really for the "eye test" like other power rankings.  It's a predictor and incorporates other factors like injuries, upcoming schedule, distance to travel, home/road, which team has more rest etc..  (in addition to the past week's performance & stats).

I guess if we beat the Chargers in LA this weekend it will be an upset.  Who would've thought that a couple weeks ago?

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

You get blown out two games in a row and this is what happens.  Especially since one of those blowouts is against a team ranked lower than the Bills.

(I'll never catch you if I keep giving you Rep points!!!!)

I have zero issue with this ranking after the last 2 weeks. 

I was about to post how I couldn't believe that there are 7 teams worse than what we've seen from the Bills the last two weeks and then I noticed that a one win Giants team that just lost to the hapless 49ers are listed above us....and I literally laughed loud!

come on man!