Sex Allegations Against Roy Moore Send Republicans Reeling

ALF

11 minutes ago, Azalin said:

High post count? Me? What in hell are you talking about?

And yes, you're completely wrong about "faux cowpokes". Your choice of terms in describing them illustrates your ignorance of a significant and historical American culture. Just because you can't relate doesn't diminish them one bit.

No, faux cowpoke, "diminish" any sort of cowboy legacy the US has. Why would anyone embrace adults dressed up as children? 

americans-eat-so-much-theyd-have-to-run-

Persons who look more cartoonish and silly than any utility their dress may have...

enhanced-buzz-7583-1370360733-11.jpg?dow

I see no benefit in society condoning these cartoonish and silly people, or any of numales who choose to don silly or cartoonish outfits. May the "muh history" excuse be kept on the civil war reenactment battlefields.

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's just really bad trolling.  "I'd put cowpokes in camps!"

REALLY bad trolling.

No, standing up for cartoonish, silly people is "bad trolling."

Of course, I wouldn't put em' in camp, I cant! Neither, can you guys show me how wrong I am about the faux cowboys adding a net detriment to society. Hell, even on the individual level, they are all detriments, from my experience. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Paulus said:

No, faux cowpoke, "diminish" any sort of cowboy legacy the US has. Why would anyone embrace adults dressed up as children? 

Persons who look more cartoonish and silly than any utility their dress may have...

I see no benefit in society condoning these cartoonish and silly people, or any of numales who choose to don silly or cartoonish outfits. May the "muh history" excuse be kept on the civil war reenactment battlefields.

Of course, I wouldn't put em' in camp, I cant! Neither, can you guys show me how wrong I am about the faux cowboys adding a net detriment to society. Hell, even on the individual level, they are all detriments, from my experience. 

Can you please be more specific? I'd love to hear you address this in greater detail.

7 hours ago, Paulus said:

What about grown men that dress up like ninjas

headlineImage.adapt.1460.high.jihadi_joh

or grown women that cover their head like Princess Leia

Leia.jpg

On 12/1/2017 at 9:47 AM, 3rdnlng said:

Azalin is a long-term, well respected poster here who is generally amenable and mild mannered. You as a newbe would do yourself a favor to limit yourself to only lurking until you are smart enough to obtain a map of the minefield.

No I'll post when I want 

WAPO POLL: Alabama race is neck and neck, with voters divided over Roy Moore allegations, poll finds. A generic R should have a comfortable lead in Alabama, so the allegations are hurting him.

If Alabama sends Roy Moore to the Senate, I think it will be for the same reason Caligula sent a horse: As a gesture of contempt.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/282293/

The GOP tax bill won't be finished until after this election. The tax bill is pretty unpopular. Has Moore weighed in on if he will support it? And the cuts the Medicare the GOP are talking about have to be issues weighing on Moore, also. If he loses, the tax bill is dead

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

WAPO POLL: Alabama race is neck and neck, with voters divided over Roy Moore allegations, poll finds. A generic R should have a comfortable lead in Alabama, so the allegations are hurting him.

If Alabama sends Roy Moore to the Senate, I think it will be for the same reason Caligula sent a horse: As a gesture of contempt.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/282293/

I don't think if Republican voters send RM to the Senate it will be to express their contempt for the institution. That would be the case if they saw him as manifestly unfit to serve as a senator, in the same way that a horse might be. No, if they send him there it will be for other reasons: to help consolidate  conservative control of congress and, more generally, support all aspects of the conservative agenda as it impacts many behavioral norms and choices. That they may be willing to do this even if means being represented by a pedophile evidences the strength of their deeply held convictions, be they right or wrong. If they are right, it is surely a case of the end justifying the means i.e. a pedophile is better than an honourable Democrat (assuming that such a thing exists). If they are wrong, they are just a collection of backward people, hypocrites and/or moral embeciles. 

The classical reference is however instructive in another way IMO. There have been three Romes i.e. acknowledged preeminent global superpowers: the original of course, the British Empire (on which at its height the Sun never set) and the post WWII American Empire/Hegemony.

As products of human endeavor empires are organic in nature and therefore susceptible to decay and destruction. Sometimes they rot from within, sometimes they are overtaken by competing and hostile forces, and sometimes both things happen at once. At least that is what happened to the Romans and the Brits. Why should America be different? When I look at Trump, an incompetent and clownish bafoon, I see a big step down from even his more modestly accomplished predecessors, let alone the Lincolns and the FDRs. Similarly, the Julian line produced not only Julius and Augustus but also Caligula, the guy who appointed his horse to the Roman senate, and the greatest Antonine, Marcus Aurelius, was succeeded by his son Commodus, who actually fancied himself a gladiator instead of a head of state. 

The historian Gibbon blames Christianity for the fall of Rome. I think that the real problem, as is so often the case, was the lack of a succession planning mechanism designed to ensure that the most qualified candidate (or at least a good one) got the top job. I'm sure that there were plenty of Romans hanging around who were more qualified than Heliogabulus. The question with respect to America is whether a carefully crafted Constitution and frequent plebiscites are sufficient safeguards against the election to the highest office of a patently unworthy person and against the damage that he or she might do. While the American system is clearly much better and more efficient than that of Imperial Rome or Ottoman Turkey, it looks to me that it is not foolproof either. 

Edited by starrymessenger

14 hours ago, Paulus said:

I'd like to see you mess with a cowboy.

Not a Brantley Gilbert or Like Bryant douchebag wanna be.  But a George Strait or Sam Elliot authentic.

Your anger over this is charming. This is what upsets you.

I'd find 100 "faux cowboys"ruin you before youd touch them

4 hours ago, ALF said:

If Alabama voters want another R Senator they will elect Moore. If he gets thrown out , the Governor will appoint a R replacement.

:lol:

And I predict that if the Bills score more points tomorrow than the Patriots do, then Buffalo will win the game.

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I'd like to see you mess with a cowboy.

Not a Brantley Gilbert or Like Bryant douchebag wanna be.  But a George Strait or Sam Elliot authentic.

Your anger over this is charming. This is what upsets you.

I'd find 100 "faux cowboys"ruin you before youd touch them

flat,800x800,075,t.u1.jpg

Man, I really touched a sensitive spot with the faux cowboys here. 

I mean, keep dressing in your "ceremonial cowboy outfits" while you shop at the "wa'mart." It is perfectly fine with me. However, I really don't think the traditional and antiquated garb is impressive. Quite the opposite. When your best retort is "muh cowboys beat you up" you do nothing but strengthen my point. Just one more bit of anecdotal evidence illustrating what garbage these people really are. 

riBbiE0kRAi8bMgHlp1K_Freakout.gif

13 minutes ago, Paulus said:

flat,800x800,075,t.u1.jpg

Man, I really touched a sensitive spot with the faux cowboys here. 

I mean, keep dressing in your "ceremonial cowboy outfits" while you shop at the "wa'mart." It is perfectly fine with me. However, I really don't think the traditional and antiquated garb is impressive. Quite the opposite. When your best retort is "muh cowboys beat you up" you do nothing but strengthen my point. Just one more bit of anecdotal evidence illustrating what garbage these people really are. 

riBbiE0kRAi8bMgHlp1K_Freakout.gif

i didn't read any of that.  just letting you know.  the garbage man is really annoying, though.he's wearing sweatpants, too?!

15 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

i didn't read any of that. 

Just more evidence of how useless the faux cowboys and their fanbois really are. 

When you can come up with something better than "cowboy beat u up" and "me no read" let me know. Until then enjoy the ride...

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Just more evidence of how useless the faux cowboys and their fanbois really are. 

When you can come up with something better than "cowboy beat u up" and "me no read" let me know. Until then enjoy the ride...

tenor.gif

Please change the topic header to "Sex Allegations Against Nobody named Paulus"

!@#$ing pervert.